1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Contest Asleep Eidolon Character Design Competition

Nov 13, 2020

1. Asleep Eidolon 14th Anniversary Character Design Competition
      [​IMG]

It illuminates everything you can see. Shadows and colors come from the pen. It’s light, it’s darkness, it’s chaos, it’s calm, it’s absolute. The fairy wakes only because of you. You write the psalms. For the 14th anniversary of the Asleep Eidolon, create your own fairy with the theme of “Fairy Poems” !

Participation Time:

Participation period: 11.01,2020-12.14,2020
      Selection period: 12.15,2020-12.18,2020
      Results released : December 18,2020

Theme of the competition:
      Fairy Poems

Awards:

First prize, $755, plus a full set of dolls if the doll will be materialized.

Second Prize, Any Naked Doll * 1.

In third place, you will be rewarded with a doll of your choice.

Best Popularity Award*3,"likes" is in the top three, any basic doll head * 1.

See more click me>>
      https://www.aedoll.com/post/character-design-competition

DESIGN DESCRIPTION:

1. Please design Asleep Eidolon content for the theme of BJD image. The main image of the design needs to be the fairy, creative should accord with Asleep Eidolon brand positioning and theme direction.

2. Must be in the official template for the creation, the artistic expression is not limited, the content is not limited, the fairy sex is not limited, the posture is not limited, the proportion is not limited, contestants are free to draw, the proportion please according to the Asleep Eidolon existing nuke body to create.

3. At least provide front, back design, the entry does not meet the requirements can not be selected;

4. No illegal, spoof, plagiarism, excessive illegibility and other works that do not meet the requirements for participation in the competition.

Notes:

1. Submission method

Email submission with the subject line participant’s Weibo ID or twitter ID, attached source file and JPG preview, to email address [email protected]

If you post it on twitter@AEDOLL or@Asleepeidolon with the hashtag # AEDOLL14th, it’s considered a success. If the same content is published on both platforms as the same submission, the maximum number of likes is obtained.

2. Participants are required to retain a 300DPI resolution for print production of BITMAP source files or vector files.

3. Good entries will have the opportunity to be materialized and released. If AEDOLL decides to materialize, AEDOLL will consult with the designer to produce and sell according to the production difficulty.

4. Works must be complete and comply with the relevant laws and regulations of the state requirements, completely original, no plagiarism, no prior use, and the copyright has not been transferred to others

. (if the work contains non-original part of the material element, the designer must have the copyright permission for the use of the material.) If a copyright dispute occurs in the course of the competition or commercial application, the legal liability shall be borne by the participant himself. The copyright of the participant’s contribution is jointly owned by the organizer and the participant. The organizers may use the entries for publicity purposes.

5. During the competition period, participants are not allowed to transfer or authorize their works to any third party.

6. Before submitting your entries, please ensure that you are aware of and willing to abide by the rules of the competition. AEDOLL has the right to disqualify any entries that violate the rules.

7. The competition is open to all and there is no limit to the number of entries for a single account. Different awards can be won repeatedly.

Selection notes:

The top three award winners are judged by AEDOLL development team. From the depth of design, visual effects, work completion, theme fit, and AEDOLL cultural fit, such as multi-dimensional comprehensive evaluation.

The “Best Popularity

Award” is awarded to the top three likes of a contributor’s entries on Weibo or twitter. Malicious acts such as “likes” and “likes” are strictly prohibited. If found and confirmed, the organiser has the right to unilaterally cancel the competition.

Official template:

[​IMG]

PSD:
      AECharacterDesignCompetitiontemplate.psd

#1 nikimm, Nov 13, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    2. Hello!
      I have read the "see more" link and am interested in the competition.

Can you please clarify whether it is required that the submission be digital artwork? Or is traditional artwork (pen, pencil) placed into the proper template acceptable?

Also, what is meant by effect drawing? Can this be any pose?

Thank you so much for your time!
      Maxa

3. I have the same question as msxxxamillion. I prefer to draw on paper, and I don't have a printer. I'm not sure I can enter if I cannot print the sheet.

4. I was curious by what was expected for the "backstory" section myself.

5. What size should the doll be? :) Is this also judged by ones art skills? ;v;

#5 Ris66, Nov 13, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    6. What are ideas for design?

Is it like a pinterest board? Could You please show an example?

Story should be selfcreated, yes?

7. Do contest entrants (and possible winners) retain the rights to the character designs they submit?

8. The entry rules say 'Email submission with the subject line participant’s Weibo ID or twitter ID'. Does this mean you have to have one of those to be able to participate? I don't have a Weibo nor a Twitter. :/

9. I'm also curious about the "ideas for design" section.

10. Some Further Questions:

1. I would also like to know if copyright is retained by the contestant?

2. Is the contest winner determined by number of "likes" on twitter or by a judging committee?

3. Will a sample be provided to further explain the template sections?

I look forward to learning more regarding the contest. Thank you!

11. I am having trouble downloading your template. It appears to be in low resolution. It states in the requirements:
      2. Participants are required to retain a 300DPI resolution for print production of BITMAP source files or vector files.
      Is there another template you can upload?

12. This is a sample.
      [​IMG]

The artistic expression is not limited,but contestants must use the official template.

There is a PSD attachment below.

#12 nikimm, Nov 16, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2020
    13. The PSD link doesn't appear to work.

14. The link doesn't work for me either, I get 404 not found when I click it.

15. #15 nikimm, Nov 17, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020
    16. @nikimm I was able to download the psd file. Thank you~

17. Yes, that one appears to work!! Thanks ^^

18. For ideas for design, what do you mean?

19. This text is machine translated,sorry.T T