1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJDs as decorative item?

Sep 17, 2019

1. I have one doll sitting out because she makes me smile. The rest of mine are stored away. I did have all my MSDs out but had to out them away after my mother's passive-aggressive comments about them.

2. I do sew for mine, and many of them have got characters and at least some sort fo backstory as to who they are, how they would interact with one-another, but most of the time they're just on display in my living room:
      Dolly Drift Corner

Teddy

3. oooh that looks so neat!

4. Thanks. It's an out of date picture but it gives the idea of what I do with my dolls (both on and off-topic)

Teddy

5. Currently I plan to customise my two planned future dolls and write a back story but as yet not sure what I will do with them. The 1:12th scale doll may live in my always being a work in progress doll house otherwise I would love to display her in a glass dome on a table top. The fairy doll I have no idea if they will be packed away or on display.

6. All of my dolls are on display - I know it’s more liable to mean yellowing, but they’re displayed in a basement without a lot of natural light, which helps. I just like being able to see them - I think they’re beautiful, and it also brings back memories!

7. Between my roomate and I we have 34 dolls and all of them are out on display. For Christmas we dress ones in festive gear and they sit out as part of the Christmas decorations. None of our dolls go into boxes and they are beautiful, fun, and bring happiness ♡

8. All my dolls are displayed open and this way they are decorative elements of my rooms, but still I "play" with them (taking pictures, change styles & outfits, take them to meetings,...).
      But there is one which I really bought for display only: my huge Dollzone Mermaid (Tarot Series High Priestress), she is displayed on a wooden plate on the wall like a fish trophy.

9. Nice idea!

Teddy