1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Related Presents?

Dec 24, 2017

1. Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has gotten anything doll related as a gift for Christmas this year? It could be a gift from or for anyone, even from you to your doll!

I bought a few heads a couple months ago and according to the shipping they should be arriving next week, so it feels like I got myself a present.:wiggle

2. I'm not "supposed to know", but my husband bought me something from the Resin Hearts convention that was held this year! I absolutely can't wait to open it :) Aside from that, I did put a few doll related things (outfits, wigs) on my wishlist, but I have no idea if anyone actually went through the pain of ordering online for me.

Oh! But for my husband, I bought him a 12cm Hujoo Freya in purple from The Junkyspot, as well as a pink Aileen Dragon! He's not much of a doll person, but he thinks the very tiny dolls are cute. At Resin Hearts he bought one of the 12cm Hujoo bunnies and it was so fun getting her all fixed up with a little dress and eyes. I think he's going to be really happy with these 2 new additions.

3. I was really desperate to get Daydream Ryan as my character, Zero. I didn't have the funds to get him in time for Christmas so my mum gave me the money when I explained. I even did a photoshop mock up to show her how much he looked like the character (she's known about Zero for ages, from my novels and drawings). Technically, I bought him, but she did give me the money so he counts as a present. He's now in his box downstairs to be opened tomorrow!

I'm also getting an airbrush and compressor kit from my parents. ^_^

#3 Spuggey, Dec 24, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    4. My mom is very crafty and its highly likely that she's made something for my dolls that will be waiting under the tree. Year before last my sister and I got a fair number of books and feather 'fans' for our dolls as well as a few other bits and bobs. This year she made a point to get names and basic sizes for a few members of the doll family both on and off topic, so I'm willing to bet there will be something she's created for them this year.
      Yesterday she gave me a little skirt that she hadn't had time to modify for Christmas and it fits my newest little girl (who arrived just that morning) nicely as a dress.

5. My work gave me a vinyl doll for Christmas--I work at a play doll store. I thought I was far too lowly a peon for that, so nice surprise.

6. My friend: Is there anything you want for Christmas?
      Me, trying real hard to not be weird: Eyeballs.

(She wound up buying me a grab bag of eyes on Etsy. I'm so excited!)

7. My bf made my boy a little t-shirt for when he gets his body because he wanted to show his support for me being in this hobby it's so sweet <3

8. I bought one of my dolls some handmade clothing from Etsy for Christmas (though they won't arrive until after). Probably went a little overboard. :lol:

9. My friend ordered a really cute dress for my doll that I really wanted, this one

10. I used to get a doll from hubby for my birthday and Christmas together, but since he retired its been more he will help pay for a doll. Daughter and daughter in law are in hobby, but no idea what they will give me this year. Son is being real mysterious. I will know tonight as we all open gifts on Christmas Eve.

11. My “big gift” this year was 100$ with of accessories from ACBJD from my mum - so Nadya got a fancy outfit and shoes, Boris got sunglasses, and Vissarion got a stand. I also leeched onto the order to get the Doll Family Luca at a discount - it’s going to my brother as his Christmas gift, since it fits his collection better than mine!

12. My boyfriend very kindly bought me my first BJD (well, first to arrive) for Christmas this year - my Pathos Tale MiSheng :D. Get to re-open her tomorrow and play with her properly (had to open her on arrival to check for damage but haven't touched her since then!).

13. My birthday is in December too so all my family chipped in towards the new centaur Realfees for me! It means I'll not have much under the tree but I'm so excited :dance

14. Yes! I got some adorable dolly outfits and accessories after exchanging gifts with some friends in the hobby. It's a lot of fun sending and receiving gifts from my BJD friends all over the world. This year I bought everyone urethane eyes! I'll have to start thinking about what to do for next year, heh.

I also got my fiance a few stocking stuffers for his MDD girl, but they sadly didn't arrive on time. That's alright, though. He can still have fun opening them after Christmas. :kitty1

15. My mother purchased a simple pair of white mary janes for one of my boys that I had never gotten around to ordering, so I have that waiting for me. :blush Otherwise, I haven’t a clue!

16. My husband bought me my first BJD for Christmas this year. She won't arrive for a few months, but I'm so excited!

17. I ordered clothes from Etsy for my YoSD kids, and for my smaller off-topic doll. And then I realized that Alice’s Collections was having a sale for 50% off the Doll Family A pets, and I spent my Christmas money on ordering Fan Fan!

18. My little niece gifted me a mini plush smurf and a mini plush bunny fridge magnet as cuddle toys for my dolls. Cutest thing ever - and I LOVE that bunny! They're exactly the right size for my two Yo-SDs, so Shizuku and Tanpopo are now the proud owners of cuddle bunny and smurf. :D

19. I love seeing everyone's replies, I don't celebrate Christmas myself but I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! :3nodding:

20. I bought my doll, Asami, a Dollzone's ancient kimono for Christmas. :3 I've admired said kimono for a long time, but it was a bit too expensive for my taste. So when I found it for half the price, I had to buy it (got it from Think Pink, which is sadly going out of business. : <). I have invested more money on my other doll's clothes, so I thought it was time to treat my first girl. :) I also bought myself Ringdoll Xi as a Christmas present, it'll take time for her to arrive.