1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Atelier Momoni Service Review

Feb 6, 2020

1. * What did you order?
      An Atelier Momoni Pitusa Somni

* When did you order?
      12 August 2019

* How was the communication?
      Not optimal tbh

Lola posted on social media in late July that she wanted to make a Pitusa pre-order to close the year and "by doing this the dolls will arrive before December!". So I ordered and didn't think too much about it.

On 21th October she mentioned in a comment on a post that wasn't related to the pre-order: "the waiting time is always 120 working days so they will arrive - to me - in December". Ok, so not before December, but in December. Fair enough.

The 120 working days are also mentioned on her website, but due to her posting that she expected to receive the dolls first before December, and now in December I figured it would be in early December. But after a few days I started counting. And I could not get things to add up. Because 120 working days (monday-friday) from the 20th August would not be until late January. I asked people if working days counted saturdays as well in that part of the world, but even counting saturdays didn't add up (it would be early january). Only if counting all weekdays would the dolls arrive in december.

I presented this to Lola in late october, because I figured she might have counted wrong or something, and either way would maybe want to update her estimates on SoMe. The answer I got was that she hadn't counted but had just said an approximate date to get people off her back. Again, somewhat understandable, but I told her I had counted and it didn't add up with what she had posted.

But she didn't change her estimates in later posts, she just stopped posting about the pre-order entirely.

In December (around the 10th I think) someone - again - asked when she would ship out the august pre-order in a comment and only got the answer "They haven't been shipped to me yet". Although I told her in October that her numbers weren't adding up. She didn't post anything about the pre-order again until 2nd January, where she mentions that she expects to receive the dolls on January 7th.

On January 7th she receives the dolls, notices that some are in the wrong color, but posts nothing about what to expect if your doll has arrived in the wrong color.

On January 10th she posts that she'll start sending the week after and that emails had been sent out to everyone whose doll came in the wrong color.

On January 14th she posts that she is a bit delayed with packing. Then nothing more is posted about the pre-order.

On January 23rd I write to ask if my order shipped yet, because I still had not received a shipping notice. She answers that all orders have shipped, but that she hadn't received all tracking numbers yet. She promises to check with the postal service. I get a shipping notice the next day. I finally received the doll two days ago on the 3rd of February.........

People have been unsatisfied with her communication. I have been unsatisfied with her communication. I get that she is alone and it's a lot of work, but then she needs to get someone to help her manage the Social Media or something.

I might still get other dolls from her, but I'll not be paying much attention to what is posted on social media, because it might not be helpful at all.

Just something for future customers to be aware of.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy. I paid in full.

* How long did it take to ship?
      5 months

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      There weren't any hiccups with my ordet

* Would you order from this company again?
      I probably will, because I really like how posable the bodies are. I was not impressed with the communication though.

2. * What did you order?
      Steel Somni, Cocoa Mini Reira, Lush Mini Reira, Toffee Mini Rei, Toffee Momonita, Toffee Somni and Steel KittyM

* When did you order?
      Toffee Somni and Steel KittyM were a preorder from July 2020
      Toffee Momonita was a preorder from December 2020
      Steel Somni, Cocoa Mini Reira, Lush Mini Reira and Toffee Mini Rei were all in stock and ordered in September 2021

Communication was great. I didn't need to contact her for my first preorder at all. For the in stock dolls I emailed asking if she had certain sculpts available and she emailed back about a week later with a list of what she had with face ups. I agreed to buy two from that list and asked about two other sculpts and she had both so I bought one of each of those as well.
      I got an email with tracking for my Toffee Momonita and she emailed a day later saying that tracking number wasn't right, that it was in fact for my in stock doll order and that my Toffee Momonita had been sent to Rakeru Sensei.

Very easy. For the preorders I paid in full and for the in stock dolls I asked for a total and she gave me an option of how I wanted to pay. I opted for friends and family to save money. Normally I would never pay friends and family but I felt comfortable paying her this way.

For the July preorder it took about 6ish months, the December preorder about 9ish months, and the in stock dolls shipped within two weeks of paying.

No

The only issue I had was my address. When I ordered my Toffee Momonita I used my friends address (I have it in paypal because I have moved a few times and I used to live around the corner from her so it was easier to have things shipped to her since I was in an apartment and she lives in a house and works from home) I used her address because I was going to be moving but wasn't sure when I was moving and if the doll would be ready before or after I moved.
      When I ordered the in stock dolls I paid f&f so she didn't have an address from paypal for that order so I had to email her my new address because my last order had my friends address on it. The package arrived just fine but the customs forms had a combination of my new address and my friends address which concerned me. I did email her to let her know but I haven't gotten a response back (I really wasn't expecting one in any case) I am relieved the package arrived and I think it did only because she had my address written on the box accurately, it was just the customs form and sticker that had my friends street address with my current city, state and zip code.
      Overall I don't think it is a big deal because the package did arrive just fine, and I think if I didn't have the Momonita preorder going out at the same time the addresses wouldn't have gotten mixed together.

Most definitely!

