1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bimong Shahti 16-inch mini discussion

Feb 28, 2011

1. Loved the look of that show. You can't knock a bit of imaginative burlesque.

Yep, you posted that photo and the wig stuff and I think I asked if you had a male CLine and could photograph your Shahti with him.

There. I think we have caught up now.

2. Unfortunately, I don't have a male CLine :/

However, if dhawktx and I ever manage to get together (my health stuff has been getting in the way of actually meeting up with doll friends here in TX -- there's a pretty active Dallas and Austin community, but I'm not up to driving at the moment), I know that she has/had at least one male CLine -- so if we're able to make it happen, I'll ask her to bring him :)

[​IMG]

I just put up a whole gigantic Shahti fashion show with fit reviews of various pieces (shoes included) on my Flickr (link to Crimson's gallery is here) . . . hopefully it will prove useful and/or entertaining!

(Pardon the photo-dump - my computer is dying and I'm going to have to send it off for repair next week, so I wanted to get all of my photos up before I lost the ability to edit them for however long my laptop is going to be absent!)

-- A <3

3. She looks great! I recognise some of those pieces from my adventures on the fashion doll sites, for the sake of clothing my CLines. Seeing as Shahti is such a minority interest, it would be useful to just do the "What fits" in this thread, rather than create a new one. Any brands or sizes work better than others?

4. Thank you!! I'm having a great time dressing her -- I'd owned some fashion-doll clothes for my Unoa 2.0, but she's a harder size to fit. Shahti is much more amenable to clothing and doesn't require so much in the way of alterations . . . and she can fit into some things that CLines can't, and vice versa.

Tonner clothing made to fit the Nu Mood "Tyler/Fashion" or "Dance" body will generally fit, with a couple of exceptions. I don't recommend clothing made for the "Curvaceous" or "Heroic" types (Shahti is definitely curvaceous, but her smaller ribcage and shoulders mean that large-bust clothes tend to have too much room on top.) Here's a chart of the body types and a partial list of the dolls who use them: http://www.tonnerdoll.com/nu-mood-body-descriptions

The one garment that I found really *didn't* fit was the jacket from the Tonner "East Meets West" outfit. I do *not* recommend Tyler jackets for Shahti -- at least not ones that need to be fully closed like this. So far, I've had really good luck getting her to fit other 16" fashion-doll clothing (AvantGuards, FR16, Sybarite), but Tyler's shoulders/ribcage/bust are larger than Shahti's, so the jacket is too big on top.

I have the jacket pinned, and when I can, I'll try to see if anyone I know is willing to tailor this jacket to fit better (it's lined brocade, so it's not an easy fix), to hem the arms, and preferably to slim down the arms a little, too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Shahti has a delicate, beautiful frame, and I think she works really well in Tonner dresses/gowns (and the trousers, shoes, and bustier from this outfit are a good fit), but jackets are going to be iffy.

With that said, I think she looks splendid in it, and once it's altered, I'm sure it will become an awesome piece in her wardrobe! :)

eBay seller Paul_Zhangby sells clothing that is often labeled "16-inch Doll Sybarite/Tyler Wentworth/NUMINA/Jamieshow" -- it's handmade but well-made, and it has two or three fastener settings for the upper parts of dresses or jackets or bustiers. Shahti fits into the tightest setting quite well -- Crimson is currently wearing a black satin mermaid skirt and bustier and belt from Paul_Zhangby, and it fits her splendidly! It also came with a black-and-silver brocade jacket, and since the jacket has multiple fastener settings (in the back), I can arrange it to fit tightly enough that it suits her very well.

JAMIEshow shoes have, so far, fit extremely well (she's tried 3 pairs), and she also fits into Tyler/Tonner shoes beautifully. She also can wear Sherry high heels and high-heeled boots that fit CLines.

She stands well, in the right-height heel, as long as she's not wearing a skirt that constricts her extremely tightly at the knees -- in a mermaid/trumpet skirt, she needs a stand. Even when the heels are a little low or high, I've managed to fake it using posing/leg positioning, and she's quite stable on her feet.

The red dress is from "Brenda Starr," and she also has a Joe Tai dress (unfortunately, apparently made for a doll with a larger bust) which fits quite well in the waist and hips but will need to be pinned to get the bustline to fit closely.) I got it secondhand, so I don't know what doll it was intended for.

