1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD by "small-time" even "amateur" doll-makers

Jan 7, 2010

1. And also from EnchantmentDoll, twigling, whose bodies are quite amazing, and her whole doll/head sculpt Ylisande.

Also LadySaiyuki.

2. Don't forget Domadoll, which is run by one amazing artist :)

3. Immortality of Soul is definitely a one person operation. Migidoll is a small artist studio as well, despite the growing popularity of her sculpts.

4. I agree with linakauno - Lumedoll is wonderful. Eva Wilson is the artist and her work is beautiful. I have one doll from her & I am very happy with her (Bellatrix)

5. Wow, this is an exciting thread, I hadn't heard of many of these artists! >3<
      (PS *hints subtly towards sig* )

6. I was just contemplating this yesterday. I love Napidoll and Domadoll! I saw a new one from the news forums called N.Y.X. Doll . The website is just a blog, but I am now a big fan after scrolling through the posts. :D

7. Lumedoll is wonderful! I've seen a few of these dolls in person (they belong to someone who regularly attends one of the meet-ups I go to), and they're very lovely and professional looking.

8. I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure both Glorydoll, MSdoll and Elysium are all run by very small groups of people if not only one artist.

9. I am a huge fan of Napidoll as well! I stumbled across their heads on NDoll and finally was directed to their website. http://www.napidoll.net/

I'm surprised no one mentioned K-doll yet. n_n I really love their heads~ http://k-doll.com/

It's great to see a collection of artist doll links~ I love seeing different artist's styles reflected in the dolls they create.

10. I know my LeDoll was designed by one person, though I'm not sure what went into making him. ^_^; I can't even find where the dolls are sold anymore, though; there were only a couple of sculpts and only a few of each were made.

11. As hard to believe as it is, I believe Iplehouse said that all of their sculpting is done by the president of the company. But they definitely have other people working there.

12. I have a shinydoll and I can vouch for their unique bodies and other worldly beauty. Shin is super nice and stays in regular contact with his fans :) You can tell he loves dolls.

13. I guess you could also add Enchanted doll to the list, as Marina now started working on resin bjds. They will be very pricey though...

14. Seriously? That's really cool, because Iplehouse's style made a huge shift recently (radical improvement, in my opinion) and I assumed they'd changed their artist - but it's much more impressive to think it was one artist's style evolving! :D

Edit: They were already mentioned, but my favorite teensy doll companies are K-Doll, So Nyeon Gi, and Napidoll. And Glorydoll and Little Monica, though I'm not sure if they count. I think Domadoll is a one-person operation too. Ah, and Serendipity, which disappeared some time ago (but you can still get some of his sculpts from DollnDoll who bought the rights)... and Roxydoll (also dead?)...

15. Her dolls are incredible. Sadly though they will probably be off topic here because they don't have inset eyes. That wouldn't stop me from getting one if I can though.

16. Silent Echo is a small group or one person right? I didnt recognise the name when I saw "Jian" in the mp and cant find the website. Anyone know? ^^

17. I think Silent Echo was a one person store which seems to be closed now. I did have the website but deleted it once it closed. Does anyone know if it's just been moved?

Also what about Kappa doll? Has this already been listed? > http://kappa.cyberzue.org/
      Does Ricky doll make heads? bodies? I heard of some dolls from there but never found a store? Never really seen a Rickydoll either... http://rickydoll.com/

18. i actually found out about this person today through their Deviantart page.. at first I couldn't believe that they were self made!! Their dolls are so beautiful and unique.

19. Rickydoll do make both heads and bodies. I have a Rickydoll Helios head I boght through the marketplace and i'm waiting on getting a body for him. There are not many of them around as they are quite limited and each sculpt is only made for a short time. I think Ricky might work alone.

Here is a pic of my boys head:

[​IMG]