1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. I hope it's ok if I make a thread here. I'm curious to know what people think of the 1/4th line, and the company known as BishonenHouse. Perhaps you saw them at the 2016 PNW BJD convention? Anyone else have one of these cool dolls? =D

-------------------------------------------
      Ordering page and other useful links:
      Steve Home
      Artist's blog + Updates
      Patreon: Exclusive updates, tutorials and dolls.
      Video on changing expressions
      ---------------------------------------------

The current line up of characters are:
      Steve - (image)
      Vince - (image)
      Mira - (NSFW image)
      Nails - (image)
      Spade - (Image)

General info:
      BishonenHouse is a one artist company run by a cool guy named Donn Kinney who sculpts, casts and paints his cool dolls! His dolls can be bought as kits, finished dolls, or limited fullsets depending on when he makes them. The characters are his own and are part of his comic/world titled Break Step Velocity that's drawn by the cool Denys who also shares the patreon.

Doll kits: Doll kits come with all the parts of the doll, one or two face plates, some eyes, 2.5mm elastic and S-hooks. They require sanding, painting, stringing and all that fun stuff! Teeth parts can also be purchased for open mouth faceplates.

Finished dolls: Finished dolls are sanded and strung and can have face-ups and body blushing. The limited fullsets are all finished up with clothes or costumes. (Steve is the only one with a limited costumed fullset that was sold in a limited number that I know of.)

Costumed/Bounty hunter dolls: You can acquire a costumed "Bounty Hunter" doll through the patreon reward system along with other BishonenHouse and doll related stuffs.
      The only way to get a Bounty Hunter version of his dolls is through Patreon, so if you're after a full set of any of the bounty hunters, Spade, Vince or Nails make sure to check it out.

How to order/obtain a BishonenHouse doll:
      Donn usually opens pre-orders for a sculpt about once or twice a year, they can be purchased on a layaway through the Bishonenhouse store. Kits may also randomly become available there or on the patreon, usually after pre-orders are completed. But the best way to find out about pre-orders/sales is to watch their social media page (tumblr/facebook) or subscribe to Donn and Denys' patreon. ($4 gives you access to early updates.) You can also contact the artist too through E-mail. (It's not listed here to prevent spamming, you can find their E-Mail on their tumblr blog, or the Patreon.)

Extra info:
      The stringing technique recommended uses five strands of elastic versus the normal two for other dolls. Two loops for each leg, one loop for the arms. (A tutorial can be seen/downloaded on the patreon page!)

The boxes the kits and dolls come in are usually screen printed by Donn and feature Denys' cool art!

First release pre-orders usually come with an exclusive face plate that isn't available through other means. (Like Mira's sleeping expression.)

Steve and Vince share the same body type. The only difference is Vince has thicker more muscular arms.

Steve, Vince, Spade, and Nails come with underwear hip joints, You can buy anatomical hip joints in the BishonenHouse Steve store when they're in-stock.

There are four Patreon exclusive faceplates for Steve:
      Two "Burtonesque Steve" plates. Closed mouth and Open mouth
      And Two "No-shave November" Bearded Steve plates. Closed mouth and Open mouth giving him a total of 18 expressions.

---------------------------------------------
      Measurements:
      Steve / Vince:
      Total Height: 42.5cm
      Neck circumference: 8.5cm
      Total Shoulder width: 11cm
      Upper shoulder joint circumference: 8cm
      Upper arm circumference: 6cm
      ((Vince upper arm circumference: 7.2-7.5cm))
      Arm length: 13cm
      Wrist circumference: 4.5cm
      Torso width: 8cm
      Chest: 18.5cm
      Waist: 13.2cm
      Hips: 17cm
      Total leg height: 25cm
      Leg height from in-seam: 22cm
      Ankle: 5.2cm
      Foot length: 5.2cm
      Foot width: 2cm

Mira:
      Total Height: 40cm
      Neck circumference: 7cm
      Shoulder width: 10cm
      Bust: 18.5cm
      Waist: 14.5
      Hips: 21cm
      Total leg height: 23.5cm
      Leg height from in-seam: 21.5cm
      Arm length: 13cm
      Upper arm circumference: 6.5
      Wrist circumference: 4cm
      Ankle: 4.75cm
      Foot length: 4.75cm
      Foot width: 1.75cm

