1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best and Most Exciting things of 2009?

Dec 31, 2009

1. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Popo Doll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Iplehouse Luo (Kamau was pretty nice, too |D )
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Amber
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Luts The Commander of Blue Knights-Abadon
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: HZ Last Count (I think it's a 2009 outfit)
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Dollheart LS-724
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: All of those awesome fantasy parts companies are coming out with
      • Event Item in 2009: Luts 2009 Winter Event Head with makeup A

:goldstarIn 2009, how many...:goldstar
      • ...doll events did you attend? None
      • ...dolls did you buy? 5 full dolls, 1 head (some heads/bodies were bought separate and I didn't count the ones I sold)
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Too many to count XD
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1 full doll, 6 heads (I think)
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? None

:goldstarIn 2009, did you...:goldstar
      • ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More, I only planned one of them. XD
      • ...acquire your dream doll? No
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yes, I now have two dream dolls XD
      • ...learn a new skill? No
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? I'd like to think that my face-ups and photography have improved

2. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Rosette Doll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Dollshe Rosen
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: All of the Rosette Girls! But
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Not sure that I have a favourite, but Iplehouse was so fun to be on the lookout for every month.
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Not sure if I have a favourite
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: n/a
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: n/a
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: n/a
      • Event Item in 2009: The Luts Abadon set for the DoA 5th anniversary
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: I didn't participate, but I loved looking at the contest threads for DoA's 5th anniversary.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: The "Bitten" article in Haute Doll.

• ...doll events did you attend? None, if meet-ups don't count.
      • ...dolls did you buy? Four.:o Well, one is a gift, but still. I saw myself buying two small dolls at most. Edit: and I have an event head around. >.<
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? I missed out on Soom Alk. Maybe I'll persue this little one again on the second-hand market.
      • ...dolls did you sell? None.
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Quite a few! I met many at meet-ups which were always fun!

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I bought more than I planned.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? YES. :D I definitely did not think that I would ever have a Volks Suiseiseki sitting in my room this time last year.
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yes, unfortunately, haha. Unoa Lusis, in kit form. I can be patient. :lol:
      • ...learn a new skill? Face-ups. I was never terrible, but I have become leaps and bounds better at them when I started than when I started.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? n/a

3. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Spirit Doll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Leeke Rihael
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Chibi Unoa
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Luts Abadon Commander of the Blue Knights
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Atelier Soda Couture No. 8
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Haven't really been blown away by any.
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Mini books that are really printed.
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: I guess I would say favorite "innovator" instead, and its Julien Martinez.
      • Event Item in 2009: The Luts Abadon set for the DoA 5th anniversary.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: I don't really follow any of the contests...
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Haute Doll October Issue (probably just because I was fortunate enough to be in it, he he ;))

• ...doll events did you attend? A few meet ups... maybe 4-5?
      • ...dolls did you buy? 2 Full Dolls, 1 Head
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? None really - I wish I could have bought the Limited Abadon Knight for my best friend
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1.5 (1 full doll and 1 head)
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? A lot? Its kind of hard to keep track of something like that... Seattle has a pretty big community.

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More, I hadn't planned on buying any actually.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? I already had my dream doll, but the one new member of my crew is very loved.
      • ...find a new dream doll? Answered before...
      • ...learn a new skill? Working on learning to make dollie shoes.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Hopefully yes. I'm still trying to get better with the different things I do (painting, sewing, photography).

4. Okay, since 2009 was the first year I started purchasing dolls and getting seriously into the hobby, this is really cool :)

:goldstar What is your favorite... :goldstar
      New Company for 2009: Pipos. I love their wee animals!
      New Male Sculpt for 2009: N/A
      New Female Sculpt for 2009: N/A - All the sculpts I like a slightly older than this year's!
      Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom's Afi and Ai. They are simply adorable.
      BJD Outfit for 2009: Some wee kimonos made by fellow DoA'er Vampbee3.
      BJD Shoes for 2009: A bit of curb stomping boots minmin found in Adelaide for Bory during Avcon, back in July.
      BJD Accessory for 2009: So many! I loved Crobidoll's little robot necklaces that they had at the beginning of the year but I'm not sure if they're still in stock.
      Doll "innovation" for 2009: Soom Galena's wings. Spectacular.
      Event Item in 2009: Nothing has really caught my eye admittedly, but Pipos has a wicked Iris eye event going on at the moment. Soom's 4 for $59ish wig deal looks good as well. I must resist!
      BJD Event or Contest in 2009: My new years resolution here is to become more involved in this community, I missed out on a lot of events this year.
      BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: I'd get a real kick out of seeing publications but I sadly haven't come across any where I reside.

