1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone not planning to sell any of their BJDs, ever

Dec 23, 2020

1. I don't plan on selling my dolls. Granted, I don't have a huge collection; I have 5 with 2 on the way. They're all special to me in different ways. I think even as they age and yellow a lot I'll still love them♡

2. I have a set of twins being made and I’m making Six and Mono from little nightmares. My all time favorite game. So I don’t ever plan on selling them.

3. Ideally, I wouldn’t. I got into the hobby back in 2012, and I had bought 3 dolls before selling all of them a few years ago. It was a mix of needing some emergency money and falling out of the hobby for a while. I never really connected with one of the dolls, so I’m not heartbroken about selling her, but since I’ve come back to the hobby I wish I had the other two still. It is what it is, and I would be okay with selling future dolls I don’t connect with, but I plan on keeping my collection if my interests shift again so I don’t regret it down the line.

4. They are such an investment that I can't see myself ever owning more than 2 or 3. This would allow me to customize them exactly as I want and can't imagine ever wanting to sell them. But being new to the hobby, I realize I might change my mind.

5. I have one specific doll in my crew that I've had since 2008. He's actually the doll in my avatar. He's old, almost lemon yellow and very much a defunct sculpt now but I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world.

6. I'm one of these people. Feels weird to me? I will -- and have -- purchased other people's dolls. But for some reason, selling them is weird to me unless I absolutely, absolutely hate them.

7. I never thought I would sell any of my dolls, but never say never I get overwhelmed when I own too many dolls, so I end up selling the ones I like less.

I would still like to sell a couple but it's become such a hassle these days so I just keep them.

8. I will never let go my permanent boys, this I will say with confidence. I don’t have strong feeling to one of my boys, I still keep his head. Feel so weird to sell him.

I did sell heads and bodies, because they were either come with the body I want or the head I want.

9. I don’t have any such plans. They make me so happy.

10. I never planned on selling dolls, but I got to a point with my collection where I had been collecting just for the sake of it and it wasn't making me happy anymore. Rather than hold onto a bunch of dolls "just because," I figured it would be better to send them on their way to someone else who would enjoy them more and I could funnel those funds into other dolly projects that did make me happy.

11. I went into the hobby feeling very much that I would never sell any of my BJDs, that changed a little over a year in because I had a very unexpected insurance issue, and had no other way to pay the bill.

I guess you could say that softened me to the concept of selling my dolls, because dolls coming in and out of my collection regularly has sort of become the norm for me since then.

12. I don't really have plans to sell things that I get, because I get them for personal enjoyment. Honestly I am terrible at selling any of my old things - I either toss them or donate them. I think if I had a doll I no longer wanted I'd prefer to gift it as I don't look at dolls as investments or anything like that.

13. I sold a few bits of my other doll collection and it was nerve-wracking the entire time. I would much rather just donate rather than sell off, it makes me happy to find a kid and give them a doll and outfits. A couple years ago I sent an American Girl doll to a friend’s daughter along with a pet, a ton of outfits, and a few accessories. That made me feel a lot better than selling.

When it comes to my BJDs... nope, never. They’re mine forever. They’re entirely too costly to rethink later.

14. I have thought about it, I started collecting in 2009 so my crew probably needs at least a bit of thinning...but so far I have pretty much only a one way doors: dolls may enter but none have left yet.:sweat

15. Sell my children?? No way ever!

16. Ill never sell, tbh. But in the event I dont want one or need to be rid of them. I'd probably just give them to a friend of mine that would be happy to adopt.

17. I will probably sell dolls if I have to in crisis, but only then. I get quite attached to things like dolls and stuffed animals, so if I have had a doll for long it would be quite hard to part with it. I have made a deal with my self that I will never sell My firs doll of each size, even if I do leave the hobby. I will keep them to remind me of that time in my life. If it was a newer doll that I did not resonate with or that I did not like she would be sold because I would feel bad that she wasn't getting attention, so I would send her to a better home that would love her much more.

18. I don't see myself ever selling my dolls. I become too attached to them and I am a real picky buyer. I do alot of research and it takes alot for me to finally make the purchase. Now with that said that once I find a artist that I really like then yes I will make future purchases without hesitation if there is a preorder of a specific model becomes available. But yes they are for keeps .:D

19. I feel this as well. Some of my dolls are so dear to me I would feel really bad selling them.

20. I don't see myself ever selling my dolls. I collect several kinds, not just BJDs and I sold a lot to fund my first resin BJDs and regretted it SO much! I'm 46, I've loved dolls since I was a small child, I'm not going to outgrow this hobby!