Nails
      Height: 46.3; w/mohawk: 49.5
      Head: 14
      Eyes: 10 mm
      Neck: 9.8
      Shoulder: 13
      Back (excluding arms): 8.5
      Back length: 12
      Upper arm circ: 9.8
      Lower arm circ: 8.5
      Arm length (to wrist): 16.5
      Chest: 21
      Waist: 15.4
      Hip: 19.8
      Leg length: 28
      Inseam: 24
      Thigh circ: 13
      Calf circ: 11
      Ankle: 7.3
      Foot length: 6.4
      Foot width: 2.5

That's about the basics of these cool dolls, better to check out the artists blogs and stuff to learn more like how they're made and how cool they are. =D

Share your thoughts and photos! =D

#1 P-Aei, Jun 8, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    2. I'll just kick off the thread with a photo in case people haven't seen em:
      [​IMG]

3. Awesome photo!

Someday I'd looove to get a Vince. I keep missing the ordering periods, and then spend my money on something else. I need to start saving and finally get him.

4. @kurogane Thank you!

Yeah, getting a hold of BishonenHouse dolls can sometimes be tough. You can usually contact the artist and say you're interested and they'll let you know if they make one or something. I have a back up BishonenHouse fund in case Nails comes up for order again. xD But they're really fun when you get them. I really hope youre able to get a Vince, because they're really great dolls! =D

5. @P-Aei thank you for the tip! Seriously saving as I put Vince on the get list. I hope to see more pictures of your dolls, and for this thread to get more fans.

6. You already know I'm a big Bishonenhouse fan and that I love pics of your dolls.

I was pretty much stalking Donn's Tumblr and Patreon page for sales to come up. I would've preordered Nails and Mira last year if I hadn't been busy saving money for my wedding. I have a Nails on preorder since Dec 2015 and I recently managed to grab a Mira kit. She is on her way as we speak. Hopefully, she'll be delivered this week or so, depending on how long customs holds her. So excited about her arrival!! I promise to post pics once Mira gets here.

7. @kurogane You also might try checking out the Patreon (I don't know if I can link to it here...) sales usually get announced there first and patrons usually get first dibs. That's how I was able to snag my Mira kit! (I took it from poor Eiko82. <xD) But man, Vince is really one of my favorites, he's like Steve but his arms are bigger. He's got such a sharp face, he looks almost like a villain with his defined cheekbones(?).
      I'll make it my duty to share photos until more people start sharing their own... I know there aren't a lot of BH owners here. At least from what I can tell. So if you want any specific angles just say so.

@Eiko82 I'm so glad your Mira is on the way! May she ship fast and not get stuck in customs long. I'm so bummed I missed out on both of Nails pre-order periods, that special preorder faceplate.... *reaches* I bet your wedding was awesome!
      Please share photos of your Mira when she shows up, I can't wait to see her. =D

I also pre-ordered Spade back in January and got his hat, gloves and boots, I can't wait to see him. =D Nails, Nails is next! (Unless a pre-order for another doll comes up,..)

[​IMG]

8. @P-Aei Thank you so much for the tip! I will definitely check it out! Nice picture too! *sighs

Ah, Vince...he is so unique. When I first saw him I thought Megamind! He reminds me of him so much, lol. Yep, some sort of shady underworld character. He most definitely will not fit in with the rest of my cute anime and anthro crew. But, I like him as himself and he will just have to put up with all the cute. It will be nice to have someone totally different than the rest!

9. @kurogane
      ..... Megamind holy cow, you're right. Gosh, how did I never see this before I've seen that film 18 times. Now I really wanna get an extra faceplate and head back to paint blue.... and make the black mamba. Their noses are almost identical. And their facial hair.

It'll be great to see him contrast with your crew! =D Sounds like you've got a nice set. He might secretly like cute things.

10. @P-Aei LOL! I think I've seen the movie about that many times too! Oh, cool making the Black Mamba. I did mod an OT plastic bjd into my own Megamind. I made the traditional evil spandex costume. And, yes, maybe Vince does like cute...not that he would admit it. Especially to Steve.

You have a creative crew and I always look forward to seeing pictures of them.

11. @P-Aei

I know what you mean about the special preorder faceplate. I really wish that I had preordered Mira last year 'cause I *love* her sleeping faceplate. I comfort myself with the thought that I could probably mod the relaxed faceplate into a sleeping one. Well, I'd commission someone to do it. Got zero crafting skills.

