1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Expressions spawned on DoA

Apr 23, 2009

1. I'm not talking about common BJD slang like SD or Dollfie. Have you ever said something funny or clever on DoA, and then found that everyone started saying it?! I remember originally posting the term ''Losing your dolly virginity'' on the thread ''first time buyer's nerves'' and since then I have seen it used by many people!So how about you? Are there any BJD expressions that you've started, or simply watched explode?

2. I've seen the expression of people getting Soomed a lot lately. It amuses me because it's one of those things that just hits right on the mark. I think I might be in the process of getting Soomed too :lol:

3. How about "Iplewhelmed"? :) Not as nice of a ring to it as "Soomed," but I still think it's fun.

4. "Press papila! Good feel!" :lol: Dollmore's terrible engrish is actually to thank for that, but it got huge on DoA for a while. Other Engrish from doll sites have gained popular use here. Like the "big milk part". That was nothing more than a translation error at first, and now it's the official name of the product here on DoA. I've even seen many of these show up on signatures. As for things created by members? Other than those mentioned I can't really think of any. Although, I'm sure there's something involving pukis somewhere.

5. Now that I think of it, the word "faceup" was originally a translation error, but it's become common usage as well. Was that a pre- or post-DoA thing?

6. Ohh man, so many, so many :XD: I've only been here since 07 and there are phrases I see around now that you never saw back then, or that I remember thinking were clever the first time they were posted :lol:

Don't think I've started anything though :XD: Except perhaps "sorry I fail at the search function!!" :XD: (cause I do :P) but even that I doubt is down to me!! :XD:

7. The "Press papila! Good feel!"-part reminds me of the "spinning peen", but I don't know how large that is outside my group of friends :lol:

8. I have seen a lot of Puki words. Words like Puki-tastic, Puki-madness, Pukiness. :P

9. Puki speeks! It was lol cat speek, now thanks to my regular meet group, its puki speeks!

I'm also proud to declare myself NOT soomed. XD

10. Haha what about lutz0rd? Like hax0rd? Not that it's an existing word, but it should be.

11. XD Of course theres Soomed!
      XD I'm Soomed ;____; Without money..>__< XD

I have to say, my favorite one though is the whole 'Dolls: My antidrug....Crack might just be cheaper.' ^^XD

12. My favorite that probably isn't widely known or used hails from back when a friend was looking for a doll to be Ichigo. I'll let you guess who that is. She settled on an Iplehouse Soo-Ri - and even ordered his "Pencing Suit"!!

Yes, it was a typo, but we still call it his pencing suit sometimes...

Or I suppose (N)ipplehouse is a good one as well :)

13. I used the term "inresinate" in reference to incarnating one of my characters into resin. I few people have stated they thought it was a good way to describe the process.

I think the most prevenlent one currently has to be "Soomed", it's just so perfect! :)

14. I've seen "Unoa it!" in a few peoples user titles. Sometimes I use it in real life with my doll friends. lol

15. Shiwoozle. XD I don't know if many people used this term before the LTF Shiwoo was released, but after the release it seems I've been seeing it used a lot.

16. I started the 'Soomed' thing. A lot of people had already commented before about how "Soom" and "doom" rhyme, so I combined them as a joke.

And then it caught on like wildfire O_o Which is amazing, cause nothing I ever do has that effect. :lol:

17. Whoever coined the title for the database thread on Els created a good one. I've heard so many people refer to the "El Army"!

18. I don't know if it's a BJD-original thing, but I had never heard "boybits" before coming to DoA XD And now I use it in conversation and people just stare at me funny D8;

19. Lyrd started the "Pukimon" terminology in reference to the fact that they are so addicting that you will want to "catch 'em all."

20. We need something like 'Delfed'...or 'Eled'! ;p