1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Delf boys and girls necks really that different?

Sep 8, 2005

1. I think I've finally found my 'dream' doll. I love my minis to death but I've always known I wanted ONE large -resin- doll (i hear my DD and obitsu sharpening knives in the kitchen now...), but here's the problem:

Head: Shiwoo Dreaming Vampire head in white.
      Body: Luts Mature female body in white.

I know with other companies the male bodies have much thicker necks and sometimes modifications have to be made to move a head from doll to doll. What happens if the neck I -want- to put the head on is smaller than the neck it was originally made for? Has anyone else put a delf male head on a female body?

Also, another stupid question - since the shiwoo vamp head is only available by itself, and the female body is available by itself, how will i be sure that the resins will match? Should I specify if/when i order that they will be being put together? Can someone point me towards the person I would need to contact about something like this?

Sorry for the n00bish questions, I've only ever purchased my dolls secondhand before and this whole buying-directly-from-a-company thing is throwing me off. *_*

2. Well I can't answer the neck size question...yet...but I believe as long as you order the head and the body at the same time they should be from the same batch of resin, so the color match should be just fine.

You could always ask them to put the dreaming head on the body when they ship to you. I'm sure they'd have no problem doing that.

3. I've linked to some pictures of my female Chiwoo in this thread, if you'd like to see what a male head looks like on a CP girl body. As far as I know, Luts doesn't sell the mature body seperately, just the Soo body with smaller breasts. There's been a couple of dreaming Shiwoo females on the boards recently, I think. (Search is acting slow for me at the moment, else I'd find them for reference ^^;;)

4. Actually, I believe there *is* a dreaming Shiwoo girl hanging around somewhere on the board. She has a twin (brother?) Shiwoo as well! I am not sure what body she is on, but I do know there is a difference between Luts boy and girl necks. Perhaps an oldskin Volks SD White body would fit better? I have seen a Chiwoo girl on SD body (can't remember who sorry) Of course, you might not notice the neck difference at all-- I haven't seen one in person!

Sarah

EDIT: here she is!
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26788&highlight=shiwoo+girl
      She really is lovely (on SD13)
      :daisy

EDIT2:
      Lolly has an opened-eye elf head Shiwoo girl :)
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6532&highlight=shiwoo+girl
      She is on Luts girl