1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon Limited Mermaid Discussion (6th anniversary)

Sep 21, 2011

1. I just found out about them. And I have to say: NOOOO!;_;
      I ever wanted a SD Merman and know there is such a suuuper beautiful one and 1st I can't effort him. Saving up for so much would last a year or two and 2nd he is LImited!

2. I knew I should'nt check the News forum. It's always bad news for me there. :doh

There were already a few AE dolls I liked but these mermaids are just... fabulous. :o

Way too expensive for me, though. Even with layaway. If I become rich tomorrow, I'll choose Ula. Lorelei is also beautiful. I can't wait to see owner pictures !

3. So far the only mermaid who is unloved is Ula. Personally I think she sufferes from bad photos and a wig/faceup that doesn't do her any favors. On the AE site, Cordelia is already sold out. If i could afford it I would get a default Sachiel and Crystal with a small bust body in addition to Lorelei. For now I'm so relieved they will release more in the future because I can't have one lonely mermaid and Lorelei is the only sculpt I'm truly in love with.

4. When I saw Lorelei the other day my heart broke a little. I can't afford her right now, but she's so beautiful!! Whyyyyyyy!!!!

5. My favorite is Ula ! But I'm poor. :...(

6. I like Ula too! Especially her name XD It's so cute! But...I just don't like mermaids O_o I would consider getting her human, but I don't like human dolls either XD I guess it seems like I'm just barking up the wrong tree here--but I'm actually hoping to see if they release more fantasy dolls, or elves or something. It'd be sad to think these sculpts will only ever make an appearance during this limited event!

7. I would've liked to get Crystal with the small bust, but I didn't think to ask about it when I ordered.

Ula is gorgeous ;_; especially with the heavier make-up!

8. I'm really interested in Lorelei but need to get one thing straight.

MOC and AE's website give conflicting accounts of the resin colour of the tails. AE's official site says the mermaid parts are cast in white or normal skin and painted. MOC says that the tails and parts are cast in the actual colour you select, and further painted with vibrant colour as pictured. What exactly does that mean? From the photos on the AE site it seems the mermaid parts are white (see especially a photo of the orange harp, where you can see the white underside) but MOC's blurb is confusing me.

Has anyone else figured this out, or asked MOC?

9. I think they are painted, but I am not sure.
      Do you guys think the price is high?
      It seems high to me.
      Wonder if they will be cheaper later??

10. They probably wont be cheaper later since they are limited editions and future releases will most likely be limited as well. They are indeed pricier than most LE I have encountered but AE dolls are in general in the higher price range to start with. I know that another company offers an similar sized LE doll with just an extra arm set at $650 without blushing/faceup so in comparison getting an separate lower body plus body blushing plus faceup is actually within reason.

Take off 50 for the faceup and 150 for the body blushing (blushing the tail seems like a lot of hard work.) and the blank doll with extra tail parts come to about 850. Now a normal blank doll is 385 from AE so the tail parts, shell bras, ears and harps come to about 465 which makes sense to me since thats a lot of resin. The price of the tail is also affected by the number of pieces it comes in since the smaller and more numerous the pieces the harder it is to cast.

There is a lot of complaint about pricing of dolls in general (not just these mermaids) but considering the work that goes into these dolls I think it's fair. AE does have good quality control as far as I can tell so I am hoping that the seams on these guys will be minimal.

The one thing I do disagree with is the crazy price for the LE human version at $575. Thats 190 dollars more than their normal female 1/3 dolls. If you want the head sculpt, you're better off getting the mermaid even though she has mermaid ears.

11. Oh, I would absolutely LOVE just the human head of Lorelei... she's too beautiful! ._. Really is a bummer that it's not available separately T_T

12. I think this thread should include the dealers we can order AE from :

USA dealer: http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/ (MOC)

Europe dealer: Currently CDA are not hosting orders for AE .

Hong Kong dealer: http://aedoll.blogspot.com/

I am posting those because I am one of those who live in a country that MOC doesn't ship to it and I was very sad for that fact. I was happy when Lindsey directed me to the HK dealer, where I ordered my dolls from on *15th August* & I already got them *25th September*.

I hope this help those who like the AE molds but can't order from MOC :)

13. Ordered the adorable Cordielia with the dark pink tail. My heart was stolen by her.

and I don't think the price is high at all. A lot comes with them, including the human parts. I think SOOM charges more than this. lolll, I'm so excited!!!!

14. yea soom does but Anchi and i know im soomed but they also offer more options but then again they have been lacking but AE i feel in love with Lorelie And i had to have her i Got her in Aqua Blue and i have alot of things to add to her once she comes home. im adding to her makeup and giving her skin a blue tint or something along those lines :)

15. I will sit out for a 1/4 size baby pink girl *fingers cross*

16. I'm so in trouble here! I want to take part in Soom's FCS event but I also want one of these girls! I can't decide between Cordelia with a light pink tail, Cordelia with a teal tail, Crystal with a teal tail or Crystal with an orange tail. It's just so hard to choose only one!

17. I hope there will be 1/4 little mermaids soon ! :(
      I am not a fan of all the 1/3 .. though they always get the prettiest molds !

18. I know how you feel! I had trouble deciding between Cordelia and Crystal myself, but I thought Crystal would fit in my collection a little better. I would love to see either with a teal tail though!

And according to what AE said, they'd be releasing new ones based on how well these sell. All but Cordelia is in stock on the Chinese site, and all of them are in stock on MOC. So they're not selling very quickly (and with such a high price tag I'm not surprised in the slightest!)

I really do hope they release more mermaids in the future. I might be tempted to get another!

19. Love the male mermen and love love the head mold on the fish body. Have to keep telling myself no money no money no money LOL

20. I can't decide between Crystal and Lorelei, and I can only get 1! ;_; I'm pretty sure I want aqua, but hubby is saying he likes the dark blue better. Bah! *tears hair out*