1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BishonenHouse discussion thread [Original line and V2]

Aug 29, 2005

1. I'm excited about the faceplate option ^_^ Maybe gambit could have that classic smirk and a more neutral face without Photoshop after all!

The body is absolutely great ^_^

2. Awesome job Donn!!!!!! :whee:

3. Donn, you're the greatest!

4. Thanks everyone, I hope to get my website updated in the next week or so with more info about him, :-)

5. having seen him now in full, he is beautiful! one day...one day!
      I love that he is shorter as he will fit with other dolls now and not be too tall.
      THe veins on the hands and feet are exquisite!

(Ps It would be wonderful if you created a woman doll too!)

6. Man, that is one impressive guy. What an awesome sculpt.

7. I'm definitely excited. I'm loving the new sculpt and I was going to get one, but I've discovered that I'm not going to be able to afford one right now. Guess I'll get one in the spring. The other boys are amazing (I think I'm in love with Tyler XD) but this new sculpt might be even better. I haven't yet decided which I love more. Also, somehow he remind me of Seth Green. Don't ask, I don't know why it is, either.

8. Hey, I recognize that shirt! ;) (In the photos taken at the retreat)

Anyway, your new man is looking good. I think I'll go for a an angry face and a sleeping face in addition to the basic doll. Would you also be making the basic face available to buy separately? The reason I ask is in case I want to change the facial hair on my guy without having to redo his faceup all the time... 'Cause he should have a goatee for modern day, but I bought an awesome Imperial Roman optio helmet that happens to fit my Yukinojo, and if it fits Destruction as well, it will undoubtedly become his. But of course Roman soldiers were clean shaven. And then for other time periods he'll need a full beard. So... I may be buying a lot of face plates from you over time if that would be possible. If not, let me know. I suppose that, being limited edition, I may have to buy umpteen faceplates all at once. ^-^

Oh, question: do you think you might make different hand sculpts available in different poses as well as the basic set? I hope you might. I need a hand that can hold a sword. ^-^ (I have a lovely sabre that will likely become Destruction's).

I've bookmarked Dreux's site and will keep an eye on it as he posts new pictures. I'll at least need some jeans and a T-shirt for my new boy.

Best of luck!

9. Your new boy is awesome Donn. The sculpt is so unique and I like how his character comes through really well. Having grown up watching puppet movies & TV shows of Jiri Trnka and Gerry Anderson, I've always loved stylistic sculpts on dolls. I hope to see more of your work, and maybe be lucky enough to own one of your dolls in the future.:aheartbea

10. I've seen this guy in person and he is so awesome!! There is so much detail and he's so big! If you get a chance to attend an event where Donn will be bringing his man-dolls ~ do it, you'll be floored!!

11. Hey ladyiolanthe!

I hope you received my last newsletter (it had all that latest news info in it) for some reason some people didnt get it (grrrrr computers make me crazy)

Anyway,..haha yea i love that fabric so the shirt returns ;)

Im really glad you like the faces, the standard face he comes with (the sightly bemused slightly smiling face) is a limited face and there will only be 10 of those, one for each doll, the other faces are "unlimited" not that anything i make is truly unlimited since i eventually discontinue pieces once i come up with something new. I will be releasing a truly neutral face for him probably late this winter thats also unlimited.

I will release different hand sculpts, probably by spring 08 ill have at least a few for sale.

I know Dreux is working on some jeans for my new guy as well as t-shirts and various other clothes, so he should have you covered when he ships. :)

Im glad you like him, and Im a puppetry fan as well. I plan on some interesting new releases in the next year so keep checking back :)

Thanks twig! It means allot to me that you like him, getting to meet you and the other artist at the retreat was an incredible experience. I was totally inspired by your work and your workshop, hopefully because of it my next doll will have even better looking joints! :^)

12. they are gorgeous. i love the fine details, how realistic they are,and don is a very nice man, ive been on his DE

13. Does anyone still adore their Bishonen House boy? Nori was my first BJD, and I'm still crazy about him! Seven years later, it's easier to find clothes and shoes for him, so he's getting a lot of attention again! He has new EID pants and shirt, and some awesome shoes from Leeke!

[​IMG]

14. Nori was the one that got away for me. I always liked him! Good to see him still kicking around!

15. Nori looks great in Iplehouse things. I've wondered about Donn's dolls too. I always told myself that when I went to Pittsburgh to see my family I'd try an get to the store/ place that he had..... never made it, though. It's great to see Nori and thank you for letting us enjoy him, too.

16. Resurrecting this thread.
      I got this boy today.
      [​IMG]Addy by SteamWitch, on Flickr

17. I’ll be able to join this thread soon. I made Donn an offer on a vampire dean set which he accepted. He said he should be able to ship him out on Monday!

18. Congrats, that is exciting. I hope to see lots of photos of him.
      I will be photoing my boy too. I'm going to restring him, that should be an adventure.

19. Ian, one of his older big sculpts. I think he is 68cm tall. (with a great butt :wiggle)
      [​IMG]Addy by SteamWitch, on Flickr