1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Positive about Yellowing

May 5, 2020

1. Yelowing is part of the game. It depicts that a doll has lived a long life. It gives them character. In terms of banana yellow. There's ways and methods presented here that can be applied for a more lemon creme appeal.
      I don't fear it. And in my opinion I have met a few rather old peeps, they just look slightly warmer than others. I can't tell all that much...

2. I’ve had two of my dolls for 7 years now and I’m not sure how much they have yellowed because I have nothing to compare them to. To me they are just as beautiful as when I first received them :) the thought of yellowing doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

3. I'm not too worried about yellowing in my dolls (I mostly keep them in cases so they don't get dirty or yellowed, and when I start displaying them, they will be OUT of direct sunlight), so unless it gets bad, I'm fine.

Apparently, when yellowing is really bad, and you can't stand it anymore, you can take the doll apart and soak all the pieces in a solution of hydrogen peroxide (the strength you can get at the drugstore is fine) under UV lights or direct sun. The combination of UV and peroxide actually pulls the yellowing right out, without removing pigments like that nice faceup. DGRequiem has tested it on several plastics with great success, and since resin is a plastic, it shouldn't do any harm.

4. I used to mind yellowing very much, but after owning most of my dolls for >10 years, I started to accept it as a natural effect. Their beautiful sculpts/face-ups are what attracted me to the hobby. For example I would love if my Hypermaniac girl body was less yellow, but where can I purchase a new one? If I sell it, I feel like that means I don't treasure that artist's work anymore.

In the end I would rather have the yellowed dolls I have, than new dolls I don't have any sentimental relation to.

5. I specifically collect "Old School" dolls... Think classic Volks, Cerberus and Lati sculpts, mostly-... and yellowing is just a natural part of the aging process with dolls like that. It's the nature of the beast, so to speak, so something that comes along with the territory.

#85 Brightfires, Dec 22, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    6. I have one light blue/mint doll and the color is absolutely gorgeous! From my research on that color, the resin should "yellow" into a teal or a light blue/grey, both of which sound lovely to me. I love her as she is now and I look forward to seeing what color she becomes!
      White skin dolls are pretty but I worry about them going yellow, as well as brown skin dolls going greenish. I think I will buy light pink skin dolls in the future to possibly combat this, so that they mellow more gracefully. What experiences do others have with natural pink dolls?

7. In my experience, pinkish dolls tend to end up either peachy (So, pretty close to where the peach-toned dolls start out-) or they just lose the pink tones completely, and fade to what almost looks like a yellowed white resin doll.

Among my own crew, I think the peach-colored ones have aged the most gracefully. Looking at my Volks "old skin" dolls, for instance, or my very early CP/Delfs they've held up really well for their age. No one has gone banana-rama on me. :mwahaha

8. :lol:"Banana-rama!" Good one!

I can understand not wanting dolls to yellow, and except for the dolls that I have that are any color other than normal skin, my Crew have all yellowed pretty nicely.

Ryu