1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bimong Shahti 16-inch mini discussion

Feb 28, 2011

1. Rosinha, I think you may find an answer in the Fairyland Chicline discussion thread as the head size of Shahti is (almost?) the same as that of a Chicline. Shahti is a bit rare, but there are a substantial amount of Chiclines out there. People could do some head swapping if you ask.

2. Thank you, I posted there. I saw Limhwa to you Sara has a nice slender body that makes me think of a smaller version of Narae. But the neck is 4 cm and Shahti's neck is 6 cm. Now Shahti's head is really small for her own body, so it could work proportion-wise. But with that 2 cm neck difference, could the head still fit? I have never hybridised bjds. Just vinyl dolls.

3. Oh, thanks, that's helpful! I thought Shahti had a pin head on that tall body, but the Chicline beats her to it :).

4. What resin types does Shahti match? It only says "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]high quality resin from France" on the Jigamaree site. [/FONT]

5. oh man, yeah I have no clue and they're so rare. That's going to be a tough question to get answered.

6. I found out she is French real skin. Narsha and Limhwa to You came in French resin, but not anymore. Saintbloom brown is probably too dark.

7. Environmental resin looks a bit like French resin, although not completely the same. Several doll artist have their dolls cast in environmental resin, so perhaps you could look into artist dolls too.

8. Thank you, I'm still searching. The Minoruworld Junior blossom body seems to be the best fit so far. It's 33 cm, that's probably the size needed to make a smaller Narae with the Shahti head :). The smaller bodies with neck size 6 cm are usually less mature. Saintbloom and Momocolor could be good as well, but none of these bodies come in French real or environmental resin.

9. Ah I see the seller on eBay is offering other choices besides the full set. I wasn't crazy about the face ups or outfit. Wish more people had them and were posting pics so I could decide already!

10. I'd like a pale one, but I'm not even sure some of the first ones were offered in that shade. I wonder if there are shoes out there what would fit her other than her default ones...

11. From what I understand she can where Tonner's Tyler doll shoes.

12. Hmm -- I see that she takes a 4-5" wig, it seems -- does that line up with any fashion dolls on the market? (I love the amazing, creative hardcap wigs that I've seen, but they obviously have to be pretty precisely fitted to look good.)

-- A :aheartbea

13. [​IMG]

My Shahti, Crimson!! She's been sitting around for a few months because she arrived just before my daughter got diagnosed with a serious heart issue, and instead of assembling a wig/shoe/clothing wardrobe as planned, I've been trying to *raise* money instead of spend it.

More pics, including a couple of outfit changes, in Crimson's set on Flickr.

The AvantGuard wig that I'd bought for her was too small -- I'd recommend it for a ChicLine. Shahti has a slightly bigger head. Use caution when buying wigs that say that they fit AvantGuard, because I'd say that the actual AvantGuard BRAND wig that I got is closer to a 4.5 or even a 4.

In the photos where she's wearing a black wig, it's a 5" Lotus wig from Fleurdelysdoll, which is sold as fitting Tonner/Numina/AvantGuard/Sybarite/Deva. A 5" wig with a stretch cap fits very well, with a clear silicone rubber band wrapped around her hairline at the scalp to give the wig something to grip. She came with the curly auburn wig from Jigamaree.

So far, she's been able to fit into all of my "Sherry" boots (from eBay) that are meant for 16" Fashion Royalty or Ellowyne Wilde. She just barely fits into the AvantGuard shoes (they fit on her feet, but the buckle won't close), but FR-sized shoes have fit her so far.

I've been digging through the dolly closets to see what looks good on her, so I'll report back further -- Felias Beast, where are you getting those awesome wigs? Your girl is always so well-dressed!! And Sapi3512, I've admired your creations for Shahti for a long time -- any recommendations on clothes/wigs/shoes? You're lucky to be able to make such beautiful clothing for your girl!

