1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD apps?

Sep 8, 2009

1. I'd like to know what people would think of a BJD themed app for the iPhone, and what people think it would be like.

2. Hmmm, well I can't really think of a BJD purpose that could utilize and app...

Maybe a savings/fund counter?

3. or a database of every single brand and model =D

4. Maybe a size database and known clothing that fit different dolls... More than once I've seen an outfit in a store and wondered/couldn't remember if others knew it to fit certain dolls.

5. i'd use an eye/wig chart....or one that would detail what matches certain resin heads and bodies.

and for fun, i'd like a 'virtual doll' that i could customize like my own dolls, and be able take places that i couldn't take my dolls, like work.

6. I don't think BJDs particularly lend themselves to iPhone apps. If I'm going to put something on my phone it has to be something I'm going to want on a regular basis when not near a computer. There is absolutely nothing BJD-related that can't wait until I'm near a computer again.

7. I don't have an iPhone - but I found a shopping list program for my windows mobile phone. So I used it to list down online doll stores and what I want to buy/buy from them.

8. I'd go for a BJD Facebook app, but since I don't have an IPhone I wouldn't be interested in a BJD IPhone app.

9. agreed. people who don't have iphones wouldn't really care for them, but i think it would be cool if they did exist. a BJD database app would be useful, especially if you were out away from the computer and needed measurements to refer to if you were buying dolls clothes but had forgotten to bring them with you.

10. I don't have the iphone but I have the ipod touch so basically the same thing. As for apps? Maybe something like:

1. A database that has all of the dolls faces (clear pictures!) that lists the mold name, company and price.
      2. Adding to the above, a list of companys that make close to fit that particular doll (and wigs etc)
      3. or maybe something random like Lol cats but with bjds? XD

11. I agree, a database would be a neat little too however, since anytime I need to refer to different brands and such (usually while online shopping) I'm already at a computer.

Now a facebook ap, kind of like Dogbook or Catbook for BDJ would be fantastic amounts of fun!

12. I wouldn't mind having something similar to our own news thread here to keep up with new releases and restocks etc.

13. An app that lets you enter the information. I have made a Excel spreadsheet of all my doll wigs, shoes eyes assories just so I dont accidently double up on them. I have everything stored in boxes and even though they are labeled it would be a pain to look thru them.

I also have notes on what fits who.

A spreadsheet is alot faster. It would be need to be able to have a specific app like that for iphone and then a cros reference of what company brand clothes fit who .

14. This idea is brilliant xDD

I don't have an iPhone so an BJD related Apps is not in m interest area, and i am sure that i wouldn't get an iPhone just for an App.

But that lolcat but with BJD idea is really GREAT, maybe we could have something like that in the BJD Games subforum?

15. Okay, I third a BJD lolcats app. So hilarious. Also, maybe something to follow Marketplace threads. I think that'd be cool.

Edited to add - There is a bjd lolcats thread in the games section! I'd link, but I'm on my PS3 so I can't.

16. Ooooh I'd love having a Dollbook!!!

17. I don't have an iPhone, but I have a Macbook and I use the Dashboard a fair bit. i got a set of oracle cards for it for my writing projects and would be willing to get an app for it if offered. Maybe a ticker for saving up or a database of measurements for all known BJDs.

18. A little catalog database for each doll I own: Their mold, company, eyes, mods, a pic, etc. so I can show them to other doll people.

19. I don't have an iPhone but my INQ phone lets me put RSS feeds on my main screen so I have the Den of Angels news feed on so I can keep up

20. I second the size database. Although I don't have an IPhone I keep a pocket notebook in my purse that has my dolls measurments on it. I also carry around a tape measure.