:goldstar In 2009, how many... :goldstar
      ...doll events did you attend? There was a doll panel at Avcon this year that was pretty kickin'. :)
      ...dolls did you buy? Too many. Honestly.
      ...dolls did you miss out on buying? There was a Pipos Loly I found on the marketplace and stupidly let slip through my fingers. (Anyone looking at rehoming theirs? ;))
      ...dolls did you sell? Doll parts, a couple of heads here and there, some wigs and outfits, but not a whole doll. My kids are most certainly here to stay.
      ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Not yet, only a couple of passing doll owners during anime conventions and the like.

:goldstar In 2009, did you... :goldstar
      ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Farrrr too many. It's a wonder I haven't declared bankruptcy. (LOL!)
      ...acquire your dream doll? Yes I did. Ry, who's a Soom Heliot. It's marvelous now he's home.
      ...find a new dream doll? No, haha, I think once Bun comes home (Pipos Robin) that will be the last of my doll buying/dream dollying for a while. Unless, as I mentioned before, someone has a Loly they wish to adopt out!
      ...learn a new skill? Faceups! For Christmas I acquired an airbrush which apart from canvas painting, will hopefully help assist with the faceups.
      ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Not that I'm aware of!

5. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: none
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: LUTS Abadon sp
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: SPIRIT Jade
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: SPIRIT2010
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: suits produced by SADOL
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: boots produced by dollmore
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: necklaces produced by cigaryin
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: chinese-made joints hands
      • Event Item in 2009: vest produced by greentime
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DP-Beijing,2009
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: none

• ...doll events did you attend? none.
      • ...dolls did you buy? two~
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? so many=x=
      • ...dolls did you sell? none
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? so many LOL

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? To be honest, I have no plan about this
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Yes!!
      • ...find a new dream doll? More than 1
      • ...learn a new skill? Yes
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Yes

6. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: I guess I don't pay attention to this too much-- I'll give kudos to Spirit Doll though.
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Soom Chrom
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Volks SD16 Kira
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Luts LE SSDF Abadon-- wishing I got him.
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Heh, don't know-- I really liked Sadol's stardom-2?
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Volks Ryoya Konoe's fullset boots *A*
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: My Peroth's choker from [m:bellished] 8)
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: SDGr body = A+++ -shot-
      • Event Item in 2009: No flippin' idea LULZ.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: Can't say I follow 'em.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: FACE+UP 8)

• ...doll events did you attend?: No real specific ones. Just meets-- and I can't remember how many now haha.
      • ...dolls did you buy?: Uh 13. >.>... that I kept.
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying?: One, though I ended up buying one second hand anyway.
      • ...dolls did you sell?: Between the heads and the bodies all together around 18-19 I think-- Christ.
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?: I believe 3. 8)-- I-I'm pretty sure. -shot-

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?: Bought more. Way more. >.>;
      • ...acquire your dream doll?: Three times when I think about it. Amazing. oAo
      • ...find a new dream doll?: Can't say I did. Lucky meee.
      • ...learn a new skill?: Uh not really. Straighten a fiber wig? LULZ.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already?: 8); I'd like to say face-ups-- and I'd like to say photography.

7. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009:~ Angelheim for trying something different with that Medusa doll of theirs
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009:~ Soom MD Chrom
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009:~ Iplehouse EiD Yur
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009:~ Tough one since I fell in love at first sight with two of Soom's teenie gem sized MDs and if I ever chose one over the other, I'm afraid my 'boys' would disagree and jump me in the middle of the night :lol: But seriously, I'd say my favorite has to be Soom MD Glati - I was really shocked when I first saw the teaser photos of him and Glot.
      • BJD Outfit for 2009:~ Soom MD Skoll outfit
      • BJD Shoes for 2009:~ Didn't really buy any shoes except for my teenie gems
      • BJD Accessory for 2009:~ Hmmm... didn't really pay attention to the accessories this year.
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009:~ Soom Idealian's concept (too bad they had to stop production, I would have loved to play with an Idealian boy)
      • Event Item in 2009:~ I never really pay attention to event items, but I do like some of the face plates/heads Fairyland released this year
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009:~ Didn't really pay much attention to the events/contests this year, except for the Soom elemental cards contest
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009:~ No comment since I don't really pay attention to doll related books/magazines/publications

• ...doll events did you attend? ~ None really, save for a random mini meet every so often.
      • ...dolls did you buy? ~ 8 lol
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? ~ 2
      • ...dolls did you sell? ~ 2 and parts of others
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? ~ 3 ;__;