I want to thank the absolutely lovely Patta Art for putting together the following diagram for me (I added the typed parts) regarding how to size Shahti for a hardcap wig. I thought it might be useful to you guys as well -- Patta is making me a wig as an experiment to check for fit, and if it works well, then she will have a good idea of how to make other wigs for Shahti in the future . . . so I'll keep you guys posted!

Also, lastly, Bimong is back in business for himself -- and he's working on a new Shahti face and body (named Maree), who is going to be a Jigamaree exclusive. Looks like she has a slightly smaller bust, which should make her easier to fit into a wider variety of fashion-doll clothing. Here's a sneak-peek at the work in progress!

Would love to see more of this rare beauty flitting around -- new pictures, anyone? :D

:sumomo:

-- A :kitty2

14. She is fabulous, and just when I thought it was safe to choose another doll for Christmas. Well, I have, so it's too late. There is still my birthday in February...

Those are some pretty amazing hard cap wigs there. I wonder if they are as playable as a BJD wig. Fashion dolls and action figs aren't played with in the same way as people play with BJDs and I find that their stuff is designed for display and not for taking off, puttng on, tweaking etc. Those wigs are almost hair sculptures. I would be afraid to touch them. I would be very interested to know how your wig turns out, though. I am still bracing myself to have a go at this for my CLines. I have all the materials, just not teh courage.

15. She really is a treasure!!

I wound up frustrated by the CLine human head proportion and I have Jackal's Mohawk glued down with water-soluble glue, so I can't put the Lishe faceplate on to try on the AvantGuards wig, but it's at least a stretch cap, and I'm pretty sure that it would fit.

Some pics from Flickr that you may be interested in for your CLines: Boots, Alpaca wig, Alpaca wig, Fiber wig.

I've considered making a homemade hardcap wig for Crimson -- I made a 60cm-sized mohair-locks wig for Ethan, my IM Hound, and the main issue was just that it was tedious covering all that *area*, so a small-sized wig would take a lot less time. Honestly, it was easier than I'd expected -- although I'd definitely want to be a little bit more *exact* on a fashion-doll-sized head, since Ethan's whole theme is that of a mad scientist with somewhat wild hair.

I agree that many hardcap wig are more along the lines of hair-sculptures . . . which is why I got a fairly simple close-cropped angled bob. With that said, if it's sized correctly, I think that Crimson could rock some of the more elaborate styles . . . I'd just need to keep them in individual wig boxes as opposed to tossed into a Tupperware with my normal wigs.

I'll be sure to share plenty of photos and reviews of the wig from Patta Art!!

Also, just discovered that some JamieSHOW shoes fit Shahti REALLY well (and the pair that didn't fit well are full-resin-sculpted as opposed to having leather or laces, and I *made* them fit by messing with the insoles, so they're on her now . . . so, really, so far, all the JamieSHOW shoes have fit, although I don't know whether I could recommend trying *boots*, which may be less forgiving.

You can do it!! Making the wigs isn't so hard, once you've figured out which method you're going to use! :)

Pardon the lighting -- my indoor photo setup is still pretty haphazard, but I can't get down on the ground to take photos outside. Crimson is wearing a 5" wig from Fleurdelysdoll, the "Bijoux" dress from AvantGuard (a tiny bit off in terms of the fit over the breasts, because she's bigger than the "cups", but it doesn't show terribly much), and (not that you can see them) her default resin shoes.

[​IMG]

Wishing you happy holidays and a happier birthday!! *wink*

:aheartbea

16. Whoo! Lots of useful stuff. The hard cap wigs looks great, especially yours for your Hound. I have angora to make mine with as I want them wavy, just need to do the deed.

Nice boots, but look like Newline which look too small proprotionally to go on my boy (who would be the one to wear something like that), although they can be got on with female feet.

She is lovely. I have been flirting with one of these for ages as I love Bimong's soft faces, but she is an odd size. Then I contrived a way to fit CLines into my troupe (they are fairies. LOL. Yes, erm...) and Shahti looks pretty damned good with CLines. So the stage is set for another damned fairy. I might now wait until Maree is released and see what happens with how they are sold. If they are still avaible via Jigrmaree's eBay shop, it makes this all more likely. If I need to order via a site rather than eBay, I will have to give it some thought, given how badly the various Bimong distributors have done over the years.

