1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Doll/ArgoDoll Tinies (Little Kio and Little Pri)

Jul 30, 2015

1. Seeing as how I missed out on the SD sized one, I'm really trying to talk myself out of getting one of the tinies as an Xmas present to myself (the pre-order is open until November).

And just as an FYI, I emailed the artist to ask if there would be another pre-order for the SD sized ones and she said no *sniff*.

2. Really? No more SD ones? I'm surprised by that! And disappointed. :(
      But yes, I saw the little ones when they were announced, and got a little Pri on order right away! In the deep blue again, of course. ;) I just love the look of it.

3. I don't know that she'll never do another SD sized doll, but I'd specifically asked about another run of Prias in SD size and she said there wouldn't be another run. Maybe if enough people got together to petition her to offer them again (and I'd soooo put my name on that list), she might consider it. That's just me talking out of my hat, but one can dream, right?

The smaller Pri is so very tempting. I love the deep blue transparent resin and the sculpt (regardless of size) is just so unique and amazing. I have a doll I want to order shortly but at the same time, I have a lot more saved up in doll funds than I need to purchase him so maybe that's a sign I should go for the smaller one. (I am so talking myself into buying Pri, aren't I?)

4. Darn, well I was hoping for another run of the big Prias and Kios. :( Makes me REALLY glad I got Kios when I did!

Just dropping by to say my Little Pri arrived yesterday! :dance He's an even brighter and more vibrant blue than my Moana!
      He needs a name...
      And he's entirely too cute, and makes me want another!

[​IMG]Moana and ?, Argonautica Kios, and Little Pri by aernath, on Flickr

5. I'm really tempted to get either Little Pri or Little Kios in the thistle skin. I was torn between thistle and the blue transparent for my Kios, and ended up going for the blue, but I still really like the thistle. (I like the "subsurface scattering effect" more than the transparent resin, but I like the blue color more than the pink).

6. I fell in love with these dolls from the moment I saw them. I went back and forth between the sculpts and colors....white, purple, green. Ultimately I couldn't choose just one so I ordered a whole handful of them...

The smaller purple and green ended up being a bit brighter than than larger counterparts, but I don't mind that much. I would love to eventually see them in a solid blue as well as salamander orange.

7. [MENTION=60630]tuneful87[/MENTION] - Ooo! Orange would be a good color!
      Can you share photos of your handful? I would love to see owner photos of the other colors! All I have is the blue. It's my favorite color, so I didn't really have any deciding to do. But I do love seeing others! They are all nice colors.

8. I'd love to see more owner pics, too. tuneful87, did you get all the same body type (and what type did you get)? Should I finish convincing myself that I need to get the Little Kio, I'd be getting him in the transparent blue.

9. Oh, I feel the exact same way! I'm sitting at the order screen and I just can't decide!

After a refund from another doll purchase I have enough for two, but... I'm going to japan for 4-5 months on exchange next year and for the amount of a doll I could buy a shinkansen (bullet train) ticket to some place nice, ugyah....

10. Save up enough money, and then you can buy one and take it with you on the train trip! ;)

11. aernath: Seeing how you've already gotten your little version, would you be able to tell me what size of eyes are possible in the head? I know the Argonautica site says 6mm for eye size but do you think 8mm would fit as well? I'm looking at a pair of diachromatic (no whites) eyes by Dreaming Tree Studio (I love her eyes) and there's a sweet pair of 8mm that I think would be awesome that she has ready made on her Etsy store.

I've talked myself into buying a Little Kio for my b'day as my gift to me. Granted, I didn't have to try very hard to talk myself into this....

12. Oooo, Happy Birthday when it happens! ^_^ Great present choice!
      Sorry, I forgot about this until now. It's dark. I'm inside. = crummy photos.
      Little Pri came with black beads for eyes, but I got a pair of 6mm and 8mm eyes scrounged up (donated by other members of my crew), and a couple quick pictures.
      The 8mm leave no white to be seen. Even the 6mm are a little large. I may have a look around for 4 or 5mm eyes.
      But anyway, since you're looking at no white eyes, the size of the pupil will be your determining factor.
      Anyway... pic!

6mm on OUR left, 8mm on our right.
      And they're actually both blue eyes. Hard to tell in the 8mm. Almost all pupil...
      [​IMG]Eye sizes, Argonautica Dolls Little Pri by aernath, on Flickr

13. Awesome! thanks for the pics. it helps a lot. Funny enough, I have a pair of 4mm AND 6mm from DT. The 4mm are diachromatic although not the colourplay I want while the 6mm are normal eyes with whites. I may need to email Amanda and ask her what the pupil size is on the 8mm and figure out from there if they'd work. I do have some 8mm from DT, but they have slit pupils so that doesn't help me judge pupil size *smiles*.

My b'day is on Saturday and while I could technically order him right now, I want to actually order him on my birthday because I'm funny that way. Makes him more of a birthday doll in my head even though my b'day will be long past by the time he actually arrives on my doorstep.

14. Cool! I hope you don't have to wait too long, and we get to see lots of pictures! ^_^

15. Nacre has been ordered and now the wait begins *sighs*. Hopefully it won't be too long *crosses fingers*. I debated long and hard about which body to go with (unisex or male) and eventually decided on the male body. Thus the sausage-fest continues in my house *laughs*.

16. BAhahahahahaha! Well, we have that same sausage fest going on over here as well, so it's all good! ^_^

I think my wait was three months? I'm not sure though. It's only important until the doll arrives. ;)

17. Hmmm, 3 months isn't terrible compared to some wait times. I'm sure it'll seem like forever though. If that is indeed the case, then b'day doll could end up arriving around Xmas time, which isn't horrible. Sooner would be awesomer of course, but such is the dolly buying/owing thing.

And there is very much a suausage-fest happening in my house. Not a single girl doll in sight and zero plans/desire to bring one home. I think the only way a girl doll would end up in my house was if the original body had been female and was modded to male. Girl dolls just aren't my thing.

18. Wow, got a shipping notice today for my litle Kio! And I only put my order in on Septembr 4th! And here I was expecting a much longer wait time...

So excited~!