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? ~ Bought waaaay more than I ever imagined I would
      • ...acquire your dream doll? ~ No
      • ...find a new dream doll? ~ Hmm... kind of I guess since Iplehouse Yur is the perfect female doll for me.
      • ...learn a new skill? ~ Fantasy part blushing
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? ~ Restringing dolls

8. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Oasisdoll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Volks Yosd Colin
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Volks SD16 Kira
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom MD Sphaler
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: DaisyDayes Puki/Pukifee Hooves
      • Event Item in 2009: DoA anniversary t-shirts
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DoA anniversary contests
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Face+Up

• ...doll events did you attend? 0
      • ...dolls did you buy? 4
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? 3
      • ...dolls did you sell? 2
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Quite a few :)

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Fewer
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? I've improved on face ups and sewing

9. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Spirit Doll (I hadn't heard of them before this year) and I-Doll.
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: SOOM MD Chrom, POPO Doll Nan-kung Yau, Loongsoul XuYao, and Dollmore Kasi Dan
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: I-Doll Alice, Alice in Labyrinth Heyley, Oasisdoll Yaoyue, Spirit Doll Jade, and Glorydoll Miyuki
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: SOOM Sphaler, SOOM Galena, Spirit Doll Dark & Moonless
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: The awesome mechanical arms that have been popping up as well as the lovely curvy female bodies.

• ...dolls did you buy? Eight.
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Volks Shizu

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Definitely more. O_O
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Yes! 43cm Narae.
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yes!
      • ...learn a new skill? Yes! I learned how to use pastels more effectively.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Definitely. I improved on my faceups.

10. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: N/A
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Heise Lightening
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Ai - Winnie Dee
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Chrom
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Pretty much all of DoP's releases O_O
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: N/A
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: N/A
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Jointed Hands; they came out before, but the sudden rise in how many companies have taken it up... It's nice to see so many variations on them.
      • Event Item in 2009: DH/DoA Homme Fer, too bad it wasn't blue or white though!
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: N/A
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: N/A, haven't been keeping up with any of the magazines unfortunately.

• ...doll events did you attend?: 2
      • ...dolls did you buy?: Part of one, just a female body.
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying?: Lots and Lots!
      • ...dolls did you sell?: N/A
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?: N/A, but there is someone that goes to the same college that I hope to bump into soon.

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?: More, I never expected to find a female body when I had the money!
      • ...acquire your dream doll?: Shhh, Dhaunnar is my dream doll! :eusa_sile
      • ...find a new dream doll?: No, of course not! *coughHeiseLightening/SoomChromcough*
      • ...learn a new skill?: N/A
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already?: Photography, although getting a new lens helps a LOT, and also purchasing my mother's camera from her... If only Doll-Photography were as easy as landscapes!

11. What is your favorite...

* New Company for 2009: Peapod. With all these hybrid parts being the new thing, it's nice to see a company catering to them that won't be overly limited.
      * New Male Sculpt for 2009: Iplehouse Vito.. he was this yr right? If not, MNF Karsh
      * New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Beyla
      * Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Glati
      * BJD Outfit for 2009: Haha I make all my own outfits, so I sure like those :P
      * BJD Shoes for 2009: The little sandals that came with soom's beyla/bygg outfits
      * BJD Accessory for 2009: I haven't noticed I suppose.
      * Doll "innovation" for 2009: Tinies with animals bits
      * Event Item in 2009: Minifee Scar Breakaway. I was hoping for a non scar though!
      * BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DoA Flight Contest :)
      * BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Dollhaute's coverage of the DoA contests :)

In 2009, how many...

* ...doll events did you attend? Way too many to count; Various meets over the year, Doll North in Toronto, PEI summer doll meet, Boxing Day Meet and more :)
      * ...dolls did you buy? Sarin, Quinn, a body for new Hotaru, Luc's head, a Limho Mono which I traded for MNF Rheia.. so 4 technically if I combine luc and hotaru's pieces..
      * ...dolls did you miss out on buying? One, Soom Bygg and I'm still upset about missing him
      * ...dolls did you sell? 3 I believe; Sprite Hybrid, Limho Mono and DOC Kirill
      * ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Lots, especially ViolentViolet, CaptainLanta, AzraelEvangeline.. lots of others though. Our maritime family is close!

In 2009, did you...

* ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? About what I figured, Quinn was the only surprise.
      * ...acquire your dream doll? I already own my main dream doll, but I didn't get an Volks Okita which is sort of my untouchable dream doll haha
      * ...find a new dream doll? Yes actually! At least for SD size, Musedoll Re-Che.
      * ...learn a new skill? Not really
      * ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Faceups for sure

12. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: ---
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Volks Kanata
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Alchemic Lab Lilin
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Volks Williams - The Darkness of Ensign

• ...dolls did you buy? 1 doll, 1 head
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? None (if I don't look for them, I can't miss out on them).
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1 doll, my CP Tanning Lishe
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Ehm... Don't know... 5?

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I bought 1 head more than I originally planned.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Yes! A Volks Williams-head! :D
      • ...find a new dream doll? Not after getting Remo. He was my dream doll for three years, he won't be replaced that easily.
      • ...learn a new skill? Carpentry. (building my own -sort of- dollhouse)
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Sculpting. Next year my first doll might actually be finished! (finally)

13. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: - - -
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: MNF Karsh * 3*
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom MD Amber (She is 2009 right ?)
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom MD Ai (Cannot wait to get mine >w<)
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Fairyland MNF Woosoo Fulset Outfit * 3*
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: - - -
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: - - -
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: MNF A-line Body * A*
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Too many to name.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: - - -
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: - - -

:goldstar
      In 2009, how many...:goldstar
      • ...dolls did you buy? 7
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? None that I really really wanted.
      • ...dolls did you sell? 0
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? ~20ish

:goldstar
      In 2009, did you...:goldstar
      • ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Way~ more xD
      • ...acquire your dream doll? About 3 of them xD
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yeah xD
      • ...learn a new skill? I learned a lot =3
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Not really XP

14. I just discovered Ball Jointed Dolls in May 2009!

:goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Planet Doll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Planet Doll Dandy
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Planet Doll Mini Tara
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009:
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Created pattern and prototype of Paul Poiret tunic for my Planet Doll Mini Tara
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: black pumps from Antina's that my flat footed MSD girl can stand up in
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Dolly chaise lounge
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Planet doll locking knees
      • Free Event Item in 2009:
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009:
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Haute Doll issue with article about Sleeping Elf ltd.

• ...doll events did you attend? 2 cons, 8 meet-ups/workdays
      • ...dolls did you buy? 9
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying?
      • ...dolls did you sell? 2
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 30+

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? more
      • ...acquire your dream doll? yes
      • ...find a new dream doll?
      • ...learn a new skill? Photo stories
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? better at sewing and pattern making

15. What is your favorite...

* New Company for 2009: Angelheim
      * New Male Sculpt for 2009: Angelheim Luka
      * New Female Sculpt for 2009: Iplehouse Luna
      * Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Luts Blue Knight Abadon
      * BJD Outfit for 2009:
      * BJD Shoes for 2009:
      * BJD Accessory for 2009:
      * Doll "innovation" for 2009: Fantasy parts (I know that's awfully general, but the variety of options that appeared this year was really thrilling!)
      * Free Event Item in 2009: Angelheim's current event with free hooves :D
      * BJD Event or Contest in 2009: All the DoA contests were tons of fun, even though I didn't end up participating in any of them...
      * BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009:

In 2009, how many...

* ...doll events did you attend? 1 doll-specific con, quite a few meetups.
      * ...dolls did you buy? ...Um. Four. I, err, need to try to not do that next year... :sweat
      * ...dolls did you miss out on buying? None really - see above. :sweat
      * ...dolls did you sell? Only one really counts I guess - also sold some parts.
      * ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Oh man, I can't even count how many. Conventions are really good for that. :D

In 2009, did you...

* ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More. A lot more. :sweat
      * ...acquire your dream doll? Nope.
      * ...find a new dream doll? Not really, no
      * ...learn a new skill? Yes actually, I hadn't done eye-making before. :)
      * ...improve on something you knew how to do already? This too! I got better at sewing for dols, and painting them. :)

16. What is your favorite... so hard to choose favorites.... but....

New Company for 2009: Popo doll? Angelheim?
      New Male Sculpt for 2009: IP EID Kamau
      New Female Sculpt for 2009: Dollmore Dreaming Lusion
      Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Dollmore Snake Kiss Nayuta
      BJD Outfit for 2009: "Touse Les Garcons" any of them....
      BJD Shoes for 2009: Dollmore Model doll platform boots
      BJD Accessory for 2009: IP Evan's whip
      Doll "innovation" for 2009: stringing tools
      Free Event Item in 2009: Fairyland Pumpkin head
      BJD Event or Contest in 2009: Sock Couture
      BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Haute Doll

In 2009, how many...
      ...doll events did you attend? 6+?
      ...dolls did you buy? OMG don't ask me that..... more than 25
      ...dolls did you miss out on buying? not too many....
      ...dolls did you sell? more than 10
      ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? more than 15

