1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

B & G Doll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. B & G Doll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. I'm the first to comment on B&G. Well, here goes:

What did you order?
      Sapphira with female body, normal skin and default face-up

When did you order?

January 7th, 2009.

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      I ordered from Jack (Renaissancefashion) off Ebay, who is an authorised seller of B&G dolls.

How was the communication?

Communication was excellent. I emailed Jack several times before hand with questions in regards to the doll, for example if I could have a female body instead of the male one. He managed to reply to all emails within 24 hours, sometimes even less.

How easy was it to pay?

Via Paypal, a few clicks and it was finalised.

How long did it take to ship?

Well, I ordered my doll in the middle of Chinese New Year, which put a slight delay on her being shipped. However, Jack mentioned this in his Ebay store so customers were aware of sthe slight delay. So, my girl was sent on the 22nd, which is only 15 days after I ordered her.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Yes. The quality on the resin is spectaular and because there was a special offer she came with a full outfit too. The body is very posable and she has not troubles standing for long periods of time. Extremely photogentic (however, my photography skills let her down :sweat). The face-up is stunning and I can safefully say that she was brilliant value for money.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

I think she looked even better! The pictures do really don't her justice. But in answer to the original question, yes she does. Her defaul face-up is the same as the sales picture, so no disapointments there.

Were you satisfied with the product?

I was extremely pleased with the doll. She was my first so I was a little wary and excited at the same time. She is exacily what I expected and more so! The customer service was out of this world because Jack took the the time to reply to emails and sort out an issues that I had. In my eyes, especially from working in retail, customer service is key. Bag that and you bag the customers. It really is that simple...

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

N/A

Would you order from this company again?

Yes, I would order from Jack without a second thought.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

I can't really answer this because it would all depend on the condition of the doll and how the owner treated him/her.

Well, that's my feedback. I'm a very satisfied customer and if I had the money, I would not hesitate to purchase more B&G dolls. Also, just a quick mention that Jack marked the doll down as gift and sent her via parcelforce, which is trackable. Thus, avoiding huge custom fees. Hope this helps people if they are on the fence about ordering B&G dolls. You wont regret it if you do.

Thank you, Jack :)

3. * What did you order?
      Freya 2 NS

* When did you order?
      January 27, 2009

Jack (rennaissancefashion), an authorized eBay dealer

excellent. his always responds within 24 hours or less

very simple, paypal did all the work.

I ordered during Chinese New Year, so it took a little while to ship. No more than 15 days from the time my payment cleared. And once he shipped, I had my doll within a matter of days. very fast!

Absolutely! I have an old B&G Freya (old face mold and old body type) and the quality of the resin is better, then body looks better and poses better. she is definitely worth the price.

I ordered my doll without a faceup, but yes, she looked like the picture.

I was a little disappointed in the face, but that is just a matter of personal preference and nothing the company did wrong. I got myself so excited over the new Freya that I think I let myself down when I saw the new mold. Also, my doll arrived with a broken hand.

Well, there's not really anything Jack can do about the personal preference of how I like the face, but as for the hand, he has already sent off a replacement hand. How prompt!!! :)

I am a second-time buyer and I would buy from B&G again (and I likely will to upgrade my old Freya's WS body and to buy an Eleanor head to replace the new Freya2 I bought)

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      absolutely. B&G are quality dolls, so if I saw one on the marketplace, I would definitely considering buying one.

4. * What did you order?
      B&G Lyall
      * When did you order?
      April 16th
      I ordered from renaissancefashion, the Ebay B&G dealer.
      Good. Jack was very friendly! However, about a week after I ordered, I sent him a message to check up on the order. He didn't reply; I don't know if he did not see the message or if he ignored it. Just a heads-up. ^^
      Very easy.
      It took two weeks and a few days to be sent; he came from China to my house in America in three days.
      Yes!
      Absolutely.
      Very much so.
      --
      Yes.
      Definitely.

5. * What did you order?
      A B&G Morant with face-up, official wig, and free outfit.
      * When did you order?
      I placed my order on May 20th, made the final payment on June 19th.
      Dealer, Jack from Ebay (Rennaissancefashion)
      It was slow at times, but I don't think he went longer than maybe 72 hours to respond, he replied promptly and professionally.

Very easy! He let me pay in installments, which was fantastic.
      Ummm, from the date of the final payment, he shipped in... Originally he shipped the 9th of July, but he hit Chinese customs and got bounced back. He was shipped again and arrived a few days later. All in all, he arrived in 32 days after final payment (the face-up I asked for was kinda special, similar to the photos), and he came with an extra pair of eyes.
      Oh, yes, most definitely! He is gorgeous! He is a bit tightly strung, but I can fix that myself.
      Yes, in fact, he looked a bit better! He didn't have the feathering around the eyes that I wanted and I was kind of disappointed with that, as I thought I was getting that, but I can add that on myself.
      Heck yeah!!! Free wig, official wig, free outfit, two pairs of eyes, AND the doll for just over $400?? That's AWESOME! And, to boot, he looks fantastic!
      The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the amount of time it took for the face-up to be done. They said it would take about a week, and it took much longer than that, but I understand that Jack couldn't do anything about how long the artist took. Jack simply assured me that he was being worked on.
      I already plan to! ^^
      *gasp* Do they do that?! Definitely!

I would like to say this about buying from Jack, he totally put up with my insane number of questions (what size of wig does he wear? What size of eyes? How much would the face-up be? Is it possible to get the wig from the picture? What comes with the outfit? What is the neck measurement? Can I request the eye-color?), and answered every one of them, and was so awesome with letting me pay in installments, as my grandma said flat-out, she would NOT get it if she had to pay all of it at once (I was praying so hard at that point that he would let us do it). He was very understanding with the problems we were having with Paypal and my grandma's new debit cards, which did not work, at all, and let me pay using mine.

