1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bjd frustrations

Aug 17, 2018

1. I only have one SD girl, and I modded her breasts to be much smaller then she came with. I don't like most of the SD girl bodies, and while my doll is a less expensive Bobobie Ophelia, I am not going to purchase and expensive doll just to carve away at it because I don't like overly large bazookas. If they have smaller tops then I don't like their bottoms, or their joints are all wonky.

A large part of reason that my larger dolls are male is because I just don't like the girl doll bodies.

2. WAITING! I just cannot handle the idea of waiting 6-12 months for a doll to come because I love it NOW and I’m worried down the road I will find that it isn’t what I want anymore. I’m pretty fickle about my msd girls. For the life of me, I cannot decide on a sculpt or even a company. Ugh I wish so badly that more companies just kept dolls in stock.

3. Heights. I need so many different heights, and SD girls seem to come in like 58cm, 60cm, 62, 65 and Other. Like yeah, its probably nice having standard-ish sizes, but I'm looking for a 53 cm, a 56 cm and a 67 cm girl, and the options are more limited at less common heights. Good thing I'm cool with modding. Also, all the muscular male dolls that chave chest joints and are harder to mod into female dolls, and I just have no interest in male dolls, with possibly 1 exception. But I love muscular female dolls, so I'm probably buying so many male bodies soon. Magnetic male bits make my modding so much easier...

4. Dolls randomly being discontinued.
      I don't know when one of the dolls on my wishlist will be discontinued next, so I feel I have to hurry and save up before its to late. :horror:

5. Jumping back in here to say: wonky tracking that doesn't move for 5 days at a time. I like stalking progress!

Also: finding mature 1/4 minis that have head sizes that work with the Narae I am planning on getting. Either the boys look like little kids next to her or their head sizes are way to small to make them work.

6. I have a Narae with a Souldoll Vito and they look great next to each other in case that helps (but he is a pain to dress).

And that's what I'm frustrated about, why do they make strange-sized sculpts and not sell several types of clothes and shoes for them?

7. my biggest frustrations is either if I cant afford anything (doll/parts/clothes etc) right now or when I find a great doll and find out that they are sold out (and when I cannot find them anywhere as second hand)

that is always so sad....

I really want the Blackbox Mochi Fox but it has been sold out before I even got into the hobby actively.

8. Dollshe wait times. :| I knew it would be a while wen I ordered, and thought a year wait would be ok, but its been over 18 months, and I'm getting impatient. I want my tiny Hound to get home already!

And unpredictable pre-order periods make sense for doll companies, but they make it hard for me to decide whether or not to order a new release when I don't know when another doll that's already on my wish list will be available again.

9. I get frustrated when I have to explain my hobby. A lot of people say "why don't you just buy barbies or cheap dolls?" and things like that. People who do not collect anything really don't understand, no matter how you explain it to them.

10. .

#90 Gintsumi, May 28, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    11. The hardest thing for me is finding the right materials to craft the things I need that I can't find online or I can't find for a decent price. Some of the pricing for certain BJD items is really steep, especially when you look at the price of a new tiny doll. I know someone has poured their resin heart and soul into making it, but it's hard to afford something like that sometimes. I'd much rather spend the money on a doll than an accessory when I can just make it, even if it looks less polished than the original version I found and loved. I also have a lot of issues with waiting because I fear I will stop loving the doll by the time it arrives. It has never happened before, but it still scares me. :sweat

12. I ordered my Dollzone girl at the start of January and I've been doing pretty good at forgetting about it. Now I'm almost at the 6 month make and its getting hard to cope. I know I got at least another month or more since the virus x.x

13. most the body options for ladies. even the muscular ones are still always too petite for my tastes x3 and the few that I've seen that have the body type are too tall for my space, or their joints are the kind I don't like...

14. My most frustrating thing is trying to find the perfect jointed hands for my male doll. Would rather pay extra for someone to customarily make them fit him however no artist I can find who actually does, which is understandable because they are so tedious and small... I'm scared ill buy the wrong size.

I'm also terrible with the heights haha.

15. Waiting. I am impatient, whether I am waiting for a doll to get to me or to a friend...I want it to be there YESTERDAY. I almost always buy secondhand or in-stock so that helps, but with shipping how it is now with COVID-19, it can take over a month for an item to get to where it's going and lead to infinite anxiety. :sweat

16. Some of the hassle involved with wigs/eyes/clothes! Nothing worse to me than trying to squeeze a slightly-too-small wig on a slightly-too-large head. Or ill-fitting shoes! :XD: Also, I legit cried when I struggled to restring my doll.

What's also frustrating is when you order a doll, and it arrives looking very different from the pictures. Whether it was the resin color, faceup, or just the sculpt looking different in person. Such a bummer when that happens!

17. how hard it is to find slim mini boys clothes vcvccd ive given up and just dress my guys on the feminine side of things

18. Faceups! :( I very rarely like the default faceups (only three of my dolls have them, and one was initially going to be wiped) and I'm hesitant to send dolls internationally... But there's not a lot of artists in my country, with the main ones I've seen being the wrong aesthetic - they're all too pretty, and all my dolls are gremlins...! So I do most of my faceups myself, but it's a difficult learning curve to begin with, and on top of that I have health issues that make it even more difficult.... :sigh I'm gunna keep at it, but at this point I really wish I didn't have to...

19. Not being as skilled as I’d like to be, and not having enough time to do the things I’d like to do... such as improving my skills.

Also, when I have a fairly specific idea what I want in a sculpt and it just doesn’t exist, or exists only in the wrong size.

20. Shoes.

All my dolls but two are sporting my friend Skellepun's patented super ugly socks because all the shoes I bought didn't fit who they were supposed to. Next time I go to the dollie store imma haul my whole crew in just to get them shoes.

And Helnu needs a specific style that im not sure exists yet.