3. I am adding my preorder feedback here rather than updating my previous feedback to preserve the time stamp.

* What did you order?
      Preordered a toffee Momonita with Rakeru Sensei face up

* When did you order?
      December 2020

I got an email with tracking for my Toffee Momonita when I placed an order for 4 in stock dolls in September and she emailed a day later saying that tracking number wasn't for the Momonita, it was for the in stock dolls and that my Momonita had been sent to the "spa"

Very easy.

I got notification from Rakeru that she was sending my face plate back to Lola the week of Thanksgiving. At this point I have not received the doll and I emailed Lola and she sent me a tracking number saying it shipped a few weeks ago. The tracking number shows delivered In September because it was the tracking that was added to my order in error when I ordered the in stock dolls.

Yes, the whole doll is missing at this point. UPDATE I was given a tracking number and Lola remembered the error and apologized :)

Right now I am awaiting a response back from the artist.
      I took screen shots of her email telling me the tracking was not for the preorder, a screenshot of the tracking showing it was delivered in September for the in stock dolls, and a screen shot of the actual order confirmation itself.
      I am hoping that the doll is still there with her but maybe she didn't know which order it went to if they all say shipped, or that she has a tracking number for this preorder that she didn't update the order with.
      She said she emailed the tracking and it probably went to spam, but clearly that tracking was from a while ago and none of her emails go to my spam. I get a few spam emails a day to that email account so I would have seen one in there from her if it went there anyway.
      UPDATE, I have a tracking number and will update once I have the doll.

Probably

#3 jenlovesdolls, Dec 16, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    4. * What did you order?
      An in-stock Somni in mochi!

* When did you order?

March 29, 2023

The doll took longer to ship than it should have, so I sent an email through the contact form. Lola wrote back the day after to explain the delay, apologise, and say my doll would be sent within the week!
      There was never a shipping notif, though. She just showed up on my doorstep six days later. :D

Paid through paypal, so easy.

A couple of weeks.

Nope! Everything was packed very safely and carefully.

There was a slight delay as mentioned above (the site said shipping in 2-3 days, and it took over a week because they ran out of boxes). I was given reassurance right away, so no complaints here!

In a heartbeat. ♥

5. * What did you order?
      An in stock Somni in java

* When did you order?

July 24, 2023

Terrible. Some of the worst communication I've had in 10 years of the hobby. I had to contact her several times to get any update at all, and almost a month passed between one of the emails. She wasn't available anywhere and I kept getting emails bounced back. No shipping notification, no nothing. I eventually was able to get a hold of her through an email and she took very long to respond between each email. Never took the initiative to contact me on her own with any updates despite needing them.

Easy, used PayPal

A few weeks for an in stock doll.

My entire doll was missing because I got someone else's order, and they got mine.

The entire order was a problem. I tried contacting her to see when my order would ship because I was moving and wanted to confirm my address. I contacted her several times asking for updates, and when I finally got a reply she told me the faceup was damaged and she would refund me the entire cost of the doll. This was shocking and hurt, as there was no need for it and I was excited about the doll. I told her she didn't need to do that and I'd wait, or she can refund me the faceup cost and send her blank. No communication again, and then I needed to contact her yet again to ask for an update. She told me she finally shipped the doll on September 4th, didn't give me tracking and then I had to contact her two more times but never got an update.

The doll arrived randomly, addressed to both me and an Australian address. I opened the box to find two dolls of someone else's order and immediately opened a PayPal claim. The rest of our communication happened through PayPal.

This claim went on and on and during it, she tried to accuse me of trying to keep the doll and the money, which was never an issue and is something I would never do. She never fully read most of what I wrote to her when I tried to explain things, we went in circles and she wanted the doll back from the OTHER person before I got my refund. I found this unfair because the mistake was her fault, and I shouldn't have to rely on some stranger (who may or may not exist) to ship my doll back on goodwill before I get my money. I finally got her to agree to just refund me the money once I shipped my half to the rightful owner, and once again took several attempts to contact her to get her to respond and finally refund me.

In the end, I got a "sorry for the trouble!" and my money back. This whole thing has left such a bad taste in my mouth and I'm shocked at the unprofessionalism and the extreme lack of communication.

Absolutely not. I spent a lot of money on clothing for this girl and was very excited to receive her, but this was a bad and irritating experience. She isn't professional in the slightest and the communication was terrible at best. This and a few other recent events have unfortunately put me off from buying from small artists in general and my issue with Momoni doesn't seem to be a one off situation. Momoni claimed to need a break from social media, but she still needs to answer emails for paying customers. I would not buy from her again.

#5 Littlebirdzoom, Sep 28, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    6. What did you order?
      In stock Somni and Mini Rei

When did you order?
      April 25, 2023

How was the communication?
      There was no communication at all. I sent emails asking about my order considering they were instock and technically couldve been shipped within two weeks after my payment was done. I waited 3 months with no answer, no shipping notification, nothing.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      It never did

Where there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Never got the order

If there were any problems, how did the company handle them?
      I was pretty much ignored until I filed a complaint through paypal, she never once reached out to me even after I sent an email asking about the order nor did she reach out to me after the paypal complaint. She just refunded me and left it at that.

Would you order from this company again?
      Most likely not, I adore the sculpts but I will probably check the second hand market for them. I dont like the uncertainty when spending alot of money on something and not knowing when or if it will reach me..