1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone not planning to sell any of their BJDs, ever

Dec 23, 2020

1. As of yet I only have two dolls and I could never see myself parting ways with them. I'm too attached to them and knew I wanted them the moment I seen them. Also their companies no longer make their sculpts so that just makes them extra special to me. I have thought of shelling them in different sculpts as the adult versions of them... but that's too much work for me.

2. I only have Faith at the moment and I'm not parting with her any time soon. I WILL fer good enough at making stuff to spoil her like she deserves. At the moment, I am a total noob and felt bad for trying to clean off her manicure the other day.

I figure for putting up with my terrible ness, I'll get her Lyulf as soon as I have the means. XD

3. I bought each of my dolls with the hope that I could make it work. Each of them is pretty special to me, but I am new-ish to the hobby, and well, never say never. ^^

Still, for dolls and toys I want to do the thing in which, if you take one in, it's like family: you take in the good, the bad and you try to make it work. It's not about morals in reselling, but I did this with my toys when I was young, and I still want to do it. (Though I had to separate from my toys and I guess that if it bring joy to someone else, it's fine).

It was very easy with my two girls, because I fell in love with them instantly. It was much more difficult with my boy, but by trying to make him wigs, clothes, faceups, restringing him, spraypainting him, etc. and failing miserably at all of it makes him pretty special to me too, since I spent a lot of time with him! (The beautiful artist faceup I commissioned for him sure helped make me love him though.^^)

Still, I'll try to do everything I can to avoid selling them, but if it happens, well it happens.

UPDATE: I did sell a gift pet doll, but as I did not particularly wanted him (not in the right scale with the rest of my collection), that hardly counts...but it has founded the purchase of a beautiful gown for one of my girls!

#83 lyaam12, Aug 5, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    4. I got my grail Niko and my dollzone cindy head and honestly I never imagined selling them. I like the idea of being able to manhandle them or mod them and not worry about resale value. I think worst case scenario I would give them for free to a close friend or my niece when she is old enough if she likes them of course!

5. I don't typically plan to sell mine. I've sold a couple in desperate times and I regret it. I miss them deeply.
      I typically get most of them with some sort of meaning and some were gifts. I get really upset if anything happens to them (I cried over my girls hand breaking but I have been able to replace it because website shipping is too much for hands.)
      There is a couple I have sold that were exceptions but they were just heads really.

Otherwise I doubt I could unless it was desperately needed.

6. I put so much thought and time into planning to buy dolls, that so far I don't think I'd ever sell the ones I got or the ones I will get in the future.

For me I stalk instagram tags of each doll and plan how I want mine, and spend months or longer waiting to buy because I want to be sure I love the sculpt and what can be done with it. I have ended up falling out of love with a handful of dolls I had liked in the beginning, so I'm glad I didn't buy them as soon as I liked them.

I am a minimalist, so if I were to truly not be in love with a doll I aquire, I would sell it to a hopefully loving home. I'm of the mindset that something should be used, loved, or simply appreciated or its useless and just taking up space.

I will add, with my much cheaper dolls (like, I bought them at target, so I don't think they count towards the question), I have passed them onto children with no hesitation because they loved it more than I did, and to me that makes it worth it :)

7. I don’t plan on selling my dolls. They’re very special to me and because the decision to buy them or certain dolls was love at first sight and plan on buying them isn’t made over night so yeah they will be with me for a long time. I know that sounds like I have lots of love at first sight dolls but it’s that feeling you get. You know that tingling feeling when you see that certain doll that just captured your heart. Yep. So no selling for me.

8. i didn't plan on ever selling my dolls but sometimes it just happens, i am currently selling my very first bjd because no matter how much i tried, how many different styles and face ups and time i just couldn't bond with him, it's sad but it's better to sell him to someone who will love him then hold on to it and have it take up space.

i think saying you will never ever ever sell one of your dolls is a extreme because you never know what might happen.

9. I've been collecting dolls of different kinds for almost 20 years and have never sold any. Having said that, I don't have a large collection.

