1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bjd frustrations

Aug 17, 2018

1. I guess I forget not everyone has a photographic memory, it’s like a little catalog in my head. Or after searching for a doll deciding if it’s the one you want to buy and then searching for the best deal after you decide I think it would be hard to forget. But really my point was the ones who say that as an excuse to not share, not the ones who truly forget.

2. No, Not everyone has a photographic memory... and some of us are older than others, which can make a difference, too. :lol:

I'm actually a little surprised that, so far at least, I've been able to keep up with who my Volks FCS dolls are. Names are absolutely easier to remember than numbers for me, so I'd have fully expected myself to be in that "Uhm, yeah. That one's an F-... something in the 40's. I think."-camp.

3. The numbers would make it harder.

4. Names are 1000% easier than numbers. I can pull up most of the sculpt names I have with a little searching my memory (there's a couple I have to look up every time though), but as for the Nanuri... um... and the Sarang... uh... yeah, I don't know which ones they are and I am never going to remember which ones they are, sorry. :lol:

5. Setting up an actual photoshoot, taking somewhat decent pictures, going to edit them and realizing that one eye is off, and one finger of the stupid jointed hands looks weird.

Luckily I found a great way to edit eyes (just now), and I just cropped the hand out. Still I'm so mad.

6. @NineOneThree : Depending on the number of dolls you have, it may be quite harder for some of us. ^^ If you only have one BJD, you most likely remember, but if you have like, an army of them (some of us are working towards that goal), I feel like you're bound to forget one or two. XD

I feel that a little bit too, because I have a good memory for names, stories and voices, but I am terrible for human faces (yet I have no problem with drawings or sculptures), which sometimes make people feel like I don't care about them, although I can remember a lot of details from past conversations. There is just something about moving faces that I don't get.

At the very opposite of me, I worked for someone with a good memory for faces, but who couldn't remember names for the life of him. He called me and my colleague with wrong names all the time. More problematic, he sometimes got the customers names wrong. We just hope, at the very least, that he remember his girlfriend's.

Well, in short, people not remembering the sculpts names may not be voluntary! Some of us really have awful memories for peculiar things. XD

#146 lyaam12, May 9, 2021
      Last edited: May 9, 2021
    7. Current and forever frustration: Customs in each and every way.

To give an example I'll give some easy and realistic numbers. I purchase a BJD that costs 200$ with shipping costs to Europe of 60$. After import duties, value added tax, customs clearance fee and the exchange rate I will be paying € 333,85 in total. That is 406,06$ at the current conversion rates. Yes, that is more than double the cost of the original item. For every single item bought outside the EU. Dolls, clothes, wigs, eyes, ... you name it, they charge it.

Not to mention customs always opens all my boxes, throws the precious goods around and seals it back up the most horrible way possible. It often makes it impossible to open up the package without damaging the original box or packaging.

I think there are 2 BJD dealers in Europe? (UK no longer belongs to the EU and gets taxed as well now - If you know more than 2 please PM me!) They often don't carry the brand of dolls I am after. If they do their prices are usually higher than if I purchase them straight from the company. Not to mention most of them usually quit or go on hiatus due to mental issues worsened by the sheer work pressure. I can't blame them to be honest and wish them all the best.

This makes an already expensive hobby just insane. I have no words for this at all. It makes me so sad to see the decline of the hobby here in Europe. I am all for supporting European artists and we have some seriously talented ones but the option to branch out shouldn't be so painful on the wallet.

8. That’s happened to me, where they say they don’t remember so I don’t buy the same sculpt. I’ve started replying to their messages with, “Oh that’s ok! I was able to figure it out so now I can get one, too!” :evilplot:

I’ll jump on board with shipping costs, especially for smaller things that shouldn’t cost a lot to ship but end up that way because of where it travels from/to.

9. seeing a doll with a cute face, and then...

from the side profile, suddenly a huge sloping forehead !!
      i dont want my doll to look like a neanderthal >_<)

it may be enjoyable for other people, but ...

large craniums are not my favorite D:

10. Don't mean this to sound rude but I like looking for clothes on etsy and it seems like the only place to find really high quality dresses for small bjds is outside of the USA. And it takes a long while to get to you which is impatience on my part! I swear the cutest outfits always ship out of Russia XD

11. For me it is when the company takes so long to restock their dolls. For example, I have been wanting a pukipuki ante from Fairyland for over ten years. Unfortunately, now that I am at a place in my life when I have the financial means to purchase one, they are out of stock and temproarily discontinued, and there has been no word for when they will be back again.

12. Why is a respirator so damn hard to use? I'm never going to get good at doing face-ups if I can't even seal them so I can start.

13. I forever regret not labeling the eyes sizes before putting them in storage. :doh

14. All of the dolls I've ordered in the past year or 2 taking literally 10+ months to ship. Only one of my dolls has shipped in a timely manner. Everything else though... I've been waiting MONTHS for and I'm so tired of it. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered from Dollshe in 2019, but everything else? :(
      It's even worse when you're quoted a time by someone of 6 months after full payment (not Dollshe) and you're coming up on 9. I only found out that they didn't even start the order because of a post they made on Instagram and not an actual notification from them personally.

It feels like I'm just having horrible luck with shipping times lately.

15. I’m usually frustrated with how expensive this hobby can be. From the doll to the clothes.

Also been very frustrated with my Unoa Chibi. I love her but finding clothes for her is a difficult journey. She’s a weird MSD Yosd hyrbid so nothing fits her well. I’m disappointed how Alchemic Labo doesn’t sell any clothes or accessories.

16. THIS!!! I agree with you so much on this. It's so frustrating when artists or companies make beautiful, unique nonstandard bodies... and then don't include clothing options for them, with the exception of the occasional LE fullset. Even if I learned how to sew, my room is a shoebox; I don't have the space for a sewing machine :...(

17. The difference of measures used by different companies, definitely. -___-
      The clothes are always too big, too small or they look bad. Finding clothes for myself is much easier!

18. This! I have a pukifee and OMG the clothes here vs overseas are insane!

19. Finding the perfect clothes you want is so frustrating !:o
      I wish I could sew so that I could make the perfect garments.

20. I am so with you on finding a female SD I like. I so want one but as I don't want to do hybrids, I have yet to find an SD gal that appeals to me. Someday... I hope one will grab my attention :' )