1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone not planning to sell any of their BJDs, ever

Dec 23, 2020

1. I have a few of them I would never sell, I have had them forever and really like them, I can't imagine not having them around. Also, they are almost the colour of bananas by now so I don't think I would get a lot for them, hahah!
      But some of them I could sell if I would take the time for it.. I think a small collection of just the ones you really love is very nice.. I'm just not there yet. :P

2. If I fell out of love with a doll I would sell them, or extra heads / bodies that aren't part of a finished doll that I envision, or are freebies for other dolls I buy. I don't think I would sell a doll for a financial emergency, mostly because I'm afraid to depend on having to sell things if I suddenly need money-- what if they don't sell? Also, I have a very long history of having to get rid of my things, which is part of why I didn't get any dolls until recently. Now I'm in a place where I don't have to suddenly sell or throw things out because someone else wants me to, I have the stability to keep my stuff, so I intend to keep my dolls at least for a very long time. :)

3. I could never sell any of my crew..no matter the circumstances.... I feel that they are parts of my spirit. I wrote stories a long time ago and my crew are the beings of my writings. I plan on continuing their stories at some point and even though their characters grow up and become older and in some cases wiser, I would like to have their previous bodies to be possible children , or other family members or friend possibilities. The beauty of this amazing hobby is our dolls are customizable. So to keep all of mine together has always been my plan.

4. Don't hate me, but I have sold a couple of dolls over the years, and am in the process of trying to sell one right now, but it is only because I am having financial trouble and need the money for medical bills.
      I do have my original crew of dolls which I have had for over 10 years, and will NEVER sell, no matter what. I would have to be homeless before I'd part with them. The dolls I've sold were more recent purchases, which I haven't become attached to yet.

#104 ParlourGoddess, Nov 5, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    5. It's really cool to me when people are attached to their dolls. I struggle with letting myself keep anything out of fear of them being stolen again or something like that. I've met and let so many dolls go, though I do believe the one(s) meant to stick around will come eventually.

6. A while back I decided to sell most of my dolls because they "weren't my taste anymore" completely forgetting how much fun I had with them. Luckily only the one I cared least about sold. I really just wanted the money to buy other dolls but didn't have any income so I didn't see another option to pay for them. Now that I'm out of college and have an income, I'm glad none of my beloved dolls sold and my new solution to my doll money problem is to make more money.

7. I would never sell my dolls and any dresses/wigs/accessories/furnitures. Maybe it's just myself, but I only buy things when I'm sure I will love it forever (even just from seeing pictures). I wound't get something that I might sell.

8. Would never sale my Rosen Lied dolls.
      But possibly my others for certain situations, yes.

9. I wont sell them.

If I don't like the way someone looks anymore, I can always change up the face and clothes. I am pretty settled with how they all look now, but if my taste was to change wildly I would just change their appearance and not sell them.

They can be sold by my family after I am dead and buried.

10. I keep telling myself that these dolls are an investment so that I can justify the cost, but realistically I’ll probably never sell them.

11. Never say never.
      But I have the worst fear of sellers remorse, that I have experienced with selling my pullips, even though I sold them out of neccesity.
      When I joined the bjd hobby I decided that I will never sell my dolls, no matter what, but who knows what the future holds.

12. When I first started collecting dolls, I frequently sold them and have bought new styles. Now I know what product I should buy so that I won't regret about them. For now, I buy carefully and like all of my dolls. I don't expect I will sell my dolls, but there are always exceptional situations, so I can't guarantee it. :?

13. I never go into any purchase with the intention of selling any bjd I bring home. I'm very character-focus driven with my collection, so every bjd I bring home I have intention of keeping in the long-term. But a very art-focused and driven hobby such as this is always bound to evolve—on both a community scale and a personal one. tastes do change, character visions can shift, and some ideas grow stagnant while new ones usurp them.

That being said—I have sold bodies or heads because they didn't fit the vision I had upon arrival, or gradually the vision for the OC just evolved and they no longer fit. It can be hard to be 100% certain a bjd is going to work out without seeing it in-person before purchase. I appreciate those times where I have been able to do so before hitting the buy button as it gives me more assurance that the doll will be sticking around more likely for the long-term.

Regarding my first doll: I know when she first arrived I had no intention of selling her, but as time passed the magic wore off. I eventually gave her to a then-friend who admired bjds but couldn't afford to get one herself.

Otherwise—I can only hope that I won't feel any desire to sell off any from my current crew. I'm rather attached to my OCs (and the preexisting characters I've got shelled), after all:kitty2

14. Of course, no one knows what will happen in the future, I don’t plan to sell my dolls or floating head collection. Years have been spent carefully selecting the dolls to bring home I certainly can’t imagine selling my first doll. I love that guy.

15. When I first got into the hobby, I have no idea what I wanted. I just saw cute dolls and bought one. A volks MDD. When I got her, her leg kept falling out. And no matter what the Frick I did, it wouldn't stop. I sold her and bought an AP. Her leg does the same thing. I still have her, but I can't really do much with her. Which upsets me.... but I've bought several other doll(and doll heads) after seeing resin dolls. I realized those can be hot glue sueded and craft wire be used internally for better posablility. I highly doubt I will EVER sell another doll though... selling my MDD bugged me because I put so much into her. I painted her brown, spent so much ob her wardrobe... it just irritated me because of her leg always fell out. But I love her so much... I regret it

16. Definitely not selling My Rion, Roderich and Wolf Bane. Rion is the one I pampered the most and Roderich and Wolf Bane is my grail.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. I don't think I'll ever sell mine unless I'm in like an emergency situation and need the money asap. I love my dolls and just seeing them makes me happy and if I get bored with one, changing the wig, eyes, and clothes is enough to refresh it!

18. I didn’t think this actually existed, but I recently got a doll you are prohibited to sell (PS Bisque from Volks). It’s on your contract when you buy it. Funny.
      If you do you will lose the membership of that company forever. Might not mean anything for some people…I don’t plan on selling this doll though, was pretty thought to get.

19. What the actual beep?! Never in a million years would I have believed such a thing could be true:o. Did you have to sign the contract or was it just stated somewhere?

20. You have to sign after hearing the explanation and agreeing. Also their serial number will be registered on the system with your name. Forever! Haha
      But I understand why they do this. Here the resellers are vicious and if they didn’t do such thing people like me would never be able to have one at all.