1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Minis

Jul 31, 2020

1. Hi. My Milk Chocolate Meihua just arrived on Friday and she is lovely, though I still can't get over how small her head is compared to her body! The sculpt of her body is divine but as others have mentioned, her body needs sueding. I already restrung her legs to make them tighter, though I was surprised that they had used two pieces of elastic, one for each leg as opposed to one longer piece for both which is what I'm used to seeing. Tightening her elastic certainly made her legs more cooperative, especially those knee joints. Her arms are very kicky so definitely need sueding, along with all of her really. Overall she's beautiful, I mainly bought her because she was a promotional version with a gorgeous Mayakdolls face up which I instantly fell in love with (her head had only been used for two photo sessions, but her body was brand new) I had a yarn wig made for her before she arrived but there's something not quite right about it for her, thinking it may be the colour - wigs are my nemesis!

#21 BelladonnaWolfsbane, Sep 21, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    2. Congrats on your Meihua's arrival, @BelladonnaWolfsbane - I can't wait to see her! Mine will be Milk Chocolate, too, so I'm curious to see owner photos of the color. Not looking forward to having to restring and/or suede her, though. I probably have another month to wait. My last layaway payment is due soon, but I figure I'll be lucky to get her by the end of October. Small heads are normal for me. Most of my crew are fashion size with adult proportions.

3. Thank you, she's a beautiful colour in person. I tried to post photos but I'm new to using DOA so can't figure it out. I even opened a Flickr account so I could post them but I still can't get it to work! I usually do all my doll posts in the Facebook groups that I am part of :-)

4. Posting from Flickr is easy. Click to select your photo, then click on the curved arrow at the bottom right. If you hover over it, you'll see "Share photo". It leads to a screen that says "Share 1 photo to:" Select BBCode. Under the code itself there are various sizes. I use a medium size. Highlight the code in the blue box, then right click and choose copy. Come back here, click in your post, and right click-paste. Then delete everything in front of the first bracket-img-bracket, and everything after the second bracket-img-bracket. Keep both sets of bracket-img-bracket. When you hit "Post Reply" your picture should appear in your post. It sounds convoluted but it works; after a while it becomes second nature.

Don't click on the image icon in the menu line here. It worked with Photobucket when I used that but for some reason it doesn't work with Flickr.

5. I use a free website called my album where you can choose share image and it makes an URL which you can upload via the picture frame icon. Works very well and you can also choose picture size

6. Does it limit how many images you can upload to your album? And it doesn't mind hosting photos for posting on another site? (That was Photobucket's argument, that they didn't want to do third-party hosting.) I'll have to take a look at it.

I'm worried that Black Cherry hasn't billed me yet for the last installment on my layaway. She's a whole week later than last month's billing. I want to pay her so I can get my Meihua!

*Either Black Cherry read my mind or else she reads this forum, but I just got--and paid--my final installment. Now I wait for my Meihua.:celebrate

#26 vermont chick, Sep 24, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    7. Thank you

8. You have a limit of 40 pic per album but you can make as many online albums as you want so thats mnot a problem. And i have been using it for varous blogs for years now and never had a problem with it.you can use it to draw up an album to print, but it allows you to use it as an online resource to post from, they even have different settings for different uses to share pictures and its a prominent feature in the website so I don’t think they mind hosting

9. I have a shipping notice!!! :cheer

10. OMG! I'd never seen black cherry dolls before but they're so pretty! Another wish list doll oh no

11. I know, right? I discovered them when @Luna_and_Stelladolls posted a photo of her Meihua and it was love at first sight. Speaking of Meihua, mine is currently making the rounds of various distribution centers in and around Moscow. I wish she'd hop on a plane already.

12. Meihua is here! She arrived too late yesterday for me to start her faceup or take photos, so in the meantime I've been trying on wigs and looking through my stash for eyes. I'll need to restring her. Her arms are too tight and her legs are too loose, as others have mentioned. Her milk chocolate resin is lovely. I haven't set them side-by-side yet, but her color and shape remind me strongly of my Lillycat Amy. Maybe they'll be best buddies. A pair of shoes that I bought for Amy is a perfect fit for Meihua. If I can remember where I got them I'll buy a few more colors.

13. I have to make some adjustments to her dress but I finished her faceup and took photos. She's paler than I expected, which made it easier to paint her. Once I get her restrung to the point where she can stand unaided, I'll photograph her with similar dolls (Youpla and Lillycat). In the meantime, here is Charlotte.
      [​IMG]

14. I paid my final layaway installment! Now I just await my latest lady~

15. And she's arrived! What a nice early Christmas present to myself. It's a little too cold for a faceup, but hopefully I can get one on her before the end of year... So far her name is Mellifera!

16. these babies are on my list, I love them

17. These dolls are so gorgeous ! I love your pictures ! :chibi
      I wish to find a Meihua in caramel skin. (Just missed one ... :| )

Please, be kind to add more photos of your Meihuas here !! :eusa_pray

18. We finally had a warm enough day so I could do a faceup on Melli! I also made a wig for her, I'm quite proud of it~
      [​IMG]20201213_003645 by Chelsea Goodman, on Flickr
      Formally introducing Mellifera!

19. oh my god she's so cute!! I've been eyeing the BC dolls for a while, esp the 30cm ones, but I am totally not vibing with the ankle and wrist joints sadly... but I am obsessed with the candy skin LE ! But your Mellifera looks so cute, I love her make up

20. Thank you so much!