1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you satisfied? [Poll]

Feb 6, 2021

?
  1. Yes, they're all exactly how I envisioned them

15 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Yes overall, but some of them could use a few tweaks

89 vote(s)
    57.8%
  3. They're...okay. I tend to envy other people's styling talent, though

41 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. Meh. I don't hate them, but they're not what I hoped for

11 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. I suck at this, and wish there were such thing as a dolly stylist

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. No idea what you're talking about - Sharpie faceup, wrap dress, and voila! Gorgeous!

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Overall I'm pretty happy. I like my dolls and I find them enjoyable to look at :3nodding:
      However, I do think that most of my dolls are far from complete and far from what I want them to be. Half the cause of this is that I haven't worked on them as much as I need to get them to their final form but I'm in no hurry either. :lol:
      My first doll is very nearly completed. Just needs a bit of tailoring and a hair cut, both of which I'm equally intimidated by.
      One of my guys is also sorta in limbo in favor of the dolls that I already have a styling plan for LOL.
      I also have a doll in limbo due to me being scared to start the face-up =:sweat

2. When I got my first doll I also bought set of clothes which was the best idea honestly. The problem was I didn’t like the body that much so I quickly lost the enthusiasm with her. With my next dolls I had an idea but I wasn’t decided so I at some point did something which I liked but it didn’t click in the long term. So I got lost in limbo again. :doh I was just not sure what I wanted! (Hey, that’s me.)
      I sold my dolls and now have much better vision for the new dolls so I have my hopes. Only problem is I might make wig but everything else will need to be custom made. So it would take loooong time. I was just wondering I might never be satisfied . :lol: But I’d like to have my dream dolls!

3. With the ones that are done, yes, I'm satisfied. But I have more unfinished dolls than I have finished. Some are in temporary clothes while they wait for me to make or buy things that actually suit them, some are waiting for me to get around to making their wigs, others are waiting for me to make their eyes, and some are waiting for mods to be done. A couple might still be waiting for bodies or a body upgrade here and there. (Though the body upgrades are less about styling and more about posing. Anyway, I voted for the second option because with a few tweaks, I'll consider the unfinished dolls finished and I'll be satisfied!

4. I'm generally pretty happy with how my dolls are styled! Although all of them but my big boy, Morpheus, have small changes planned.

Dimitri - has a company faceup that I'm happy with. He's getting a second outfit and some wing accessories soon, so we'll see how those go over.

Luna - also has a company faceup, but needs an eyelash replacement (and a restringing but that's unrelated). I don't foresee a need to change her style in the near future, but I'd like to get her more clothes for variety, and also maybe change her eyes.

Morgan - I just completed her faceup recently (minus gloss and eyelashes which will be added soon), and I'm pretty happy with it! It's not perfect by any means, but for my second one ever I think it's good, and it makes me smile whenever I look at her. She doesn't have an outfit or wig of her own yet, so she's borrowing Luna's old fullset. Her clothes might have shipped today, actually, but I'm expecting a few different things so I can't be sure until the package arrives.

I don't think there'll ever really be a point where I'm absolutely, forever and ever done fiddling around with my crew's style, but I think that's one of the most fun parts of the hobby, personally!

5. Overall, my group averages out to just alright. I have a few that are finished (except for more clothes, they always need more clothes), and those I'm mostly happy with, but so many are blank. I'm determined to do their face-ups myself, but tend to procrastinate.:doh

6. I will always be content with my dolls, even if they need tweaking here and there. I think we sometimes aren't satisfied with our own dolls because we spend too much time looking at others.

7. Oh, I do hope not. I know that any doll I'm dissatisfied with, it's because I have a picture in my head that I haven't been able to translate to 3D yet. I don't spend much time on social media and I don't want anyone else's dolls - I just want mine to be perfect.

8. My dolls are in the they're...okay category. I have enough eyes, wigs and clothes to go round but I need more props and furniture for display purposes. I really admire the styling skills of other BJD owners especially those who have such clear ideas for their characters. My dolls don’t have a story and their characters are not yet fully fleshed out. I have found some inspiration from watching South Korean romantic dramas. The men’s clothing is so stylish and I like that there is so much beautiful knitwear worn by the actors. I’m trying to emulate some of that style in dressing my dolls.

9. The only problem I encounter when completing my bjd projects is the lack of talent and procrastination, of course. :sweat I know exactly what I want, but my hands are not so good at artistic work. It's always a little different than I want, which is frustrating. Otherwise I am satisfied. My dolls are closest to what I want, with regard to what models can be bought and with regard to my creative abilities. Now it is "okay", but I hope in my best. :)

10. I'm in kind of a strange place artistically with my collection where I'm happy enough for now, they make me happy to see, but I'm also perpetually tweaking them and trying to improve my own skills to make them better. I wouldn't say that I'm "dissatisfied" with the way they look, but there's always something else I want to change/work on/add as my tastes and circumstances change. I think of them almost as an extension of myself in some way, so I suppose it makes sense! People never stop growing and changing, so why should my collection?