In 2009, did you...
      ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? more, much more....
      ...acquire your dream doll? yes.... many
      ...find a new dream doll? yes... my Lusion
      ...learn a new skill? sanding, moding...
      ...improve on something you knew how to do already? definitely improved on face up skills.... and photogrphy

17. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Volks SD Kanata
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Volks SD16 Kira~ <3 <3 <3 <3
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Also Volks SD16 Kira. :D
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Volks MSD Blue Fairy dress.
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Dollheart's MSD-sized MS-278 shoes
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Nine9Style's headbands
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Volks FCS changes this year, some things were extremely thrilling and others were very disappointing. The being able to order more option parts and wigs with a doll was certainly an enjoyable new change!
      • Free Event Item in 2009: ---
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: ---
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: ---

• ...doll events did you attend? One... ^_^;;
      • ...dolls did you buy? Two
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Only three, not bad. ^_^
      • ...dolls did you sell? None
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Seven, though I'd only ever talked to two of them before hand.

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I bought more and fewer than planned. :lol: My plans kept changing all through this year, from one SD, to two MSDs, to three or four MSDs to two MSDs and two Yo-SDs.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Yes, one of them! ^_^ I've got one dream doll in hand, with another on the way who should arrive in 2010 and another still to yet.
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yes, sadly. I think this one really will just be a dream though... She's over $3,000 - which is more than I've spent on all of my collection this year.
      • ...learn a new skill? No, not really. :( Unless you count stringing/restringing?
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Only if you count restringing dolls, I have gotten to where I can do it perfect or almost perfect the first time and string them in under 10 minutes.

18. I just started this year in this hobby so I may not have much to add but here goes;

What is your favorite...

-New Company for 2009: Not really sure, I don't track them that much
      -New Male Sculpt for 2009: MNF Karsh
      -New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Galena
      -Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Chrom
      -BJD Outfit for 2009: unsure
      -BJD Shoes for 2009: unsure
      -BJD Accessory for 2009: unsure
      -Doll "innovation" for 2009: Haven't been around long enough but I think Puki Fees were a pretty cool new size that maintained posability.
      -Event Item in 2009: I didn't participate in enough events to choose one
      BJD Event or Contest in 2009: n/a
      BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: I haven't gotten into the publications yet

In 2009, how many...
      ...doll events did you attend?: none
      ...dolls did you buy?: 15
      ...dolls did you miss out on buying?: Iplehouse Sword Dance I is the main one I regret
      ...dolls did you sell?: 10
      ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?: none

In 2009, did you...
      ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?: More, it took me some time buying and trading to figure out what I really liked
      ...acquire your dream doll?: Yes
      ...find a new dream doll?: Yes
      ...learn a new skill?: Yes, if you count unstringing, restringing, changing out fantasy parts on a Soom MD
      ...improve on something you knew how to do already?: Trying to work on the posing and photography aspect of the hobby

19. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Dollshe Rosen
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Iplehouse Jessica
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Iplehouse Swordance Kamau
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: ---
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: ---
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: The new Leeke wigs
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: DSAM 32 piece body
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Ringdoll robot arm
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: ---
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: ---

• ...doll events did you attend?: 3
      • ...dolls did you buy?: 0
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying?: 1 or 2
      • ...dolls did you sell?: 0
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?: Lots!

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?: Yes, fewer. Usually I accquire a new one every year : P
      • ...acquire your dream doll?: No :(
      • ...find a new dream doll?: Perhaps!!
      • ...learn a new skill?: Not that I can think of.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already?: Nope : P

20. I haven't really paid attention to many of the new things coming out this year, so I'm mostly skipping that part :sweat
      Except for:
      BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DOA's 5th Anniversary! I didn't participate, but I enjoyed seeing everyone's entries and love for the forum and staff :D

:goldstar In 2009, how many...:goldstar
      ...doll events did you attend? No events, sadly, but I did go to as many of the local meetups as possible :)
      ...dolls did you buy? 1 Full doll, and...4? heads :sweat
      ...dolls did you miss out on buying? The only one I regret not getting is Soom's Hati/Skoll. Seeing the owner photos makes me want one!
      ...dolls did you sell? No full dolls, just 1 head~
      ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 4 new people, I think :D

:goldstar In 2009, did you... :goldstar
      ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Fewer, I did want 2.
      ...acquire your dream doll? YES! :celebrate At a good price, too!
      ...find a new dream doll? Nope~ I have the doll who got me into the hobby now, so I'm pretty content!
      ...learn a new skill? How to make wefts...
      ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Yep, I improved on my handsewing, clothes patterning, faceups and I think I got better at photos :)