1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone not planning to sell any of their BJDs, ever

Dec 23, 2020

1. Since I discovered the hobby I have purchased and sold many of my dolls, mostly because I cannot afford having too many, but still want to experience holding others for at least some time. So to buy a new one I have to let another one go. I have two dolls that I am hoping to never have to sell - my little Ptichka bjd and Nastya by bjtales.

2. I don't plan on selling any of my dolls. However, I would sale my April Story boy body because of the lack of posability and I just don't like the body.

3. I tend to buy dolls mostly secondhand because i really like how cute - lovely they look (layway is a big +) , also the shipping time here is really slow so after waiting that much to get them i find they are more special to me and hard to part whit, also i think it could be hard to try to send them overseas , i have sold just one of the first ones.
      Right now they are sharing a cramped space, so i think i will not be bringing more dolls tought.

4. I lean towards no to selling. I don't buy anything with the intent to sell. I doubt I'd sell Caedan.

5. I buy with the intention to not sell. For me, it means a lot to buy a doll and invest into it. I wouldn't say it's like a pet or a child but I personally would feel bad to buy it and then not like it enough to keep for whatever reason. If I get one, I feel like I must try to make it look its best.

6. It’s not that I feel bad, it’s more that I think I’ll regret selling them. I have a few that I’ve contemplated selling, but always tell myself okay if I get more dolls then I’ll sell these. I’ve only sold two in my life and have a ton right now I need to downsize but it’s so hard!

7. I don't think i will sell my dolls. I have had them for a while and i couldn't imagine not having them. I think if I would ever get tired of them, I would first try a different look or face up.

8. I'm new in the hobby and for now I would not see myself sell any of my dolls.
      And even if my tastes change in the future, I am a very sentimental person and it's so hard for me to sell some of my possessions that I think I will most likely find a way to make them fit my aesthetic again instead of selling them (new wig, face-up and clothes for example) :3nodding:
      I think the only thing that will make me sell my dolls is if I'm suddenly in trouble financially and need to find emergency money :atremblin

9. I've sold parts on occasion, but I don't believe I'll ever sell a complete doll. I don't buy with the intention of reselling and I'm quite sentimentally attached to all the dolls I currently have, most of whom are shelling my OCs. If I like a character enough to turn them into a doll, it's not likely I'll ever lose interest in them. :P

My space is extremely limited and on occasion I've toyed with the idea of maybe selling the ones I haven't played with a while, but it never turns into anything serious. It's not like dolls are perishable goods (aside from their resin mellowing over time) so they'll still be there no matter how long I leave them alone, and I know from past experience that I'll eventually come around to playing with even my most neglected dolls again. So no matter what, I can't sell them. I'll just have to find creative ways to make space since for some reason more dolls just keep showing up here. :lol:

10. I’ve been in this hobby since late 2007, I joined DoA mid 2008. I’ve done my fair share of selling dolls that I just didn’t vibe with anymore over the years (a few I’ve definitely regretted but what can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
      My very first doll (Dollzone Hid) I got in August 2008 and I still have him. I love him fully still and I even got 3 more of the same sculpt (I would totally own an army of them but unfortunately I’m very particular of the specific body for them or be on that they are difficult for me to find) BUT ANYWAY with the crew I have currently, I can firmly say that I have no desire or intentions to sell any of them. A lot of them aren’t complete yet but I’m happy with how they’re progressing. I just need to finish what I’ve started lol
      I do have 1 or 2 floating heads that I got very randomly spur of the moment that aren’t working out with what I thought I could do with them so maybe they’ll go but everyone that is complete or on it’s way too being complete, I’m definitely keeping. Like I’m putting so much effort into you, I’m not going to get rid of you so easily.

11. I never have bought a doll with any inkling that I would sell them later. The ones I did buy I spent so much time already loving before they were home, and currently still own and love the 3 resin dolls I bought in 2006 and 2007. To this day they are still my most prized possessions.