I've got some Ellowyne stuff that I'm going to try on her -- the little-girl, dropped-waist clothes are probably not going to suit her, but anything with a Dior New Look silhouette, or a fitted waist, should work. Since I can often get Ellowyne clothes to fit Narae/small-bust Unoa (tightly), I don't think they'll be TOO big -- and the slight size difference will allow Shahti's comparatively-larger bust to have enough room. Stay tuned for those, I'll take more pictures as I try things on!

(I'm actually hoping that she becomes less of a specialty interest as time goes on -- I had excellent service from Jigamaree when I bought her earlier this year, and I'm really delighted with her -- hadn't had much of a chance to play dress-up until recently! I'm hoping that seeing more photos, and hearing a good review of the site, will be useful for people who may be weighing her merits. And I would LOVE to see what you could do with one!)

-- A <3

5. Well, if other things didn't keep sapping the money I have for luxury items, I would get one straight away. Can't have everything. Spent my birthday money now, too. :lol:

That's going to be a very handy list of what fits and what doesn't. I also hope more people buy these little ladies. So much potential.

6. Shahti is still lovely and I had no idea they still make her! Love your photos of her Ashbet!

7. Yikes! I just gave in and ordered the exotic illusion shahti from the jigamaree site... I hope she gets here in time for my birthday this month. eBay wasn't working on my iPod correctly and I was afraid she was sold out. And I just missed the free shipping event for her on their site. Bah!

Ashbet- did you use eBay or the jigamaree site when you ordered? Did you mention being happy with their service?

8. Oh no, I'm sorry that you missed the free shipping event! I've always ordered direct from Jigamaree, and have had good service, they send a tracking number promptly when your package is on its way, and it's one of the shorter waits I've had for a doll with a face-up -- a few weeks.

One warning -- I saw an Exotic Illusion Shahti online today, and they have changed the lip color to a bright coral. If you want the cool-pink tone of the original face-up, write them at [email protected] and ask for the lip color in the promo pics. (Not hating on the new color, but it's definitely not what I would have expected -- the eyes are exactly the same, only the lip color is different.)

I'm surprised, since Crimson's face-up was *precisely* as advertised, but I wanted to give you a heads-up in case you wanted to make a change (I was actually going to post about it today, but then something shiny distracted me. Hello, short attention span!)

I think you'll love her -- she's a very different doll from Narae, proportion-wise, but she looks AMAZING in fashion-doll clothing (we just found out that Tulabelle clothes fit C-Lines fabulously, which means that they're likely to fit Shahti), and she totally blows every other 16" fashion doll out of the water, in my slightly-biased opinion ^__^

Can't wait to hear what you think of your Shahti!

-- A :D

9. Ashbet - thanks for the heads up about the lip color. I wrote them. That was one Reason I really liked the faceup to begin with. Glad you are pleased with that web shop. Hope she arrives soon!

Ps love your monster high collection :)

10. Good luck!! I hope that you're happy with the results she comes home with! :)

Looking forward to seeing what you do with her! I've been enjoying just how versatile she is . . . and I bought some hooks and eyes to do minor alterations to some of my fashion-doll clothing, for a better fit.

(Most of it works well straight out of the box, but her ribcage/shoulders/bust are smaller around than some Tonner dolls, so I need a tighter fastening to get them to fit smoothly. That's just a few outfits, though . . . I'm really pleased how much 16" doll clothing she can just put on and look amazing in!) :D

And, aww, thank you!! I'm so glad you liked them! I had a lot of fun writing that article for xoJane -- and it's been nice seeing fellow collectors come out of the woodwork to say that they were pleased to see a positive article about adult doll collectors . . . and two of the xoJane editors said that if I wanted to write a companion piece about my experiences with BJDs, they'd be interested! (They had pitched the MH idea to me, so I pitched the BJD idea back *grin*) Not sure when/if that's going to happen, but I'm glad that I got to write a little bit about what both the dolls themselves (BJDs and MH) have meant to me, and what finding a community of awesome like-minded people has meant to me, especially during some of the more difficult times in the past 6 years.

Cheers, and keep us posted when you get your Shahti's tracking number! :D

-- A :aheartbea

11. Glad to hear lots of things should fit her. I have a few tonner things both Tyler and the antionette size to try. Jigamaree wrote me back and said don't worry the faceup should be just like the photos.

I really like how colorful monster high dolls are and their cute storylines. My daughter and I have a bunch and the school. She plays with these and skipped over Barbies so far. Edit- read your article. I really liked it :-)

12. She looks really good in Monaeglow, too -- I need to take pictures!

Glad that you were able to get through to Jigamaree -- I hope that you're happy with the face-up when she arrives!