Thanks again for all that. All so very tempting...

17. Argh!! I'd written a response, I thought, but it got eaten by the forum reset (if you're wondering what happened, read here for details) -- did anyone get it as an e-mail notification? I have no idea what I put down, but I thought I'd written some clothing reviews.

Will have some more shoe photos (I had very good luck with JamieSHOW shoes, and Habilis Clothing handmade shoes for FR16) and clothing-fit reviews at some point soon (the pictures are taken, I just need to edit and upload them, which will take a while) . . . but if I can re-create my last post, that would help me in not re-inventing the wheel.

I am really, REALLY pleased with Shahti -- I also wired her with 18g copper wire the other day, which helps her hold more arm poses (she actually has fabulous arm movement for a single-jointed doll -- Bimong engineered a very nifty locking joint in her elbows and knees, without sacrificing attractiveness -- I'm not a fan of the three-part arm), and wiring her legs (with a U-shaped piece of wire that goes up into her body past the chest joint) means that she won't "kick" quite as much. (FWIW, she's a lot less kicky than, say, an original Luts Delf -- but since I'm dealing with a lot of fiddly little parts/shoes/accessories, I want her legs to stay firmly in place while I'm buckling her shoes.)

For people who prefer un-wired dolls -- it really isn't *necessary* for Shahti, she's very well-strung and well-balanced -- I just prefer it because I have a disability that affects my hands, and with reduced grip strength/dexterity, I prefer my dolls to be SOLID, since taking a dive to protect a toppling doll isn't possible with my spine in its current condition!!

If anyone received my last post in their e-mail (if you're subscribed to the thread through daily digest), please let me know, so that I don't have to try to figure out what the heck was in it? Thanks so much!! :aheartbea

(I *may* have gone to a *really excellent* Tim Burton-themed burlesque show last night, which *may* have gotten me to bed around 2am after spending a couple of hours in a MURDEROUSLY PAINFUL theater seat because they had inaccurate information about wheelchair accessibility, so I'm a bit zoned-out today . . . but the pain was worth it, because the show was AMAZING!!! Viva Dallas Burlesque for the win!)

-- A :kitty2

18. Tim Burton-themed burlesque? Wish that could have a whole thread all to itself.

I did read your post, and responded. Can't remember what either said. Both generally enthusiastic. And you posted another gorgeous picture of your Shahti, which didn't help my wavering resolve. Stil going to wait and see on the new body and headsculpt before looking around for stuff to sell to fund one.

19. MadamMauMau OMG, it was AMAAAAZING!!! (There's video here (currently the top 10 uploads, he hasn't created a set for them yet.) The first one is "01: Elle du Jour..." and you can go from there. (I highly recommend Oogie Boogie, Dr. Finkelstein, and Edward Scissorhands -- but the whole show was fantastic! It's burlesque, so NSFW, obviously.)

The theater was *cough* less accessible than advertised . . . had to fold my wheelchair, put the cushion in the theater seat, and sit in miserable discomfort the whole time . . . but the show was worth it, dammit!!

I think I'd posted this photo:

[​IMG]

And maybe linked to the measurements I took for the hardcap wig . . . otherwise, it's lost to the ages.

Anyway -- this Habilis Doll handmade outfit, sized for "16-inch AvantGuards,Tulabelle, Integrity Poppy Parker" looks good, the skirt is a little tight getting it over the hips (I couldn't get it on over her default bodysuit, but with nothing on underneath, I did get it on without a struggle, just a little wiggle) and the top is a little loose in the bust/waist -- but it looks a little loose on the doll it's intended for, too. With a couple of safety pins (or, if I get less lazy, moving the fasteners), it should be fine. I wouldn't judge clothes made for those dolls by this standard, since it's handmade and could be a little off in sizing -- but I'd say that they SHOULD fit reasonably well.

Next up -- 16" Brenda Starr dress!!

-- A <3