11. Overall I'm very happy with my current collection, all of my three dolls look very much like the character I've originally envisioned for them. Once I've found the right wig and a pair of eyes for one of them, the rest doesn't seem to matter that much.
      I've noticed that I'm getting more nitpicky about my dolls when I spend more time on doll-related social media, in my case Instagram. Seeing all these creative people on there who sew their own clothes, make their own wigs, ... kinda makes me feel like I should spend more time customizing my dolls. But I don't have that much free time!
      So I've learned to cherish my dolls just the way they are, I occasionally buy them some new clothes and take a few photos. Everyone enjoys this hobby differently and I'm grateful for my small collection <3

12. I am not really satisfied with mine, but at this point I am just glad I have clothes that fit even if they aren't what I really like. Unfortunately the stuff I really like for them is extremely hard to get, if not impossible as the few people that make clothes for them haven't made anything in a long time, or are making things that do not appeal to me at all.
      As for the wigs, it is the same, the size of their heads are small so finding what I like is hard. I can find the right size, but the cut/color/style isn't what I want. There have been a few I jumped on when they popped up but they didn't look how I wanted on the doll when I got them.
      I try not to stress over it and just enjoy them regardless.

13. So, as I have mentioned in other parts round here (seriously - are you all sick of me yet? ;)), I'm pretty new to the hobby.

When I got my first doll (Iplehouse Mari with an Iplehouse outfit), I was completely in love. I'd never seen a more beautiful, perfect doll. I carried her around with me everywhere, tried photographing her, realized I'm a terrible photographer, and was generally completely satisfied with her.

Then I put a cream-white wig on her, and I saw a completely different personality/character that I think she would look so much better as. And now, I drool over everyone else's work as I scheme and practice doing my own crafting on cheaper, vinyl dolls.

So now I'm in the "they're okay" category. My taste in dolls has done a radical 180 from super realistic to "gimme all the horns, blue skin, and super skinny bodies." From "I wonder why don't more people buy full sets?" to "just the blank canvas, please."

So let's be real - I've met the enemy, and she is me.:XD:

14. XD I feel that so hard

I changed my vote from "yes overall" to "yes they're how I want them" because the first time I voted (and didn't comment) I was unhappy with my Migidoll Ryu, who no longer looked masculine enough in my group to pull off his character. Having owned the doll forever I wasn't willing to part with him, or even replace him until I was sure I had the right replacement...and I think right after I voted the first time I found and bought the head I wanted to upgrade the character (Dollshe Arsene), moved my Ryu to a girl body and made him someone else, and have just gotten what I think is going to be one of the very last heads in my collection.

So even though I do need a few more bodies and maybe a head replacement to round out the whole group, and I have A LOT of unfinished doll projects to keep me busy for the next...decade, I am very happy with my dolls. None of them bother me. I don't look at other people's dolls and wish I had them, I don't feel the need for more dolls, or go crazy over new releases (maybe the odd pet doll here and there, but I mean do they even count??). Even buried in unfinished dolls isn't bothering me, because I will eventually get them done. And they will be fantastic (to me anyway, and I'm the only one that matters.)

15. I'm really, really happy with my dolls. I like them all a LOT. I am at a point where I have most, if not all, of the sculpts I've always wanted, and I haven't been disappointed with any of them. I am also 100% happy with the character designs/style designs I've come up with for each doll. And they all look close enough to my design concepts for each of them that I'm happy with them and enjoy looking at them.

Of course I'm always trying to improve with my sewing and crafting, but my skills at this point are at a level where I don't feel dissatisfied with my dolls in the least! The one area where I'm a little discontent is photography. I like taking pics of my dolls, but I'm not that great at it, and it's a huge struggle for me to get a photo that even halfway captures how cool they look in person. I would love to improve in that regard.

16. I'm quite satisfied, but then I have only 1 doll and am constantly styling her, creating clothes for her or generally fussing with her. I'm not satisfied with her wig (I'm going for a more historic look) but have a wig on order. But I can see that if you have more than 1 or 2 dolls styling them all could be quite a project, time consuming and expensive. This is Eleanor (Dollmore Grace sculpt slim msd) in a sweater I just crochet for her.[​IMG]

17. I chuckled to myself at this topic, because on the one hand I ordered 2 full sets as my first dolls because I loved the styling, and the ability to have all the details right/better than I can do myself right away. On the other hand, the wig that came with one of the full sets was not cut/styled like in the promotional photos and it drove me KNUTS. I took the plunge and gave it the cut (/gradual tiny trims) just yesterday. I ended up trimming a little too much in one spot, but overall I think it's much improved and I'm so much happier with the whole doll now!

18. Overall I'm happy-- not because all of my dolls are finished the way I want them to be, but because I have a vision that I'm moving towards and I feel like I am progressing with my collection, and I'm getting better at deciding where I can craft vs what I need to buy, and saving towards getting the pieces that will really work with my vision instead of buying something because I can afford it, and then not being thrilled.

19. I’m satisfied with my dolls. I didn’t have a vision for any of them really. All my current dolls just sort of “happened” in one way or another so there was no issue with them not conforming to an image.
      If I buy a clothing item that doesn’t look as good as expected I save it for another doll or sell it, so that rarely bothers me much.
      The things I do get frustrated with are stray wig hairs, lint on clothing, lace or seams getting bent out of place, and offset eyes. I wish I had more patience for it, especially for photos. I’m always unsatisfied with my photos because I notice these imperfections after the photos are taken. I always tell myself I’ll style their wigs better but rarely do :doh

20. I appreciate all the work that goes into my dolls and the effort. I’m sure everyone owner had one or two things they’d like to change but it’s never too major.