1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bjd frustrations

Aug 17, 2018

1. Wow thank you for the info and it really is nice to see more references of the tones too. I knew some of the companies you mentioned did darker shades, but I didn't know you could get a customed tone made for you....I really thought it was only for matching existing resin colors!

I am in the process of picking out a body for my character I want to shell and I picked out Doll Family H, Loongsoul, and Telethesia, because of the sculpts I think matches for what I'm going for. Not too muscular or less muscle just like the middle ground. I know for certain DFH did darker tones and custom colors, but not Loongsoul which I'll look into!

So I looked into the colors and I think Granado's Bronze, Dollshe's pale tan, and Iplehouse's Light brown is probably more what I'm looking for. So is it possible to get either one of those by messaging them one of the tones I want?

2. Absolutely! If you screenshot the colour and you send the company the screenshot, you can use it as a reference pic and they’ll make a similar colour! I once used a very amateur photoshop of a doll in dark purple to show angell studio what I wanted, and they got what I meant! It wasn’t exact, but it was really close!

also I’m so glad that helped!!

3. That is amazing to hear! I'll just show my character and get a similar tone when I'm ready :)
      Again thanks for the help!

4. Finding props and shoes for larger dolls. Variety just isnt there most of the time

5. Struggling to be able to find good synthetic wigs right now XD

6. Ever since acquiring my IOS Class65F body, finding right-sized women's shoes for them. Geez, their feet (normal and high-heel) are massive! If this goes on, either I remove her feet when wearing boots, or purchase smaller feet XD XD XD.

#206 Darkness Fatale, Apr 27, 2023
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    7. Finding 1:4 scale animals! Horses are a pain because the 18" horses sold for AG and the like are way too chunky, built more like draft horses. I'm eyeballing some Glitter Girls 14" horses but I won't know how well they work 'til I have one in hand. I hope I've gotten lucky with some 35 cm deer, but overall, trying to find animals in the scale has been a pain, especially coming from action figures, where there's lots to choose from in various scales.

8. Finding cute / handsome face sculpts but them being for above 1/4 (that i don't want to collect) or in 1/4 or under but single jointed / not very posable body...
      Good thing is, as time goes by I discover more and more dolls /artists who are what i like so this mitigate the frustration (and also learning not to get excited until i've at least seen the size lol)

9. Space! My dolls are all cramped together on some shelving I bought for them. I am going to have to break the news to my husband at some point that he’s going to need to put up more :XD: When my grown up kids eventually finish their studies and move out, I will console myself with a dedicated doll room ;)

10. There is a shop on aliexpress that does nothing but wigs. They are so soft and real.

Fstyle doll wig. (Stupid auto)

#210 lucylanger, Apr 28, 2023
      Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    11. Boobs too bigon men.

Like, you find a male body it looks great, but his pectorals are impossible large. Like, why? It looks silly to have the tiny willowy ladies with the flotation devices, why do you need this ill fitting implants on the boys as well? I guess it echoes a lot of what other people are saying at all these over idealized bodies...

12. Hmmm....I've honestly had a couple frustrations lingering at the edge of my thoughts for some odd months, mainly surrounding fluctuations in styles and aesthetics in areas of particular focus within the hobby.

The first one involves companies I'd admired for their unique sculpts (especially with female sculpts) veering towards a more homogeneous aesthetic direction. I've noticed it shift from the hardened rocker dude, warrior women, or flair for the exotic to something more akin to innocent, wide-eyed girls and bishie boys. I know that's the more commonly liked aesthetic, but I do miss those more unique sculpt ideas.

Another frustration involves companies/artists that mainly specialized in/did the majority of their bjds in SD/70cm+ moving more towards smaller and smaller scales. MSD, YoSD, smaller—I know there's a market for fashion minis, but they just don't do a thing for me. Not like the larger ones do:(.

13. I really need my doll to wear heeled riding boots, but for some reason, I can never find heels that fit on possible heeled feet. Every picture of boots that I've looked at just does not seem to fit the possible feet. Either the heel is not curved enough, the foot is too flat or it's the wrong size.
      I never expected this search to be so difficult.