1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are dolls therapeutic?

Dec 23, 2016

1. Thank you for sharing this. I like the idea of dolls being a talisman to bolster us during stressful times.

2. Definitely, especially with how the world is right now. Being stuck inside is allowing me more time to spend with them, work on them, and look at them. It's been extremely therapeutic in these trying times!

3. This is brilliant, I’m just getting into trauma work, and using the little girls for re-parenting sounds like a good start.
      Except for my first doll they were all purchased to maintain my mental health. They will all go to therapy with me, and they are all set up near my main hangout area. However when I am distressed one or two will keep me company wherever I am. And crafting for them is a great mindfulness exercise.

4. Definitely. The more hysteria about coronavirus continues and grows, the more dolls give me a little peace of mind.

5. Most creative hobbies are healing. I find everything doll releated pretty calming. Restringing too. I am an impatient person, but I am totally patient, calm and happy when I do anything with my doll. Creating is fun, but I just like to goofin around with my only boy. The fun part is, that he is a smiling sculpt, and it looks like that he is always happy. He make me smile when I am down. He is my avatar.

6. My dolls became my therapy when I was able to immerse myself in them. I find I am very glum when I am not actively constructing, buying, searching, researching, comparing, creating a new doll. I've poured a massive amount of myself into my dolls and trying to give and nurture the personas they are and have. In the same vein, my dolls are a coping mechanism, a way of avoiding things that upset or bother me when I can't face them....