I promise to take LOTS of photos of Mira when she gets here. Of Nails too once he gets shipped. I think it might be a while before he ships 'cause Donn still needs to finish the 'Finished Nails and Miras' from last year.

@kurogane Oh wow, you're totally right about Vince looking like Megamind!

12. @kurogane He'd never let Steve know!! Now I want to make Vince those evil pajamas mega mind has with that high collar. (I'd love to see that mod btw.) Aww thank you, I enjoy taking photos of my BH dolls the most I think, their face plates are so varied I feel like they're almost like stop motion characters. Just a few hundred more in-between expressions and bam.

@Eiko82 Yeah, I liked her sleeping plate too, but her calm one is my favorite. I hope Steve gets one someday, I'm a fan of sleeping sculpts they're just so chill. It wouldn't take much to mod a faceplate, I bet you could do it! =D
      Gosh I'm so excited to see Nails, yes flood us with pictures of him when you get him too. I'll be sure to share Spade!

13. @P-Aei I love the different face plates too. It makes the doll more fun to take pictures with because it's more interactive. A normal bjd is static and the pictures are more portrait like. With the face plates you can have the doll interact with props and the pictures are more of a story. Well, that's what I think, lol. Have you ever looked at figmas? They are Japanese action figures that have different face plates and hands. Steve and his friends remind me of gigantic figmas.

@Eiko82 Oh, your getting Nails? And a Mira! Please share pictures! Congratulations on your recent marriage too!

Now I'm going to put Vince on my active want list and just keep an eye out for another release. No mater how long it takes! I'm really enjoying this thread!

14. @kurogane The face plates are really easy to switch out too, there's a youtube video the artist that shows how easy it it. I love being able to have them react to something, it's a really nice feature that I wish more companies had, but I like how it's unique to other companies like BH. You're right, they ARE like figmas! (I have a few of those too.) BishonenHouse dolls are like giant action figures!

You'll get a Vince eventually if you stick it out long enough! Just pay attention to that patreon if you're able to. =D It took me well over a year to get my Steve and he was very much worth the time.

15. I signed up as a Paetron today! Vince, you shall be mine! Again, thank you for all your help P-Aei. It will be quite a long wait, but as I'm supporting the artist, well worth it. :celebrate

16. My favorite company, I am so in love with there sculpts! Could you please tell me what clothes are on them?

17. @kurogane Horay! I can't wait to see you comment on stuff there and see all the cool stuff the patreon has to offer! I think it's very much worth supporting BishonenHouse, their work is just awesome. I love the illustrations they share too.

@KatrineSS I'm glad you like BishonenHouse too! The clothes in that photo are;
      Vince: Dollmore pants and generic MSD boots from eBay
      Mira: VOLKS sweater, RAW Kiss jeans (For minifees size from etsy I think.)
      Steve: His shirt I made, and pants I got second hand so I'm not sure what brand. He has Dollmore sneakers If I remember correctly.

If any of you like sewing I'd be happy to share the shirt patterns I've made for Steve and Mira. :^D
      I'd suggest slim MSD stuff if you can get get it, but normal MSD stuff works too, it's just big sometimes.

18. I am sorry, I am new in this thread, but I am so in love with this guys! Could you please tell, can I still order them or they are limited? Thank you!

19. Hi there! Unlike most other doll companies BishonenHouse is a one artist company, so the artist makes dolls and release them when they want. I'd say they're sort of limited, but more like they're just hard to get because its a one man company and it takes a lot of time to make them. You can contact the artist through E-mail and say you're interested, or you can subscribe to the patreon and their social media pages like Tumblr and Deviantart to know when kits are going to be in stock or pre-orders for new or already made sculpts are available. (I suggest the patreon if you're able because you'll also get exclusive updates first there and have first dibs on whatever is going to be put up for sale.) There are a lot of pros to subscribing, you get to help fund the artist, their dolls and comic, see tutorials and the work process and all sort of stuff. Though if you can't you can still contact them and watch their media pages. Donn (The artist) also occasionally does tumblr raffles, so it worth it to watch their blog if not just because their work is awesome to begin with. =D

20. Oh goody! I'm glad that finding clothes won't be a chore.

I will seriously enjoy dressing Vince. Oh yeah, I can go all out! :thumbup