1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

B&G (Boy & Girl) Discussion

Mar 22, 2007

1. Quite good actually! While I haven't really had the chance to make a new outfit for him, one of my friend recently suggested to me to redo his faceup and I've accepted the offer. I gave her full freedom on what to do, so I'll adapt his look once he'll come back.

2. I'm sorry I don't have a clue on heads I nabbed mine off eBay. I got my a Sunny over the weekend, apparently she wanted my DZ body cos she looked much better with it and it was a better resin match. Then I couldn't get her eyes to look anything but angry so finally today after restringing, sueding, and swapping her eyes out, I'm ready to present, Evie.

[​IMG]

3. oh she is gorgeous AlmySidaKay :D But then I am extremely biased with the Sunny/Sandra sculpt LOL - And I bring GOOD NEWS today! I just noticed that Alices Collections are now dealing for B&G too :dance http://www.acbjd.com/boy-girl-c-372.html Alices are a great dealer - so far used them for clothing and an Angel of Dream doll. If you email them Uenna they may be able to sell you a head, I have no idea if this is possible - I know they sell the AoD heads separately even though they're not listed as such, if you contact them.

4. Thanks, elve! They still haven't replied to my email so I may have to go the AoD route. Plans for Sapphira have been put on the backburner for any anyway. :sweat

5. I was wondering if anyone has ever done business with Boy and Girl bjd the company? I have no idea what to search and I cannot seem to find a thread for it.

6. I don't know them, but their sculps look lovely :) I'm sure there will be someone who knows more about them though

7. I have not. I've only ever bought my B&Gs from renaissancefashion, who I do not recommend as I think they just sorta stopped, and possibly ran off with people's money?? Plus they don't exist anymore. They were a great dealer when I was buying mine though, so it kind of makes me sad.

Back in the day, B&G was not the most reliable of companies, I think several of their dealers dropped them because of it -- also sad, I do love their dolls. And the Type 2 boy body is one of my favorites.

This was all years ago, things have maybe changed since then - after all, they come up with new stuff all the time, if they were doing bad business I don't see how they could afford to stick around. Plus someone just started dealing them again (Alice's collections I think), so they must be better.

8. My Sapphira finally got his new faceup! Now I need to style his wig better and start a wardrobe looking, but that's a good start!

[​IMG]
      New Faceup par DarksStars, sur Flickr

[​IMG]
      New Faceup par DarksStars, sur Flickr

9. He's so cute!!! He looks amazing. Omg I miss Wyn...Mine has been headless for months! I need to get him finished!

10. Hmmm... I'm looking at Sky again after 2 years of wanting him... Anyone with Sky pics want to try to convince me that I should get him ;D

11. I swear I took photos of Evie between now and Feburary I just ... didn't share her much because she went through several outfit style changes, a body change, and then change back and several wig and eye style combinations too. I finally found a style I think really suits her the best now.

[​IMG]

12. I've restyled my B&G Sandra again, with a dollzone wig and eyes, and given her eyelashes too - wow what a difference! :fangirl:

[​IMG]

13. I wouldn't mind some Sky love either. I have a floating head that's been with me since er 08 or 09. He resists all attempts to sell him, so guess he's staying. Bought him with a heavy goth faceup & it's still here too, but would love some (any) inspiration as I want to give him a serious revamp.

For anyone with a hybrid (boy esp.), what body do you like best?

14. Lol honestly? B&G. I have two Delf heads on the type 2 boy body.
      I'm not a fan of the type 3 but thats just me.

I also like Doll Chateau or Fdoll for boys. AOD would be ok if you like super buff and kinda short guys, but I was not a fan of mine and sold it. Volks SD10 might be ok, and they're not too bad on the MP usually. Also Delf if you can get one. It really depends on what type of body you want for him. What resin tone is he?

15. I had never heard of this company before today, they certainly have beautiful dolls! I love all of the owner pics too, so much beauty!

16. He's WS, so quite a bit mellow yellowed by now.

I was initially leaning towards a B&G body instead of another company, but wasn't sure of finding one second hand. Doll Chateau could work. I have one of their minis and that body <3 Fiddly, but worth it. But AOD is definitely out - wouldn't mind the height so much, but not a fan of super buff particularly.

17. It makes me really happy to stumble across this thread again.
      I still have Sera, my B&G I got back in 2008 and still love her to this day. She's definitly yellowed... which I didn't even notice till I had her next to a brand new white skinned doll. The made me go "Whoa... difference!" But it's amazing how evenly, from what I can tell, she's yellowed.
      I love how she poses. I've got doubles, but her single jointed body still manages to end up in some really natural positions. She was my first, and I don't think she'll ever be leaving my dollie family. Especially now that my grail doll and her have become such good friends!
      If it's okay, I'm going to share a pic I posted elsewhere.... I've since gotten a better camera, but haven't taken them out yet again for more pics. The girls need more shirts!

[​IMG]

They make me smile so much!

18. I agree with you MinekaC. about the single joint body - I think it's really preferable to dj bodies I have! Sera is so cute :aheartbea I feel the same way about my B&G Sandra too (Erica) - although my taste in dolls has changed since I got her right at the start (ebay find a couple of years ago) I can't see me ever parting with her :aheartbea Gave her another restyle today, as we were both tired of frilly skirts LOL - I've had these 'dungaree' type things from Alices Collections for ages now, with no doll in mind to wear them - same with the top (part of a set - the skirt is on another doll) I really like them on her! Not sure about the eyes though....

[​IMG]

19. oooh I've just discovered B&G boy Rin :D I've been looking ages for a friendly-looking, 1/3 boy sculpt, which actually looks more like a boy than a girl, and I think he's the one - he's even got little teeth! :XD: Has anyone got any owner-pics of him? (long-shot as a web trawl has turned up only 2 owners!)

20. Sorry for the double post - bit hard to avoid on this thread LOL :XD: I contacted Alices Collections, who deal for B&G, and they say it's possible to just order a head, using their $1 order page. Cost of a blank head is $99 - so I think I will be ordering a Rin head ASAP - I had a look at the boy body and I can't say I like it much, especially not for that price. Plus it may just be a camera lens trick, but does his head look overlarge on that body? http://www.acbjd.com/rin-p-6922.html?cPath=372_375

ETA: still trawling the net for photos of this boy - I'm wondering if Natalia is the same sculpt though? http://www.acbjd.com/natalia-p-6932.html?cPath=372_375