I tried my hand at making a hardcap wig for mine out of silk fibers -- it was a slightly mixed success (I was unwinding a very old silk tassel that had come to pieces, because I liked the interesting ripply texture of the fibers), but I'm pleased with the somewhat Galadriel-esque effect :)

Please post some fashion reviews when you try things on her -- I'm looking forward to seeing how your girl looks in the clothes you're wearing! (Mine is currently in the Precarious "Wanton" outfit, which is a perfect fit, including the amazing tights/boots!)

And, aww, thank you!! I'm pleased that you liked it!! I love them, too -- I like that they send a lot of really positive messages to kids. And I'm a sucker for cute and colorful, as you may have noticed ;)

Glad that you and your daughter are playing with them together -- mine is a little old for toys (just turned 21!), but enjoys indulging me with MY toys, LOL!! And we always played together when she was younger -- those are such wonderful moments to remember, later.

*hugs!*

<3!

13. Got my tracking number a couple of days ago. The link doesn't work but I haven't had time to mess with it. I'm excited!

I wonder if the new déjà vu tonner clothes will fit. There are some really pretty outfits in that line.

14. Looking forward to hearing that she has arrived!! :D

I've discovered that the one Precarious outfit I own, "Wanton," fits really well, including the awesome tights/boots.

Deja Vu is on a new body, this one -- looks narrower in the shoulders and bust than Tyler, so hopefully the clothes will be a better fit!

-- A <3

ETA: This is Cerise (Exotic Illusion Shahti, repainted lips), wearing Monaeglow and my homemade silk wig:

[​IMG]

I bought a couple of Monique wigs, and I think that 4/5 fits better than 5/6 (Shahti is exactly 5", so a wig with a stretch cap can be made to fit smoothly in the slightly smaller size) -- 5/6 doesn't look bad, but you have to pull it over her ears to get it to sit properly.

I've started using clear silicone rubber bands as wig-stops for these girls, and it works quite well!

She's wearing 8mm green glass eyes, of this type: Flat back paperweight eyes Link is to 6mm eyes, which is what she came with -- I had the 8mm eyes on hand, from trying to find the perfect eyes for my Unoa 2.0, and I liked the softer look that 8mm gives her. Both 6mm and 8mm are a good fit, it just depends on what iris size you find appealing.

In contrast, Crimson is wearing her default 6mm glass eyes -- I'll get a photo of them together soon, I promise!

15. Doll has arrived! Haven't had time to take photos. Impressive sculpt for her size. I'm trying not to get too comfortable with her though. I really need to be paying off my student loans!

16. Eeeeee, I am DYING to see her!! :D :D :D

I really do find the Shahti sculpt to be impressively-detailed and graceful -- when compared to other 16" fashion dolls, other than ChicLines (and I love their bodies, but just can't get into the head proportions), she knocks them all out of the park, sculpt-wise! Such a pretty, lively-looking face . . . and it's amazing how much difference a face-up can make, because you seriously wouldn't guess that Crimson and Cerise are the same sculpt, even when they're next to each other.

Did your Exotic Illusion girl come with the pink lips like in the promo pics, as you'd asked?

And here's Crimson, in her handmade Patta Art hardcap wig -- oh, it is PERFECT!! So glad that I took all the detailed measurements, because Patta managed to create a perfect fit despite us being on different continents!

[​IMG]

Outfit is Tonner Precarious "Wanton".

I'd been wanting to try out some Monique wigs, so I bought "Tori" in 5/6 and "Taylor" in 4/5 -- I've got some pics on Flickr of Cerise in the Tori wig, but I can't post two pictures.

I will say that while Shahti has a true 5" head (exactly), the 4/5 wig with a stretch cap fits better, IMO, than the 5/6 wig. It's tight, but the 5/6 covers her ears.

I didn't find the Taylor wig to be super-high-quality in this size (I thought the rooting at the front was a bit sparse -- there's some kind of clear tape material that the hair is rooted onto, and the whole point of the Taylor wig is that you can style it however you want, because there isn't a part -- but there's really only one direction that has decent coverage. I might have gotten a substandard wig, but it's fine as long as I'm OK with brushing it back that way.)

