best moth designs!

Nov 24, 2019

1. i'm thinking about what moth species i'm going to base my doll off of at the moment, does anyone have any moth or butterfly-based dolls with cool designs? what species (if any) did you base the design off of?

2. I don't have any moth based dolls, but if I did I'd probably go with a lunar moth. They used to come around my home a lot when I was kid. They're so pretty too!

3. What about a rosy maple moth?

4. One of my dolls has a design based on a chinese moon moth (the male one)

[​IMG]

You can see his wings here a bit.

5. I had a Mothman but he wasn’t based on any specific moth.

I’d recommend a Cecropia moth—I hatched one from the cocoon when I was little and it was an absolutely stunning moth. <3

6. i've been thinking about a rosy maple moth for a while! they're my favorite moth species after emperor gum moths!

ooo! i love seeing different Actias species represented in people's dolls!

i'm probably gonna go with something close to a cecropia moth to match my girl's color palette! maybe a Rothschildia lebeau (sorry there's no common name!) due to the pink powdery mottled look over the red & brown.

7. The elephant hawk moth is also a pretty brown with a bright pink if you like the pink/brown color palette

8. Yes! And I couldn't choose so...all of the above? :chocoheart

[​IMG]

9. Piece of moth art. She is splendid!