1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Asleep Eidolon Limited Mermaid Discussion (6th anniversary)

Sep 21, 2011

1. I love that your hubby is supportive. My bf would have a fit if he heard. lol...I got lorelei in aqua but i was thinking of getting her in dark blue.....

2. Oh he's grumpy about the price, but I was like "when am I gonna find a more perfect one?" and "they're limited to 20 each on the international market!", and he caved. I asked him what he thought of the heads and he likes Crystal's face, but not her lips (the dark mark in the corners). He likes Lorelei's lips but not her whole face... lol, he's so funny!

I am lucky that he's supportive of my hobby. He might grouse, but I still get to bring home new dollies. :)

3. Is it just me, or are the "extras" for the dark blue and dark pink cast in tinted clear resin? I think they are! Look at Lorelei's and Sachiel's pictures. O.o I think it's also backed up by the glitter only being available for the light pink, golden orange, and aqua resins!

I wish they would have made this available for the aqua color... I love transparent/clear resin!

4. Yah for sure the darkblue parts are clear resin. I think this was mentioned by the MoC dealer. I'm not sure about the pink but the dealer also said that the us market and the Asian market get different compositions. Meaning in Asia you can request that the extra parts be white resin where as for the US, the parts are tinted resin without the white resin option.

5. The price isn't completely unreasonable,,but certainly more than I'm willing to pay at the moment. Satchel in pink would be adorable though, and it is oh so tempting for me :(

6. For those who don't live in North America - Asleep Eidolon's HK dealer has updated her English blog with options and prices for ordering. I think she made a mistake though - set C should be $5900HKD, according to her Chinese blog. She's also very slow in replying - she still hasn't replied to my email about ordering a Lorelei. =/

7. Considering what one could end up slapping down for a Soom doll with blushing, fantasy parts, seam sanding and extra goodies... yeah, it's more than I figured, but on layaway? Totes doable. And AE really does a nice job of eliminating their seamlines too.

I have a Yara from their first western preorder and she's ever so charming. I've gotten the impression AE cares about their customers too.

I'm thinking Cordelia on aqua, no glitter. She'd be ready about on my birthday.

8. Just found this thread. My grandmother agreed to get me a human-version Sachiel for my combined Xmas/Birthday (my birthday is in early January....) I'm really grateful, and every now and then, I just think of how cute he'll be and go "squee!"

9. I weakened and ordered a Crystal in orange :-) This is my first time ordering an AE doll, I assume they come without eyes and wig?

10. Congrats! I'm excited to see owner pics. Does anyone have theirs yet?

11. somedolly, non-limited AE dolls don't come with wigs, but they're supposed to come with eyes (though my Kina actually arrived without any???) MoC has on their listings that the human editions of the mermaid dolls do come with eyes, but I don't know about the fullset.

12. Thank you for your help! I guess I'll wait and see :-)

13. Just put down my deposit for a six-month layaway on a Sachiel with aqua parts. I was VERY tempted to get him in pale pink, but thought I'd probably end up regretting it. :sweat Anyways, is anyone close to paying theirs off? I know most people went for a layaway just because they're so expensive...Honestly though, they're pricey, but considering everything they come with, the price seems somewhat reasonable.

I do wish Sachiel came with something extra to make up for not getting the shell parts, though. Also, has anyone else noticed that one of each of the other items are all different for him? Like, one of the sets of ears, hip fins, and tail fins are kind of...spiky and 'sharky'-looking, I guess. They're all right, but I'd rather have the ones the girls are getting. Oh well. Still thrilled and super excited, since this will be my first full 60cm doll, despite having been in the hobby since 2007!

14. I have two more payments left on mine. I had put a lot more down on my November payment so I reduced the rest of my payment but I am hoping to get her paid off asap! It looks like for the ones ordered back in beginning will be shipping out soon with the rest of that ordering period according to MoC so that means they *should* be arriving to MoC in Jan! I hope this is right! :D

15. I actually ordered mine in September before they put their november order in. I only have two payments left so I'm really hoping to see her soon or to hear back that she's in.

16. I've been eyeing Lorelei ever since I saw the news page about their release. It's probably gonna kill all my spending money, but if I can manage to get a job this month, then I'll order her. Wish me luck :)

17. yep! Lorelei is beautiful! Good luck getting her. You are getting the human version?

18. Nope, full set mermaid hopefully :) Love that dark blue tail!

19. Lol...Awesome. I ordered her in WS with the aqua tail. I was really waffling on the dark blue but went with aqua instead because it would be easier to make her a silvery color and to blend it into her human parts on lighter resin than on the darker blue. Yeah...big project lol. We'll see how it turns out and when I can start on it. Probably in a month or two anyway so by the time I get her I will have time. I also did order the human head with her because I like her sculpt so much.