The Tori wig is quite nice -- I had to tousle the curls a bit to get it to look realistic and symmetrical, which makes it a little messy, but *I* have spiral curls, and my hair is a little messy, so . . . ;)

But, yes -- pictures, pictures please!! :D

17. It IS nice to see the thread coming to life again! :D

Bluehaiku, she is lovely! What color wig did you get?

(And I'm glad they actually gave you pink lips -- when Cerise came to me, hers were 80's-neon-coral, which is why I was asked to do the repaint. Odd that the rest of the face-up is PRECISELY as advertised, but they changed the lips -- yours definitely look better!)

[​IMG]

Outfit is Tonner "Tyler Wentworth Signature Style 10th Anniversary," jewelry by MiniMode, wig by Monique, 8mm flatback glass eyes.

This is the 5/6 wig that I bought -- I'd definitely get a 4/5 if I got another in this style. (Hoping it would fit well -- the 4/5 is tight, but this covers her ears with the wig cap too much.)

I need to pierce her ears next :D

(I've misplaced my pin vise again, though! *facepalm* MUST get better-organized! It's hard, trying to keep the house in any kind of order with my back so messed-up, on top of the other health issues I'm dealing with . . . so, I need an able-bodied assistant for a lot of tasks, and Kira hasn't exactly been well herself. One of these days, my doll room -- and my living room -- WILL be marvels of organization, shining beacons of clean and oases of calm . . .

. . . right after I get that team of cleaning fairies on the job, heh.)

-- A <3

18. Here is a list of my items. I read the whole thread now and Ashbet asked for it some time ago. ;D

[​IMG]
      http://felias-beast.deviantart.com/art/coquette-IV-308940887
      lingerie and high heels are part of her fullset, here you can see her full fullset without original wig:
      The light pink fur wig is from Monstro Designs, size 5":
      https://www.etsy.com/de/people/MonstroDesigns?ref=owner_profile_leftnav

[​IMG]
      http://felias-beast.deviantart.com/art/bird-cage-IV-286155000
      dress in MSD size by Monstro Designs.

[​IMG]
      http://felias-beast.deviantart.com/art/time-machine-no-2-318080763
      Those paper wigs are made by me.

[​IMG]
      http://felias-beast.deviantart.com/art/pretty-in-lace-285009558
      stockings belong to the fullset
      dress is from my Barbie inventory. :3

[​IMG]
      http://felias-beast.deviantart.com/art/real-as-ever-330312156
      gorgeous outfit by paul_zhangby on eBay. 16". http://www.ebay.de/usr/paul_zhangby
      He has awesome shoes too that fit great!

Hope this helps! :D

19. Felias Beast, thanks so much for your photos!! They're fantastic! :D

(Sorry, I must have missed the notification of a new post . . . my computer has been acting up for months, and is currently out for repair -- hope I get it back soon!)

Please excuse this genuinely dreadful photo -- the lovely DHawkTX came by to visit the other day, and we didn't have much time -- but we did manage to get a couple of comparison photos of Shahti vs. ChicLine.

[​IMG]

One more here (dolly nudity -- btw, Shahti DOES have sculpted nipples, they're just very subtle . . . and, yes, I need to MSC and body-blush her), of Shahti with a C-Line . . . Nanuri, I think?

Please excuse the TERRIBLE photos -- I took these in a hurry, since Donna couldn't stay too long, and my hands aren't in great shape, so we don't have nude comparisons -- we'll try to get foot size, etc. done at a time when it's not just before Christmas and I'm not rushing to try to get the house ready for a houseguest!

Hope these are helpful -- our conclusions are that they can likely wear each other's clothes, that C-Line females are more petite than Shahti (who only has high-heeled feet -- a non-barefoot C-Line in heels would be taller -- you can see Jackal in the background for comparison, who is wearing high-heeled feet and boots with a slight platform), and that their hands are comparable, but Shahti's head is larger and, specifically, wider.

Shahti doesn't look bad with a C-Line male (sorry, he doesn't have a face-up at the moment), but she does look out of scale with a C-Line female.

BTW, the C-Line girl is wearing an AvantGuards wig -- it's a tight fit (I use clear silicone rubber bands to help hold my wigs in place, Donna uses a bead of hot glue on the front and back of the headcap), but it does look good, and with a little styling, would look great!

Hope this is helpful!

20. Wow. They look more out of scale than I thought. I have seen a nude shot of a CLine with a Shahti, and they looked pretty close. Of course I can't find it now. But that picture shows how differently scaled they are. Damn.