1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

bjd horse/centaur stability

Oct 9, 2018

1. Does anyone know if the bjd centaur is able to carry a rider doll?
      I'm working on a horse model, but before going further, need to know if it will be steady enough to carry a heavy doll without pitching it on the floor.
      Personally, I'd prefer an un-jointed model for realism, but trying to keep the customer happy........
      Thank you for your advice.

2. I have not seen an SD sized jointed horse except for Domuya's "nightmare" it can hold MSD's and yes it is jointed and judging from other people's photos I think they are stable it was produced in 2010 I think? It is such a work of art especially with it's armor on. Too bad I don't think they are in production anymore it's my grail doll tbh. Goodluck on your horse model! I hope it turns out well:)

P.s as for centaur dolls sorry I don't own one but I hope this is close enough. :)

3. Their was a horse unjointed for SD and bigger dolls from a studio in WA state. It was Secret Loft Designs and it was named Nahar. Sadly they no longer produce the horse. Nothing jointed will work for large dolls, as weight is the reason. As for the centaur, only Fairlnad makes the best jointed style bodies. But biggest they made is very rare & expensive to find second hand.

4. Depends on your centaur and your rider.

My RS Winter can easily stand with a small-scale doll on his back if he's standing square, with his legs locked. The only difficult part is getting the rider to balance. (Sorry, I don't have photos; the rider I used is off topic.)

If you want the centaur's legs to be bent, you might need to get clever with a doll stand. If you have the around-the-waist type, you can suspend the rider in a seated pose with most of their weight on the stand instead of the centaur.

5. I've got a few different centaur bodies and they all support riders pretty well when standing stacked. Both my LUTS and Fairyland centaurs can pose to some degree while supporting a rider, but as @animemom said, the fairyland has by far the highest degree of poseability. I also find the posing of the FL to be more realistic to equine joint anatomy in general.