Two thumbs way-way up for B&G!

6. * What did you order?
      An Sharon head NS with Face up from Hector
      * When did you order?
      I bought over Layla here on DoA
      Well, the company itself never answered me. Only Layla did...
      Very, with paypal.
      Over a month.
      Yes! B&G is incredible good!
      Yes they do!
      Helo? I love him already ^^
      Yeah! It was my second time already.
      I prefer buying from company directly

7. * What did you order? Normal skinned 1/6th doll Celia girl with face-up
      * When did you order? July 5th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered through Jack(rennaisancefashion on eBay)
      * How was the communication? The communication was pretty bad. I've ordered from Jack in the past, and his communication was wonderful, but this time around, for whatever reason, he was really slow answering emails and mostly had no information to share when he finally did respond
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, I just had to wait for the invoice (because I wanted the face-up), then it was a few clicks in PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? The payment cleared July 8th and it was sent July 28, then arrived August 2nd.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality of the B&G dolls is so great for the price you pay, a gorgeous doll with a gorgeous face-up.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The face-up was a bit different, but as always, it's made clear that there can be some differences (anyway, I like her even more than the pictures ^_^)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very
      * Would you order from this company again? I now have three B&G dolls, two bought through Jack...I think the next B&G I order, I might try Denver Dolls, because of communications issues.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I'm not sure...the awesome thing about B&G is that they are so affordable that if I were going to buy one, it might as well be a new one heh..

8. * What did you order? Lyall from B & G
      * When did you order? - September 10, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? - I ordered through Mr. Jack off Ebay. (though I wanted to order from the official site...)
      * How was the communication? - Wonderful! Mr. Jack was very nice. I kept forgetting to mention certain things, so he'd ask about them. He's even nice to idiots! X3
      * How easy was it to pay? - Couldn't have been easier, thanks to Paypal. If you want any face-up, though, you pay directly to him through the Paypal site. I'm paranoid about stuff like that, but I had nothing to worry about! ^^
      * How long did it take to ship? - Lets see... I ordered him the 10th, Mr. Jack was away for a couple days (which he explained on his page) and Lyall came October 10.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Definitely. Casimir (as I promptly named him) came in perfect condition. He also came with a nice bathrobe, and a free outfit! I couldn't be more pleased.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? - Within reason. Eyes and Wigs can drastically change an appearance, but Casimir looks perfect.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? - Yes, very much.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? - Not applicable
      * Would you order from this company again? - Yes. The next BJD I purchase will probably be from B & G as well.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? - Perhaps. It depends on their current state.

9. * What did you order?
      Normal skin Afra with face-up
      * When did you order?
      September 19th
      Ordered through Jack on ebay
      The communication was great, he clarified things very well for me.
      Very easy, although it was the first time I had to pay through paypal for something seprate from an order.
      From order date to receiving, 44 days.
      Most certainly! He came packaged very well, and in perfect condition, not to mention he came with a very nice free outfit.
      The overall sculpt looks very much like the pictures, but of course everything changes with different eyes and wig.
      Very satisfied
      N/A
      Without a second thought.
      If it was in good condition, for sure.

10. What did you order?
      Rin with girl body, standard face-up, random eyes and random wig.

When did you order?
      October 1, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      I ordered Rin from a dealer, Denver Doll Emporium

How was the communication?
      Terrific. In addition to the doll order, I had an email question about face-ups and placed a second, smaller order for a wig and shoes. DDE provide a tracking number for both orders. They responded quickly and were friendly and knowledgable.

How easy was it to pay?
      Sure was. DDE has different layaway options. I spent a lot of time looking at various doll sites and searching for my first dollie. I chose DDE because of the layaway plan. I also liked the idea of random eyes. I did not have a specific character in mind and wanted to see what I got and then get to know the doll. I chose B&G because I thought Rin would be a good entry-level doll. And I chose Rin because I liked his face scupt.

How long did it take to ship?
      I received Rin 6 weeks later, to the day.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Rin is my first bjd, so I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I would say the quality is equivalent to the price.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Sure did.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      In the end, yes. As I mentioned, I ordered a girl body, DDE requested a girl body, but B&G sent a boy body. I was disappointed for about 2 seconds. The random eyes are a beautiful golden-brown color and I looked into his eyes and fell in love. I notified DDE in case this was someone's Rin but hoped he would get to be mine.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      DDE got back to me Friday morning (I had received my Rin Thursday evening). They were willing to order a girl body and let me keep the boy body until the girl body arrived, I could make the swap and return the boy body. I chose to keep Rin as is.

Would you order from this company again?
      While waiting, I placed a second order for shoes, wig and book, which arrived superfast. I would definitely order from DDE again.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would, particularly if the doll were a limited edition that I missed.

11. B&G doll feedback

* When did you order?
      mid-December 2008
      Ebay auction from Jack.
      Pretty good. There was a few days of lag time until he wrote to say he was waiting for me to pay for a face-up if I wanted one. I didn't so told him to proceed.
      Doesn't Ebay make is oh-so-easy to pay? :)
      About 3 weeks. I received early January--not bad for holiday season.
      Very much. Great price, and included a wig and outfit. I was hoping for shoes as well, but that was prob overly optimistic....
      No, but listing stated that actual item would be different.
      Very much. Resin on this doll was PERFECTLY finished.
      N/A
      Yes
      If item were well-cared for and was something I was looking for, sure.​