1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best and Most Exciting things of 2009?

Dec 31, 2009

1. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: FairyLand (not new, but still my favorite)
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: FL Littlefee El
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: FL Littlefee Bisou , FL Minifee Eliya
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Amber
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: DollHeart Delightful Leveret
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: DollHeart YS-58
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Dollmore Bird Cage Chair
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: FairyLand Pukifee
      • Free Event Item in 2009: FL Littlefee Ante Winking Faceplate
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: Sock Couture Contest
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: N/A

:goldstarIn 2009, how many...:goldstar
      • ...doll events did you attend? 1 (Ohayocon '09 Thursday Meet-up)
      • ...dolls did you buy? 0
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? I don't know. lol I try not to think about it. ^-^
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1 (Dollzone Orlando)
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 3

:goldstarIn 2009, did you...:goldstar
      • ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Fewer
      • ...acquire your dream doll? In a way my FL Ante is my dream doll. I love her to pieces.
      • ...find a new dream doll? No not really. Ante is still my favorite.
      • ...learn a new skill? Doing face-ups
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Making patterns

2. All of them are new to me, but I'll try to be accurate if they are released in 2009...

What is your favorite...
      • New Company for 2009: Angelheim
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: LeekeWorld DollLeeke L-Type Adolf
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom MD Amber
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: LUTS Abadon Blue Knight
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: LUTS Abadon Blue Knight Outfit and Angelheim Ciel The Knight Outfit
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: (can't say if the shoes I liked were released in 2009)
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: (same here)
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Dikadoll Jointed Hands / Dollmore Glamour Bust
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Tribute Doll from CustomHouse's BOGOF Event 2009 (Yay!)
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: Sock Couture
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: N/A

In 2009, how many...
      • ...doll events did you attend? 0
      • ...dolls did you buy? 4 (1 bought, 1 free, and 2 for 50% off)
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? plenty but I don't mind
      • ...dolls did you sell? 0
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 1

In 2009, did you...
      • ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? yes (because I only planned for one)
      • ...acquire your dream doll? no (but I'm getting there)
      • ...find a new dream doll? no (still saving for the current)
      • ...learn a new skill? yes (sewing)
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? no (Most of the dolly-related are all new to me, so I guess there are none)

3. I've only seriously been into BJDs since September, but here it goes anyways
      :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Angelheim. Impldoll would be my second choice.
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Dream of Doll code no.2
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: fairyland minifee Eliya
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Amber
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: this one by souldoll http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1888
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Soom Ai's adorable pink little boots
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: pipos resin cat ears and tail
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: changeable ears ( I think this only started in 2009)
      • Free Event Item in 2009: n/a
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DOA's calendar illustration contest.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: n/a

• ...doll events did you attend? none
      • ...dolls did you buy? 2
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? 3
      • ...dolls did you sell? none
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? none ):

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I bought 2 tinies instead of a single SD.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? no
      • ...find a new dream doll? yes
      • ...learn a new skill? nope
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? no

4. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Angelheim. I like some of the new ideas they're working with for fantasy sculpts, like Zion's snakes. Lovely details there.
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: For body, the EID model body from Iplehouse. For head, Soom's Chrom.
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Body, again, EID woman from Iplehouse is a clear winner to me. Head, Souldoll's Chantal. That face just knocks my socks off.
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Amber. All the details were and are stunning, and I wish I hadn't bought her blank and nekkid as a result.
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Souldoll Chantal 'version 2' default outfit. Oh, the frilly!
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Dollheart SD10/13 girl's boots 413 (they made me squeak gleefully).
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: If crazy body parts count as an accessory, Angelheim's Zion snakes.
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Some of the things Soom was doing with Idealian looked very promising. I hope we can see them released soon.
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Souldoll's free clothing Xmas event was my favorite. :)
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: I loved watching the anniversary contests here best. (For 2010, I am really looking forward to seeing how Domuya's faceup contest turns out; it seems like a brilliant idea.)
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: N/A for me; I tend to do all my reading here on the topic.

• ...doll events did you attend? 1
      • ...dolls did you buy? 18 (ouch.)
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? A few. The wishlist has grown longer, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't be had later. I did miss the Sard resale thanks to the wonky web site code forcing faceups and whatnot at Soom, though, which does sting a bit. Not even going to -try- for one of those.
      • ...dolls did you sell? None.
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 3

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Way more. So many more. More than I ever thought I would even own total.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? I haven't really defined a specific one as yet, so no.
      • ...find a new dream doll? See above.
      • ...learn a new skill? New, no, but managing finances has grown a lot more prominent. ;)
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? A number of things, which is helpful. I'm still not good, but I'm not making myself completely wince.

5. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: (New to me) I just discovered Iplehouse
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Soom Chrom
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Cuprit
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Iplehouse Yur (looked really good, almost bought, then realized I'd rather just have the basic edition).
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Dollheart Akiva (hope to acquire eventually).
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Vz/PW/Hd Bitten Spats (kinda wish I'd bought, but right now only dolls in that size have hooves).
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Angelheim Wolf Mask (would so get if I had a MSD).
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Companies making "non-limited" fantasy parts, Angelheim's MSDs, PeaksWoods bitten neck part.
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Got some really nice free wigs with a second-hand head I bought, default Cuprit's.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: N/A
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Haute Doll had some really good stuff: Val Zeitler Bitten, Candygears, SteamPunk, Elfdoll...

• ...doll events did you attend? 0 (I'm gonna try to top that in 2010!)
      • ...dolls did you buy? 3 Cuprit, Amber, G.o.DS. PpoPpo {and Tulie as a gift} (and I count floating heads as dolls, most of the personality is there anyway).
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Iplehouse Yur, Soom Yrie, Bitten PeaksWoods Goldie.
      • ...dolls did you sell? 0 (I'm gonna try to keep it at that next year too).
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 0 (Let's work on that for this year too!)

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More I think.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? 2 of them (Cuprit and Amber).
      • ...find a new dream doll? Beryl, Vesuvia, Onyx.
      • ...learn a new skill? Bugeting.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Buy dollies...

6. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Angelheim
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Kamau... oh my goodness.
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Galena
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: IH Kamau
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: IH Pink Rose Dress for JID
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: ---
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: ---
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Domuya Flexi-2
      • Free Event Item in 2009: CH's "tribute doll" event, though I wasn't able to participate...
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DOA's anniversary was a lot of fun.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: ---

• ...doll events did you attend? Just one...
      • ...dolls did you buy? Just a head, haha.
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Too many. (Kamauuuu)
      • ...dolls did you sell? None.
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Like twenty?

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? I didn't even have time to DECIDE on a dream doll!
      • ...find a new dream doll? Not sure...
      • ...learn a new skill? Yes! I learned how to restring and how to sew on a small scale...
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? See above about the sewing...

7. What is your favorite...

* New Company for 2009: Iplehouse
      * New Male Sculpt for 2009: EID Chase
      * New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom Topaz
      * Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: EID Noctarcana Circus Chase
      * BJD Outfit for 2009: Chase's LE Outfit
      * BJD Shoes for 2009: Dale Rae
      * BJD Accessory for 2009:
      * Doll "innovation" for 2009:
      * Free Event Item in 2009:
      * BJD Event or Contest in 2009:GoGa Doll
      * BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009:

In 2009, how many...

* ...doll events did you attend? Two cons and numerous meet-ups
      * ...dolls did you buy?3 plus a couple minime heads
      * ...dolls did you miss out on buying?none
      * ...dolls did you sell?none
      * ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?

In 2009, did you...

* ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? more
      * ...acquire your dream doll? One of them
      * ...find a new dream doll? yes
      * ...learn a new skill? learned to restring
      * ...improve on something you knew how to do already? yes, improved face-ups

8. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: I really don't know when things came out well enough to determine that. ^_^;
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: I think it's a tie between Loongsoul Jingling and Dollzone Cosmo. :D Wooow.
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: I um...don't tend to pick femail sculpts. ^_^ But I think Fairyland's new littlefee Leah is really, really cute...
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: SOOM Bygg. I want one sooooo bad... :...(
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Dollheart Justice! XD Or I would have NEVER shelled out $110 for an outfit...
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: I have no idea. ^_^;
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: Don't know that either, I tend to make my own. ^_^;;
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: I'm really loving all the new fantasy sculpts!
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Dollzone's Christmas baby. ^_^; I so want one.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: No idea.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Er...don't know that either. *_*

• ...doll events did you attend? None. =P I was GOING to go to InnoSera, but... well, maybe this year.
      • ...dolls did you buy? 3...and a half? >.> Ish? I got a random practice/floating head, and the new Piki isn't paid off till next week, so I don't think he counts as "this" year...
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Bygg. =_= Curse you SOOM.
      • ...dolls did you sell? None! *_* I can't sell my new kids!
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? One. ^_^; But that was just through a friend of a friend, no one I met through here.

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More. XD I never even imagined I could afford more than just my SD this year.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? No. =P HOPEFULLY next year...
      • ...find a new dream doll? No one has topped my Hong in my book yet...^_^
      • ...learn a new skill? I did my first faceup! I'm also getting pretty good at drafting clothes.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Hand sewing! I hated doing it before, but I pretty much have to now if my Sage wants clothes...^_^; So my stitching is definitely improving.

9. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009:
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009:
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: I really love Iplehouse's Jessica. :drool
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: The Luts DoA Abadon! It was so cool to watch him come together, and the finished product is gorgeous!
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: I'm not sure! : O
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: I love the little Luts boots I got for my Bory.
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: I love the little leather mask thing I got from Dollmore. : D
      • Doll "Innovation" for 2009: I'm not sure if jointed hands were around before this year, but I think they're very cool.
      • Free Event Item in 2009: Luts 2009 Winter Event Head. He's so cute!
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009:
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009:

• ...doll events did you attend?: Two meetups, one of them was hosted by me.
      • ...dolls did you buy?: 4! o_o I bought my first in February, and the managed to get 3 more in the rest of the year. Wow! I got a free floating head too, does he count? xD
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying?: I think I wish I would have bought a Soom Chrom when he was for sale. He's gorgeous! :o
      • ...dolls did you sell?: None, I don't think my boys are going anywhere anytime soon!
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?: Quite a few! I went to a meet shortly after I got my first boy, and then during the summer I had a cookout at my house for local owners. : D

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?: Definitely more! I didn't think I would get 4 in a year at all!
      • ...acquire your dream doll?: Yes, I suppose I did. My first boy was the doll who sold me on BJDs, and I had to work hard to save for him. ^^
      • ...find a new dream doll?: Hmm, maybe Souldoll Chiron. And to find a sculpt for my elusive OC Kat.
      • ...learn a new skill?: I did a bit of sewing, but I never really finished anything...
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already?: Hmm, can't say I did.

10. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar
      New Company for 2009: Angelheim. But among other companies, I'd say Soom.
      New Male Sculpt for 2009: Soom MD Chrom.
      New Female Sculpt for 2009: Soom MD Amber (beautiful as a boy too!).
      Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Musedoll Polyhymnia, so gorgeous!
      BJD Outfit for 2009: Cadenza's Night Waltz II.
      BJD Shoes for 2009: No idea, but I love DoD's new shoes.
      BJD Accessory for 2009: Hoshino's new necklaces!
      Doll "innovation" for 2009: Sphaler's dragon claws.
      Free Event Item in 2009: Luts 2009 Event head, perfect for my Susumu!
      BJD Event or Contest in 2009: DoA's anniversary. XD
      BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Erm... no idea...

...doll events did you attend? No events, but I think about 3 or 4 meetups.
      ...dolls did you buy? Oh, erm... 24... don't call me crazy, please. ;-;'
      ...dolls did you miss out on buying? 2... SD17 Williams and Soom Skoll. T-T
      ...dolls did you sell? 2 or 3...?
      ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time?5 or 6, I guess?

...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? Much more than planned...
      ...acquire your dream doll? Heck yeah, my SF Reisner!
      ...find a new dream doll? Yep... SD17 Williams...
      ...learn a new skill? Blushing fantasy parts and manicure.
      ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Photography? o.o

• New Company for 2009: Dream Realm (love their big noses)
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: Resinsoul Mu (love the small hooves)
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: Fairyland Tyni
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Fairyland Tyni
      • BJD Outfit for 2009: Val's collection for Haute Doll
      • BJD Shoes for 2009: Dollheart shoes for Val's Haute Doll collection
      • BJD Accessory for 2009: More optional parts from all companies
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Soom's interesting monthly dolls
      • Free Event Item in 2009: N/A
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2009: N/A
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2009: Val's collection article and photos in Haute Doll

• ...doll events did you attend? Local meetups
      • ...dolls did you buy? 10
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? only the ones I can't afford yet
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1 that I remember
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? no one new that I can recall

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More than I expected, less than I wanted
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Already have
      • ...find a new dream doll? no, but added several to my wishlist
      • ...learn a new skill? no
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? faceups are getting better

11. Oh well I´ll fill this since it´s really fun to do, but I haven´t been long in the hobby so it won´t be very worthy I guessXD I deleted some parts that would get no answer.

What is your favorite...:goldstar
      • New Company for 2009: Doll Familly
      • New Male Sculpt for 2009: D.O.T. Code 2
      • New Female Sculpt for 2009: I guess Iplehoue Jessica
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2009: Soom Heliot and Amber
      • Doll "innovation" for 2009: Jointed hands? Not sure if they weren´t around before though.

• ...dolls did you buy? Two
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Ow...can´t count that. But I regret most about 2

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More. I wanted only one. Yeah everyone does at the beginig XD
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Not yet
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yeah, it was elf Ducan and now Crobidoll Ys joined
      • ...learn a new skill? To glue on piercing...does that count?XD