1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon Limited Mermaid Discussion (6th anniversary)

Sep 21, 2011

1. Gaaah despite the price I am still seriously considering one! >.< I really wish I knew if the tail was colored resinor if it was all paint. Kinda important information, y'know? :XD: Colored resin would be a huge plus, but if it is just made of normal resin, I'm imagining how quickly the paint would chip and what a royal pain it would be to get redone.

As for why you get two of the tail fin, ears, shell bra, etc, I would guess it is for variety. I haven't looked that carefully but I know I've seen more than one type of shell bra!

2. hm.. now, one of the official shops on taobao has 3 possible mermaid packages listed. With basic one (one of every fin, etc.) being about $500...

3. Wow, Sachiel is such a beauty! I don&#8217;t recall any 60cm immature male sculpt
      taking my breath away like that since I saw SoulDoll Paris! Too bad he&#8217;s so freaking
      out of my allowed hobby-budget (all crazy-hobbies combined!). He&#8217;s gorgeous&#8230;
      I look forward to stalking the lucky owners of this rare beauty. T____T;;

Is his tail black or purplish?

- Enzyme

4. WHY ARE BJD's so expensive? They're all so super gorgeous and tempt you to throw all your money away QAQ. I really want one...or two XD
      but that's definitely not happening on my budget.
      Krystal and Sachiel ....so pretty.

5. their faces are always beautiful, hopefully better quality of resin and body design one day

6. Below are the Q&As directly translate from a chinese forum post by a chinese AE dealer:

1.Can the human body on mermaid body or mermaid head on human body?
      A: AE not allow only buy the mermaid head or mermaid body, of course you can if you buy the Fullset.(fullset include human legs and human waist)

2.Can the skin color be choosen?
      A:All mermaid are default skin color is normal skin(they said a bit light compare with AE normal skin)

3.Can the mermaid body stand as human?
      A:Of course not.

4.Can the male mermaid head on female mermaid body or vise versa?
      A:Cannot, because their neck circumference are different.

5.Can mermaid on water like official picture?
      A:Can, but can't stay long time. Remember to take care your doll

6.The Fish tail is color resin or color paint?
      A:Only the Pink fish tail(Cordelia)is pink color resin with pearl color paint, the rest are all in white resin with color paint.

7.If buy other mermaid, can choose pink fish tail or not?
      A:Can, must add $500(RMB)for change color, if choose pink color,AE will use pink color resin with paint;if choose other color AE will use white resin with color paint.

8.Is the male fish tail translucent resin?
      A:Male fish tail actually is translucent resin mix with blue, but resin's color too deep, so its ok.

9.Except color, what's the different between male fish tail and female fish tail?
      A:fish body are the same,but hip fins and tail fins are difference.

10.Can only buy mermaid head or body?
      A:Cannot, but can together buy with friend.

11.Mermaid will be sell again later or not?
      A.AE is comfirmed that they will be sell mermaid again later,but it will be come with differrent new head(so actually only the five head are limited edition)

Sorry for my poor English.I just try to let you all understand.:doh
      Will be update later....

7. I think #11 is my favorite question and answer. There's still hope to nab a mermaid when I have some disposable cash.

I'm kind of surprised that Lorelai's tail is painted and not colored resin. That pink is so intense.

8. Lavie Thank you so much! This answers a lot of my questions! :chocoberry

Hmm, now I know they will come out with other mermaids later I don't have to rush. AND I could wait for a head that I like better. Right now I like Sachiel because he's the only male but Lorelei is so gorgeous and exactly how I see female mermaids. Decisions, decisions.

9. That´s good news that mermaids will realease later! I still hope that i´ll be able to get Sachiel... but over a 1000 Dollars is a bit much for me right now. :(

10. #11 makes me so happy! I really hope they release a standard mermaid, or do them as an order period instead. I would love one of these girls so badly.

11. The colored resin fact is interesting: I had liked Cordelia's tail best by a long shot but didn't quite know why.

Also grateful that the body will live on.

12. Hmmm - apart from #11 - I'm pretty interested in Questions #s 6, 7, & 8. It would seem that the male & female mermaid bodies are the same except for the add-on fins, yes? And it sounds like the male's mermaid tail is a semi-translucent blue resin - which is my favorite of the choices.

Hmmmm - I wonder if it's possible to get one of the females with the boy-color tail? The answer to #7 says that you can pay a little extra and switch to the pink resin colored tail - Maybe they'd let us do the same for the blue colored tail?

Thanks so much for posting those Questions & Answers Lavie!

13. I just hope that the next time the sell mermaids they aren't LE... :( So beautiful! I wish I had money to buy them all! oh well...

14. Just by the nature of the body, I am pretty sure any rerelease will be LE.

15. yeah... I guess so... but that is pretty sad... because it means they will always be at that price range... oh well...

16. Thank you so much for posting that, Lavie! :)

Hmm, these just got a whole lot less tempting ~ I was really hoping for a colored resin tail, but why did it have to be pink? I love pink, but why not a more traditionally unisex or mermaid-ish color like blue, purple, or green? ;_;

White doesn't sound so bad really, but getting all that paint off would be huge pain, especially considering that you are paying for the paint. >.< Unless the body I have already ordered doesn't work out, I think I will wait until the next time AE releases mermaids and hope for different colored resin tails.

They are lovely though ~ if I wanted a sweet girl mermaid I would be allll over Cordelia. :D

17. So only the heads are limited edition. That's okay. I want the tail. :)

18. News from the chinese dealer:

For Q6, if choose pink mermaid (Cordelia), only white skin or normal skin(whole body) can be choose, so actually her tail are NOT pink color resin with pearl color paint. If choose pink color body faceup, AE will change fish tail to normal pink resin with paint.(I really don't understand what's that means)

P/s:The chinese dealer said that AE always change their official info by time, so the above Q&As are only for refer purpose.(I will try my best to share his info to you:D)

All fins part are sure for using translucent resin that you can see:
      http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/a50f4bfbfbedab64af7e309ff736afc379311e64.jpg
      http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/4afbfbedab64034fd5c1bf59afc379310a551d64.jpg
      http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/9a504fc2d5628535dafdaf7e90ef76c6a7ef634b.jpg

19. I may be alone in this but I *adore* Lorelei's face and don't really care about the mermaid part ^^ I'd love to get her as a normal human, in the longest possible layaway tho. I'll think about it. One thing I don't understand though, it says just nude doll for the human only version. Does that mean it won't have the faceup, I wonder? Cuz I love that faceup!

20. Wow just saw prices...ummm I could get 2 very lovely dolls for that lol. Still beautiful though ^_^