1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon Limited Mermaid Discussion (6th anniversary)

Sep 21, 2011

1. @Lavie: The photos you posted seem to be broken or blocked.

2. I think they are immensely beautiful. Really love Lorelei and Crystal. I just wanted one doll but its getting harder. They are expensive and the limited editions run out so fast wish there were more made.

3. I absolutely love the guy's eyes. So squinty and gorgeous! But his face is a bit too childish for my liking. Will wait for the next round!

4. Is there any release date up yet?

5. I'm so in love with Lorelei! Once Mint on Card releases them I need to buy the mermaid version. I've been waiting forever for a company to release a SD Mermaid with a tail and if I don't jump on it now I will regret not buying her...even though they said they will release more, I just can't wait! :D

6. I was looking at them and love the faces and tails and overall design concept, but ouch - the price. For that money I can buy 1 planetdoll mermaid and 2 tiny ones. I don't understand why the price is so high, especially for the limited human versions - an extra $140 to get a limited head (I'm assuming the face-up is included in the cost of the limited)? It just seems to high. The set looks lovely with all the extras, but I'd rather dye a mermaid tail and add glittery paint for the same effect.

7. They're now up for sale on Mint on Card! I just ordered a Crystal mermaid :aheartbea

8. I want Cordelia or Lorelai, but it's kind of bad timing for me.

Actually, I guess it's always bad timing. Not everybody has a grand they can drop suddenly after all. :lol:

9. Just ordered Lorelei!! Got the dark blue tail instead of pink and went with a 6 month layaway! So excited! Did anyone start a waiting room thread yet?

10. I think we're just replying to the standard Asleep Eidolon thread, unless you want to start a mermaid specific one? I'm fine with either XD

11. I bit the bullet and ordered my Sachiel, normal skin, with the dark blue tail. I was debating on the orange/gold but decided I liked him best with the dark. Was also considering ordering him in white skin but in the end decided to keep him in normal skin. I also had to do the 6 month layaway. ^_^ It was either that or CC but I figured since it will be a long while anyway before we see them it was okay to do layaway.

Any guesses when they'll ship? The order won't ship until the November 30 order does so I'm guessing next year maybe.

Yanagi, that sounds like a wonderful choice! I hadn't thought about it but I think that dark color suits her darker, more mature look.

12. Congrats to those of you who are buying these aquatic beauties! I was thinking about doing a 6-month layaway for Crystal but decided against it. I absolutely adore mermaids but I've got three incoming dolls and just can't afford any new additions right now! I am hoping that they are popular and the company rereleases them sometime so maybe then I can add one to my collection.

Be patient during your wait everyone and be sure to post lots of pics when they arrive!

13. Ok that's fine! No need to really create a new thread for them! XD Congrats on ordering your Crystal! :D

Congrads on ordering your Sachiel!! The dark blue is really beautiful! I loved Lorelei but at first the hot pink tail put me off but when i found out that you can get the other colors I needed the dark blue! Would've loved if they had a purple but the dark blue was the closest to what I looking for :)

14. Oh AE has stolen my heart on far to many of their dolls. I am looking for the Crystal Human head if anyone who ordered a Mermaid does not want it! She would fit in so well with my Doll Family.

15. Oh, the agony! I was planning on ordering a Lorelei mermaid on a 6 month layaway - but it looks like I won't have the money for a down payment until she's already sold out. I'm assuming she'll be sold out by the end of the day today - but who knows... Such a gorgeous doll!

16. Thanks! I just hope I can sell off some of my other dolls so I can afford to pay for him. ^_^ And I would have loved a dark green color for the tails. I'm glad there wasn't because it would have been a hard choice for me to make.

My downpayment came out to $179 and maybe some cents.

17. Hi! I also ordered Lorelei with dark blue but in WS! I think the more realistic colors seem more popular. If they had a slivery grey I would have gone for that instead. Now i'm wondering if i should have gotten her in NS instead lol. I have two layaways with MOC now. I hope I can sell off some other dolls soon.

EDIT: I changed her to aqua a few minutes after the order since i think i might reblush her to be a silvery color. We'll see lol. I'm unsure of my skills on fantasy partsl

18. Just ordered my Lorelei in WS with the Light Pink mermaid parts - on the full 6 month layaway. Soooooo excited! Thanks for the layaway tip ShadowMist!

It was really hard to decide between the light pink & the dark blue - but I agree with some of you - if they had a more silvery gray or green color - that would have been my top pic.

19. Ooh, I bet she'll look beautiful in the aqua, too. I'm almost glad they were so expensive because I would have wanted a Lorelei as well and would have been torn as to what color to get her in.

No problem. I just didn't want you to miss out on her if you really, really wanted her. I know if I had enough money I probably would have tried to snatch her up, too. Hmm, looks like Lorelei is the most popular. I wonder how many of each have been snatched up?