I did sell a DD Miku I had a few years back... I just wasn't prepared to own a doll that had a pre-determined character. As much of a Vocaloid and Miku fan that I am, it just didn't click with me. I do still feel very sad and guilty about it though. I am now waiting for a new basic DD who is a character I personally created, so I am feeling bonded before her arrival.

12. I definitely do not plan to sell my dolls. I've made too many memories with them and the characters would feel somehow wrong to me if they were to be put into another body. I take months to select dolls I want because they fit a character I have in mind. Only twice have I not done so. The first was with my grail doll who I am definitely never selling and the second was a limited edition that I thought I had missed out on, but went on sale, my guess was overstock from one seller, just a few days after I had thought I had lost him forever. Those two I snatched up as soon as I saw them and only my grail doll has a character. The limited was for my favorite anime and is one of only two pieces of merchandise I have ever seen for it.

13. Selling is definitely a last resort for me. I don't like to sell my dolls for the reason that my dolls are creative outlets for me and just because a sculpt doesn't speak to me creatively at that moment doesn't mean it never will. I've also regretted selling several dolls before so, before I even consider selling a doll, I'll put it away for a while and wait for the creative impulse to strike me. I don't like to sell my dolls but it is something I am willing to do.

14. Hi,
      I do feel like that now but previously I sold one of my DC boys to my best friend. She had wanted him forever but never managed to get him (Snowborn). He was her grail and after finding mine felt like I never really bonded with him. So he went to a better home.
      The only other doll I have sold this year was my IOS Osiris I had him on layaway and when he arrived I had lost interest. (My only impulse buy lol)
      I don't plan on selling any other dolls, I have a new boy on layaway but generally don't sell older dolls to get new additions. After finding my grail doll I lost interest in buying any more dolls but he needs a friend lol

15. Yes my Doll Chateau Barbara will stay with me forever. She will be 8 years old in 2021 She was a gift from my partner and he also gave her a name so she is very special to me. The same way I would not sell a piece of jewelry he has given me. I also just adore her in general ♥️

16. I'm just over 3 years deep in this hobby, and until this point I've only sold a floating head (a sleeping head) and a body (when I upgraded a different doll to a new body). I considered selling one of my dolls when it took me a long time to bond with her, but I ended up finding a concept I liked for her and decided against selling. In general, the dolls I buy are dolls I intend to keep for a long time.

That being said, I'm getting close to reaching max capacity space-wise and comfort-wise with my collection, so I have to start making harder decisions about what to do with my dolls--are there any I don't bond with that much? Can it be solved with a new faceup/style? Do I want to sell them? Should I keep them in storage instead?

17. I won't say never on things, I've had several I've changed my mind on big time. Mostly at this point I have a pretty good sense for what I like, but I've had a few purchases I haven't been happy with on arrival and I try to move those on the MP pretty fast. Not as much for recouping as much as I just feel someone else will be much happier with it than myself.
      There are certain, individual dolls, that I really don't consider ever selling, but as far as "any" goes, nah I'd rather the doll be enjoyed.

18. I have bought and sold a lot of dolls over the years but I have gotten my collection to a point where I don't think I'll be selling much more. I have odds and ends from hybridizing dolls, but I don't really count hose because they went into making a doll I am VERY unlikely to sell.

19. All the dolls I own are part of my story. I chose their physical shell for a long time. I would have to sell them all at once in order to quit the hobby. I can't imagine it yet. There is a part of my soul in them...

20. I don't buy dolls I'm not certain I won't love for years to come. Despite that, I've only ever sold 2 heads and 1 full doll to date (another 1 in the marketplace as I type) and otherwise my current family of 19 reflects just how invested I am in keeping them. The love for the characters they shelled changed, and in the case of the heads, one I had no plans for since it was a free event head and the other I lost all interest in due to a sour commission experience.

I don't feel bad selling them. They made me happy once, and they'll make their new owners happy too.