10. My Ptichka is one I’d never sell either. She’s by far my favorite. I’d love to add one or two more if I could!

11. Of course I don’t buy anything with the thought of selling it.
      That said I don’t really have much space and the need of selling things might come up. Also after a couple years you might fall out of love…you never know.
      I don’t think I’ll feel bad for selling anything as well. My problem is, I’m extremely unlucky whenever I try to sell anything…it never sells (Im listing it way beyond the price, including shipping for free and there is no damage on the item). So to me selling things is a nightmare and I know I’ll just loose a LOT of money.
      So yeah, if I can I prefer not to sell anything.

12. I don’t buy any dolls with the intention of selling. And I didn’t ever plan on selling any of mine. However I did notice that I am slowly starting to have a very clear picture of what i prefer, and as it develops stronger to beast bodies/creatures I may resell some normal human bodies to change them to beast bodies. Which that will make it so I will sell bodies I no longer like/want/need. But I can’t seem to part with the heads. I think as I will collect more in the future I may have a need to sell something since I will run out of space or my preference changes :nowords: Tricky questions lol I don’t plan to sell, but it may happen.

13. I looked - really looked - at my first polymer clay doll this morning and I'm so glad I still have her. I see my dolls all the time as they are in a glass display cabinet but I never really see them, if you know what I mean. I think I would regret selling any of my dolls.

Sometimes I look at my BJDs and wish I only had a couple (I'm still in single digits at this point in time) because they look too cluttered in their display. Should have bought a bigger wardrobe to put them in! :lol:

14. I dont plan on ever selling any of my doll's- especially not the character dolls as they really aren't replaceable. But we don't know what life will throw at us...

15. I told myself that before I could order any more dolls I would have to sell a doll, but I can't see myself doing that. I am a bit of a hoarder and I like to keep the things I pay for. And really looking at my collection I can't see one doll that I wouldn't miss. I am hanging on to them all.

16. I feel very much the same way with buying dolls! I feel like once I do get attracted to a certain sculpt, then that's pretty much it and I'm committed. Even if there are changes over time with shelling characters, I can't bring myself to sell them and often will work around with them instead of try to get rid of them. I'm very VERY sentimental and if I grow attached to any extent, I feel like it's only right to keep with them and would feel very terrible if I ever had to sell them.

I've actually wondered if it was possible to "foster" a doll if my money situation ever got dire enough that I was pushed that far. May seem like a long shot but I've always wondered if there would be someone willing to "adopt" a doll for a period of time and then be bought back when my situation improved :'3 Kinda like temporary ownership but you get your money back at the end, if that makes any sense ^^; Because I know if outright sold a doll, it would break my heart but if I knew someone would love having them for awhile and wouldn't mind having them be returned/bought back, then it would make me feel so much better knowing they were safe and would be able to return home when things improved.

It may be social anxiety/lack of friends in real life to hangout with but I see my dolls as part of my family and even my family considers them as part of the family too. So at the end of the day, I don't think I would ever be able to sell a doll unless I knew there was a way to have them back if I had to "give them up" for a time if pushed too far.

17. I would like to be one of these people who will never sell but unfortunately I'm always in need of selling. I was lucky I have friends who have bjds and dds I was able to buy dolls and sell through them or just enjoy their dolls without having to buy. Right now I want to sell a bunch of stuff to participate in the Volks lotteries but my friends are not interested in what I have for sell XD (an iplehouse doll and bjd clothes) so I just applied to the marketplace to see if I can sell and use that money for the lotteries. That's the beauty of this hobby, there's always a chance to get our money back (or some of it) to buy new dolls. I have savings but their for my family's Christmas

18. I think maybe when I first started collecting, I said I would never sell any of my dolls, because each doll I think carefully about before I buy since it is not a small amount of money and I make sure I love them forever. But, now when I I am becoming reacquainted with my long lost dolls again after all these years, I find that I don’t feel the same about each one like before. Some looks different to me today, then they looked along time ago when I first bought them. Yes, I still love them all, but not at the same degrees. And someday a few or more might go to new homes.

19. I don't intend to, no. I have hyperempathy towards objects in general but toys in particular, so it's a difficult thing to picture myself doing.

20. At one point I thought I'd never sell any of my dolls. However, recently I've deeply thought about my collection and how I want it to look and I've been slowly listing some of my dolls for sale. I do have dolls that I don't I will ever sell though.