1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Orbyrarium Discussion Thread

Apr 25, 2006

1. Yes like Kyo's Kilt asked and are there and Hound sized patterns in there as well??
      But I have to say the book look really neat, and I really want to buy one! ^_^

Great job!!

Sabriell

2. Holy crap! I like the fact that the book is all Trapper Keeper-style with a vinyl cover (I hope it smells all good and vinyl-y, like the Unoa Freaks book), it's got like every possible thing that I as the target audience of this book would like to see and read about, and it's the same price as a book I would buy from Hobby Link Japan and not be able to read, only look at pictures or parse out the occasional simple katakana something-or-other. NICE!!! I preordered exactly five minutes ago.

There are times when I get all sad and want to pack my bags and go home, and then there are projects like this that get me reinvigorated about The Scene.

However... teacher, what's an orbyrarium? :?

3. Oh, I wish I could have contributed! (weeps)

4. I think I placed my preorder before I finished reading the blurb. It will go in the bookshelf next to Unoa Freak, except like Mara says.. I can read thisone, not just extrapolate from the pictures.

5. I ordered, too! Looks great!

6. me = huge doofus zomg.

i'm really sorry lauryn quoted my post, LOL!!!

sher = dummy.........................

7. Yes I second this request.

8. edited cuz i'm a big ol' dummy

i can't wait too! i love aimee's art, it all looks SOOO amazing.

9. Thanks for the notice. I've already placed my preorder XD It looks like it'll be a fabulous book, and there just aren't enough BJD books in English out there u.u.

I'm anxious for its release and arrival!

10. Once again I ask: what on earth is an orbyrarium? Google and dictionary.com tell me nothing!

11. There was nothing in wikipedia either. I'm guessing it is a new invented word by the author of the story which names the publication as mentioned in the news post. Hopefully reading the story once published will enlighten us.

12. I've preordered, too XD The description got me.

13. I'm placing my preorder right now.
      Edit: to ask a question: If we preorder now, it ships in June and charges our credit card when it ships, not now?? Plus, about when in June? (can you tell I'm excited?)

14. Yay! I've placed my order ^_^

15. Hi guys!
      Earnan's Tale opens the book and in it, there is an Orbyrarium. It is a made up word that suits the BJD world very well, and sets a nice tone for the book-I hope you will agree!
      Karenc

16. Wonderful! Can't wait!

17. *vows to be enough of a name to contribute to the next BJD book*