1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Scare Themselves With Their Dolls

Feb 19, 2017

1. The title is supposed to read "Scare".

With them looking so lifelike and being dark or just not aware of your surroundings have you been startles by your dolls?
      I have dress forms around the house and had one for years but sometimes coming in the door when it's dark it gives me a start thinking someone is there.

2. my dolls haven't been able to scare me with their life-like appearance, I guess their size just breaks the illusion? they have, however, caused me some near-heart attacks with randomly kicking up an arm or leg (due to the tension caused by being strung with elastics) when in the outer edges of my field of vision ^^;

3. well i recently got some new eyes for my boy and they have crystals smack dab in the middle of them and i still can't tell whether they creepy or not :aeyepop: (they are very pretty though:chibi) but sometimes they sparkle in the light out corner of my eye and spook me a bit :lol:

4. For some reason my girl keeps spooking me. She is just a floating head, but something about her eyes, they make me jump a little. Eh, I'll get used to it.

5. Well one time I got spooked because it was dark and I can't see at all without my glasses, so I wasn't able to tell if my doll was there and I thought it fell over my dresser. So not really the doll itself scaring me but still caused me to panic a little xD

6. I can't say any of my dolls have startled me yet, but I do admit they have made my heart pound with fright whenever they have toppled over while I'm taking photos. :shudder

7. The only time they have ever scared me is when their legs suddenly buckle and they try to dive head first off a table... I really don't like that... Luckily I'm always close by so the few times that has happened I've been there to catch them.

I can't say their appearance has ever made me jump though... I think if I had one of those ones that was closer to life size I would likely jump, but I only have an MSD and yoSD so they just look like dolls. They seem to scare a lot of people not in the hobby, but I don't really get it? They are too cute to be scary! <3

8. So far they haven't but can imagine when I finally display they properly they will for the first few days they are on display if I have them standing at anytime hahah xD

9. Before my girl got her own room I made her a bed on a shelf above my bed. I honestly felt like she was watching me when her face wasn't turned to the wall.
      Sometimes it was so bad I had to put her back in her box. :sweat

10. I am not scared at all but my girlfriend is :/ my new boy sits on the couch with us because he is to big for your shelfs. So when she is home alone she always put's a blanket over his head :/ she says he is creepy when he looks at her :/ .... and with my first doll she always wanted me to put it into her Box , cause she was afraid that they would wake up at night .... kind of weird right ???!!

11. Nope, after years of having them I'm no longer scared. First year I had them I guess it was off-setting because they were so lifelike but now they're just pretty pieces of art. They scare my brother's girlfriend though lol. :lol:

12. My boy isn't realistic enough to scare me luckily, but I know if I had a super realistic sculpt I'd be easily spooked.

13. I've never been scared by my dolls, but sometimes I do feel like they are watching me.

14. I've only been scared of my dolls twice and then again it was something they did rather than the doll itself! :lol:

The first time was when my JID, back when I had her, fell over in the night, causing a rather loud thump.
      The second was when I was cleaning under where I store my dolls (on top of some drawers which are around 120cm high) and my SD boy from my profile pic, without warning, fell onto my head! :doh Now I don't keep my dolls so close to the edge of the drawers and when I gave my JID to my friend, I gave her a stand for the doll. My SD boy also spends the majority of his time sitting aesthetically.

15. Sometimes I scare myself with what I will pay...or how much time I spend in the hobby. I can get a little lost in it some days.

16. Yes! I never realised how shiny a pair of eyes I had were until they were shimmering just barely in the dark one night. I was spooked.

17. My dolls haven't ever scared me since I don't have a fear of my dolls and I always know where I put them. They used to creep out my friend when she would spend the night.

18. Lmao

19. Yes they can be creepy of you leave them out at night lol

20. When I first got my Vampire boy, he made me jump. I had forgotten I had put glow in the dark eyes in him. Red glowing eyes on your way back from the bathroom in the dark... Not Cool!