1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia Dolls - Wait Times?

Jun 4, 2010

1. Hello,

I've been waiting about six weeks now for my Arcadia Dolls order. I ordered ONE dress.

I'm just curious about how long others have waited for their orders?

They say 3-8 weeks waiting time for your items, so I suppose this is to be expected, especially since they are handmade.

I can't find a feedback thread for Arcadia Dolls, so I suppose I will have to ask here...

Would anyone like to share their experiences?

2. I ordered a pair of trousers about mid September last year and I did not receive them til about mid December. Now, they did admit there would be a delay around November and they sent me postcards and bookmarks as little gifts, but still, it was a long time. I provided them with measurements, so I don't know if that made it take longer or not. And when I received the trousers, I am not sure they came in the right fabric .-. but I didn't think about it at the time because I was so excited to receive the trousers. Once they ship your order it arrives pretty quickly though.

3. When I ordered Isabel's regency in late 2008 it took @ 5weeks.
      When I ordered a hat on 12/31/09, it didn't arrive until 3/24/10. I'd also asked about sizing and that question was never answered, the hat just finally arrived. It doesn't fit who it was intended to wear it.

I like their work but I'm not sure I'll order again.

4. Is there really no feedback thread for this company? Knowing this would have been really helpful for me as well as anyone else ordering from them. I'm sure I will get my order eventually, but I didn't realize they had delays like that.

But, maybe I'm wrong and there already is one? I've searched the feedback thread several times and I can't find it.

5. Oh awesome, I so love finding this stuff out AFTER I've ordered. *headdesk* So pretty much, it'll take an age, it may or may not be right, communication is zero? That about sum it up?

***edited to add***
      I ordered about a month ago maybe? I'd need to check to be sure, but the confirmation mail had this in it:
      So I think that 5 weeks they quote on the site is a bit of an understatement.

6. Ah, actually the website does say 3-8 weeks. That was my mistake. My email confirmation also says 3-8 weeks.

I don't think anyone is necessarily criticizing them, there is just not much information about people's dealings with them as far as I know and I was curious how long others have waited, since I knew well it was going to take a while for me to get my order.

7. My regency confirmation said 4 weeks, they were over.
      Confirmation for the hat said 3-8 weeks, and I think over 8 weeks for a hat is too much.

The quality of their product is fine, still, but I fear they might be on the edge of overextending themselves. I hope they don't go the way of Mio and Enchanted Eyes.

8. Agreed...I just love their clothes and would hate to see that happen.

Well, hopefully Lulu and I will get our stuff without issue and I can tell about my experience with them afterward. For now, I will withhold judgement.

I'd like to make a feedback thread for AD, but I don't think I am allowed, since I cannot give feedback ATM. If a moderator, or someone else could make one and put a link here, I think it would be best for people to write about their experiences there.

Thanks

9. I've ordered a Twilight Garden Set from them and it took 8 weeks 2 days for them to ship out. No communication at all :(
      But the quality of the dress is really good. The fit is perfect for my Unoa.

10. There was a meltdown with Enchanted??? When? I thought it was Mystic having all the problems. ^^;;;

I had thought about ordering from Arcadia a few times but have found this thread very eye opening.

11. they say clearly as water in their site that their orders take until 8 weeks.
      I ordered one dress too, and at theend of the 8th week it was shipped, and reached me in less than a week.
      They have a lot of work... please, their only work is not only sewing.

You should read first to take in mind the conditions...
      I was aware of that, but i will nor deny that i had my doubts, because i'm so impatient x_x

I can assure you that you'll don't regret it x3
      *loves her arcadia outfit!*

12. I wait for my outfits since the end of February! In may the said "we are late" and now they do not answer to my mails.
      In may and now, they made special offers, I don't understand why they want more orders if they are late.

13. That's very odd, my experience with Arcadia dolls was really positive. Last year around the end of summer i ordered a yosd outfit from them (that cute pink dress w/ apron set). Their communication with me was really good the whole time- when I asked them how my order was doing they replied that they were a bit backlogged and it would take a little longer. We had several more emails back and forth, I believe I got my outfit somewhere in September. They even included a small bow that I had asked them to make for me, that wasn't part of the outfit set.

The quality of the dress was great and the fit on my littlefee was totally fine.

14. I bought a dress, five weeks from now. Never waited so long for a dress. It is a little bit frustrating, besides, if there is any problem, paypal only allows disputes until 45 days after buiyng. I guess 8 weeks is not very fair with buyers. Hope quality really worths the product.

15. The quality of their items is outstanding so I would say order. They just need to be more up front with the wait times and communicate better with the customers. I don't lurk their site everyday, so if they post something there, I'm unlikely to see it. How hard can it be to look at your sheet of outstanding orders and shoot out an email if you know you will be delayed?

I don't usually mind waiting, as long as I'm confident the stated time frame is actually what happens.

16. I'm not overly fond of long waits particularly not long waits with little communication and non-finite end periods. It makes me antsy. While the quality of their outfits look fantastic, the longer than advertised waits make me strongly reconsider ever ordering and I'm glad there is this thread to share this issue.

17. I have been waiting for 11 weeks for my order. (*heavy sigh*)

I wrote them last week asking about the status of my order, but I have not received a response yet.

Im usually pretty good about waiting, and understand if things get backed-up, but I don't appreciate being ignored. That's a big minus on the customer service scale, in my opinion.

18. For those of us still waiting, apparently the owner has a sales thread here, so if you can't get a response on the website, you could try the thread : here.

19. When I ordered from Arcadia (one Twilight Garden dress), they quoted 6-8 weeks and it took about 11 weeks to make. They are very popular so I think a long wait time is to be expected. O_o I never asked them for updates, though they did send me an unsolicited email a month in to let me know that they were backed up with orders. The dress I got is amazing quality and fits my girl perfectly! I'll definitely order from them again in the future. So not everybody's frustrated with them ;)

Frankly I've learned to take expected wait times with a grain of salt and to be extra patient when I order custom work. If I don't want to wait for it, I'll look for it secondhand (and frankly, with the limited amount of Arcadia stuff that appears on the marketplace, it would probably take longer to find your item secondhand than to order direct, delays and all!).

20. I got a response back from Arcadia Dolls, and I feel better now.

They were very polite and apologized that it was taking longer than expected. She said they are very busy right now, but that the order would ship soon.

I told them I don't mind waiting. I totally understand if things get backed-up because of workload, but keeping the customer informed is very important for a business. Now, that I have been updated, Im perfectly happy to wait.