1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bimong Shahti 16-inch mini discussion

Feb 28, 2011

1. I'm sorry that the news isn't better :/

But, yes -- they can wear many of the same clothes/shoes, but it would take clever shooting to get them to inhabit the same "world".

I hope to get some more precise comparisons, nude shots, and measurements in future, but I hope that this was at least somewhat helpful.

(The heels/stands do make the Shahti girls seem quite a bit taller than C-Line girls -- I'll try to get a more apples-to-apples height comparison when we have time to switch out feet and clothing.)

-- A <3

2. Thanks Ashbet. But the heads! Shahti is always going to look monstrously pumpkin-headed next to a CLine, heels or no heels. Ah well. Better to know now.

3. Just a reminder that only the original version of Shahti, made by Bimong and brought out by the artist, is on-topic for DOA. The officially designated "2nd edition" - and any later editions - which is being sold by the Jigamaree company, are not on topic. They have marketed these dolls only as a fashion doll, and the body appears to have been tweaked to be more in line with fashion-doll conventions.

As most of the above posts were made a year or more ago, we're letting them stay at this point. But any future posts regarding the off-topic version(s) will have to be removed, as I've removed the most recent posts.

4. Bloody hell, that's a price. And you don't get much for your $700. A blank Shahti is $200, so $500 for a faceup, eyes, wig, dress and shoes. Mama! Judging from the faceup, she is being marketed to the fashion doll crowd, and they will pay even more than we will for their dolly fix.

Ah well. Nice enough, but nothing to write home about.

5. Reviving this thread because I finally tracked down a shahti for myself. I've read through the thread and have a general idea of the shoes that will work but saw no mention of standard FR16 shoes. I'm guessing they would fit but would welcome insight from anyone who's tried it.

6. I don’t know, but I’m curious to see what you find out!

(I know that I bought some off-brand shoes from eBay that were supposed to fit several types of fashion dolls, and I believe FR16 was among them, but it was a number of years ago, and I can’t swear to it.)

Best of luck!

7. Thanks @Ashbet! I just ordered some ellowyne wilde shoes s they seemed a good bet. I'm slowly compiling info on useful size comparisons for tradiitonal vinyl fashion dolls and resin bjd fashion dolls, so this will eb another entry in the spreadsheet haha.

Still need to get her proper eyes and wig, but lord and I thrilled with this girl. Meet Oriana, my blond high-glam witch. <3

[​IMG]

8. She is STUNNING!!! Love that face-up you gave her :D

I had to wait until I was at my actual computer to do this (Flickr is wretched on a mobile browser), but here's a link to all my Shahti photos on Flickr . . . which includes the source/brand of most of the clothing/shoes that my two are wearing.

Search: shahti | Flickr

Hope this is helpful!

-- A <3

9. Thank you @Ashbet ! I'm waiting on some stuff, so I'll be sure to contribute my own findings as well.

10. I look forward to seeing your results!

If it ever stops raining (2 more weeks forecast!), I’ll have to get some new shots of my girls — Cerise is wearing a Monaeglow dress, and I think Crimson’s skirt/bodice were made for Tonner.

— A :)

11. I have some tonner 16 clothing and ellowyne wilde shoes incoming. Oriana here has her eyes and wig finally. The eyes were made for the popovy sisters dolls, and the wig is monique 4-5.

[​IMG]

12. @rianne She's stunning!

Did your Ellowyne shoes ever come in? I have several pairs of fashion doll shoes, and I think my Ellowyne-size shoes were slightly big on Shahti. Right now, my Shahti is wearing Tyler-size "Ready-to-Rumba" shoes and they fit her the best of any I've found.

13. @Kayka I'm still waiting. Mail is suddenly really slow. T_T I got boots, so slightly big won't hurt anything.

14. Aw, bummer! Hopefully, they'll come in soon!

Yep, boots should be fine. Mine are just regular high-heels, and I had to stuff the toes to get them to stay on her foot.