1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Birthday or Anniversary?

Dec 10, 2010

1. Do you prefer to celebrate your BJD's birthday, or do you like to celebrate it as an anniversary instead?

I'm having a hard time deciding whether my BJD's birthday should be the day I ordered it, the day it arrived at DDE, or the day I receive it from shipping :/

I ordered my doll on November 26, which is about a week or so after my birthday, so it would be cool to share a November birthday with my doll. However, she probably won't get here until late January or February, but the birth stones for those months are much cooler than November's...

What do you consider your BJD's birthday/anniversary to be and why?

2. Oh whoops... I guess I should have looked around a little better before making my thread. Thanks.

Hmm, interesting. I guess that's another decision I'll have to make... whether I want to call it a birthday or anniversary...

3. I celebrate them as birthdays. I try to get them a little something or make something for them. Lil Sakura arrived on my birthday so that makes it even more fun.

4. :) Aww, cute. That must have been one of the best B-day gifts ever! That inspires me even more to make at least 1 clothing piece for mine as a little gift to her. I think I'm going to celebrate it as her birthday... it seems more personal :)

5. I've always went with the day the doll came home, or if I ordered it in pieces the day they all came together and became a whole doll. We spend special time together, the doll gets a present if they want, and it's a great reason to party with your doll friends.

6. To me in somewhat makes more sense to have your dolls arrival be an anniversary rather then a birthday, and ordering the doll is just ordering the doll to me. My dolls are both in there late teens, early 20s and I just made up their birthdays based on there personality and I celebrate them then. So basically I made up my dolls birthdays and I celebrate their arrival dates which to me are their anniversaries.

7. Both things, I should say, in the case of my BJD crew.

Their birthdays:

All of them have birthdays not related to their arrivals nor orders. Ten of my twelve BJD are (One Piece manga and anime series) already given characters and I know the already given birthdays of eight of them, so those are the birthdays of those eight. The other two, which are supporting characters, did not get birthdays yet. The two BJD still left are my own creation ones and even in their cases arrivals and orders have nothing to do with their birthdays. They both are related to two special dates for my partner and me.

Their anniversaries:

Since my first to my last BJD, their anniversaries are the dates they got to my hands, in other words, the dates of their arrivals.

Sometimes I celebrate them taking photographs, writing stories about them or with gifts for them and some other times not. It depends.

8. I can't imagine ordering a doll in pieces, I know that I would get so impatient haha xD I'm sure someday that I will end up doing that though.I wish I had more friends with BJDs :(

Wow, I must as old as your dolls o__o Because I'm 19 lmao xD Hmmm, I kind of like the idea of making up a birthday based on their personality o:

Ah I see. I think I want my doll to represent my original character, which in turn already has a birthday, so I might end up celebrating her arrival as her anniversary.

9. I celebrate their's birthday, just with me i make a small piece of cake and take some photographs . very easy and low key

10. Aww, that sounds very nice :) Maybe I'll make a cake for my dolls arrival O:

11. With Xavier I had saved up all the money, my smother demanded I loan her most of it to fix the car and it trickled back to me in cash X< I had enough left over for his head and didn't know if it was limited or not so I felt I had to order asap. A couple weeks later I found out my usual shop was making it's first order so I ordered his body. The head arrived home Sept 21, the body on Halloween. Being he is custom doll #13 and who his character is having a Halloween birthday was just icing on the cake.

12. I am really glad to read that. :) If you take photos of her birthday and/or her arrival anniversary I hope to see them over here. ;)

About ordering BJD in pieces, in the case of only one of my BJD happened not exactly that, but a similar thing. I bought him to get his heads and then swapped the body he came with for another boy body I already had so his anniversary is the date his head arrived to me, same way it happens about my other hybrid BJD.

13. Ah, I just love cars for that reason. Always breaking down and sucking your money into their endless black hole of doom.
      It's cool that you can order just pieces of the doll though, I have a feeling I'll end up buying a bunch of different hands for mine.

Is it easy taking off heads/hands on a BJD? o.o

Oh don't worry! I'll be taking a video and pictures :3 I'll probably have some friends over too, and I'll totally go overboard like I usually do with events xD

O: I should get a boy doll for my female doll... I did after all create a lover for my OC named Pierre xD and I just know he'd look sexy as a BJD.

14. I pretty much bounce around between order date, arrival date, and whatever date is closest to the time I remember... XD My dolls birthdays vary widely- and I base my final decision on whether I've got a doll for that month etc. yet. As of right now, (not counting the floating heads, who may get different birthdays when their bodies arrive) I only have two dolls with their birthdays in the same month. I bought them a year apart, but they both ended up being January babies. One is based on the arrival date, and the other is based on the order date (he was a super fast shipping job from DM- only three days between order and arrival, so I just picked the number I liked better.).

15. Oh wow! How many dolls do you own total? O:
      Shipping in three days?! O.O Holy macaroni, that sounds awesome, I wish that would happen to me haha xD

I have a feeling my doll is going to be a February, but she might be a January baby if I'm lucky....

16. My dolls have "birthdays" based on when their characters birthdays are. I can't necessarily remember when my dolls all arrived. I'm bad that way. I don't usually celebrate them though.

17. I try to keep track of their arrival day as a "birthday" in a sense, in part because "birthday" is easier to spell than "anniversary" ;) but mostly so I can try to keep track of how long I've had the doll. I don't really celebrate or anything, though. I barely remember my own birthday anymore without a nudge, hehe.

18. Hmmm, I have pretty bad memory sometimes... I'm sure if I end up getting more than one doll I'll probably start forgetting their birthdays or something xD

Haha, I guess I'm not old enough yet to start forgetting my birthday. xD This year I kind of almost forgot... but then I remembered about a week and a half before.

19. Birthday :) Shinta already had his first one with cake and all. Next up is Anje in january. Saito's birthday isn't hard to forget as for the unboxing date (11th of september) although the dob of the real guy on which he's based, isn't known as far as I have been able to find out.