1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon Limited Mermaid Discussion (6th anniversary)

Sep 21, 2011

1. Someone up there is trying to throw a monkey wrench in my doll plans! -shakes fist- :lol:

I adore mermaids, and these are so tempting if they are 1/3 size. Looks like Ula and Cordelia are on slightly different bodies than Lorelei and Crystal, too . . . maybe the 58cm or mini body vs the 60cm? But what a shame that there will be only 20 mermen and 80 mermaids. I wonder if AE thinks that mermen will be unpopular compared to mermaids? If so I think they may be in for a surprise. xD

Though I really wonder if the tails are colored resin, or if the tail is just painted. I can imagine paint would chip quite fast.

2. AE in particular has always been rather friendly with all of their sizes (I really don't know how to word that, but they don't seem to particularly favor any size), so I think the two slightly different bodies are a different scale.

Either way, I love AE's style, so I may snap one of these girls up, any size, I love Ula's and Lorelei's face. Thank you Jesus for MoC's lengthy layaways!

3. They are so beautiful! I really like Crystal and Cordelia but there is no way I'll be able to get them. Maybe one day I'll be able to snatch their heads on the secondhand market...

4. the worst thing about limited dolls is that they are limited T_T. So beautiful tho - as are most of AE's dolls. any news of a EU dealer?

5. Well, Mint on Card is starting to list them and geez they are expensive!! Cute, but I'm not paying over $1000 for an Asleep Eidolon, even with a mermaid tail!

6. oh the mermaid price hurts >_< I've wanted two of them.. glad I still have time to think.

7. I do understand that they come with human parts, fantasy parts, and are fullsets, so it really isn't a bad price! But since I am not really interested in the heads or fancy painting I will probably pass. They are just beautiful though, I think those are the best done (non-tiny) mermaid tails I have seen yet. :D

8. Wow, the mermaids are extremely pricey. I am not sure what is in the full-set, but either way, I'm going to be passing on them. I still may get one of the human dolls, though.

9. I'm enticed to get a human one either way, but it entirely depends on how long they stay in stock. I want another AE girl, so maybe.

10. Oh man. Lorelei is amazing. Must...resist... *grabby hands*

11. Gorgeous! Love mermaids, and I especially adore Cordelia. Out of my price range, though. Can't wait to see owner pics! :)

12. I misread the whole '20 Worldwide' thing, and thought that it meant, 20 in each country or something.

I mean, I think we're all agreeing that Sachiel is amazing!! I'm so sad that I don't have a chance of getting him now.

13. Just had to join as I just found out about this. I LOVE mermaids but none of the mermaids I had seen up until now really caught my interest. Their tails were always so awkward but these! Wow, these look incredible. Seems AE's site has exceeded its traffic limit so I can't see all of them but the 3 MOC has up are just too gorgeous. I'm partial to boys so Sachiel is definitely calling my name. But OUCH! the price! Not sure if that is going to be in my budget. Maybe if I sold some of my other boys off....

I can't wait to see more pictures though. Of the rest of the mermaids and what the harps look like.

Question to those who have used MOC's layaway before. What is the longest you can do layaway?

14. Well, according to the Layaway Policy listed on MOC's website, you can do as long as 6 months:

I just noticed Lindsey Kay's post in the original News Thread for these dolls - she's the rep for Mint on Card - and it looks like each fullset mermaid comes with TWO of everything except the human head & body - am I reading this right? TWO mermaid tails?

15. Ahh. Thank you. I wasn't reading that right.

Two Fins seems like. So I'm guessing that just means the transparent parts.

16. They're lovely. I'm drawn to Crystal's face.
      why in SD though T_T

17. Hmmm- I think you're right now that I look at it again. But why TWO of all that stuff? Any ideas? It seems odd to me to have two of all that stuff, but only ONE actual tail?

18. $1050 for the mermaids. Ow.

Lorelei still missing?

19. Just checked the MoC site again - and Lorelei is up now! Can't wait until they post "more information" on all these lovelies!

20. I know. Seems a little odd to me, too. I came up with two theories: the parts are very fragile and they hope to provide replacements before you actually need them or different colors/resin transparencies. On the ears I think they're different; one set down, the other up. My hope is different colors. I'm a little dissapointes the boys tail seems black. I don't hate it but I would have loved green or at least green accents instead.