1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Minis

Jul 31, 2020

1. To my suprise there was no thread yet for MSD Black cherry dolls (and I had accidentily posted my girl in the large doll thread) so I wanted to start one here. I am totally addicted to black cherry dolls faces. They are so cute and photogenic. I have some issues with the MSD body’s posing, but that might be fixable with a tighter strining and some sueding,which I have not done yet.

so here are my girls: yelena (blackcherry meihua in natural skintone) and Tasha (blackcherry eirlys in natural skintone). They are sisters, but look nothing alike.

Yelena
      [​IMG]

Tasha
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. I love your girls!:D I have Meihua on order in milk chocolate, which I hope will work with the fantasy-color wig I bought. If it doesn't, she can exchange wigs with another doll. I wanted natural skin but the in-stock doll was already sold and I didn't want to wait for another pre-order. She's so cute I love her in either color. Until she arrives I'll get my daily fix by looking at Yelena and Tasha.:3nodding:

3. I can’t wait to see some more girls in here. Tasha can already look so different by changing her hair and eye color. Their faces are so versitile.

4. I can't decided which of Tasha's two wigs I like better. I love the long yellow and orange wig, but I also like how the shorter blonde wig gives her a completely different look. Yelena's short red wig is my favorite. If Meihua can wear the fantasy wig I bought, she'll have blonde, pink, yellow, purple, blue and green hair. It sounds awful but most of it blends together. I like to stretch a new wig a little before putting it on a new doll, so another doll is wearing Meihua's wig at the moment. I only hope she's willing to give it back when Meihua gets here.

5. Yes, I have a Ziya wearing a wig meant for Ophelie atm and she looks so totally different from all other Ziya’s in it that I am pretty sure she won’t give it back LOL. But Yelena won’t share, that wig is hers. Ans as for Tasha, the red wig isn’t hers and its way to big, she had to wear two silicone caps to keep it on. But her hair wasn’t ready yet when I wanted to take pics during a very short blooming period in spring so thats why she got to wear it. And I admit she looks good with the bright colors, but it doesn’t fit her OC I am afraid. I might need to get a tan Eirlys in the future to rock those brights

6. It sounds like the Eirlys and Meihua sculpts have different size heads. That's awkward when planning for wigs. I like having wigs that several girls can wear. If they can share, it cuts down on how much money I have to spend.:lol:

You could get a tan Eirlys...or maybe Black Cherry will release a new MSD in the near future.

7. Oh no, their wig size is similar. The red and yellow wig Tasha was wearing was a different dolls (youpla)

8. Oh, good. You had me worried there for a minute.

9. I emailed Black Cherry saying that I wanted to pay off my layaway but haven't received an answer. I hope that means she's planning to send me an invoice soon. I want my Meihua!

10. Joining this thread because I snagged one of the Caramel Meihua gals that BCD posted as in-stock! I also snagged the extra hands and feet.

11. Well, it appears that my email requesting to pay off my layaway didn't go through, because yesterday I got an invoice for my 2nd of 3 payments. I guess I can wait one more month for Meihua's arrival.

Congrats @Lyzrd! I didn't order any extras with my girl. I considered the ballet feet but then realized it would be hard to find ballet shoes that fit. I have ballet shoes for Dollmore's Ballet Kid, but they're way too big to fit Meihua.

#12 vermont chick, Aug 19, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    12. I also snagged a caramel girl! Currently all my slim msd stuff is in a different continent to me so now on the hunt for stuff to fit her :D

13. I'm interested in these lovely ladies. Can you guys tell me how their posing is?

14. At the moment only @Luna_and_Stelladolls can tell you that. The rest of us are still waiting for our dolls. I'm interested in the posing possibilities, too.

15. Well, I guess I'll be waiting with you, since I was too inpatient and got one of the caramel Meihuas on layaway with the ballet feet

16. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the msd blackcherry body poses very nicely. I would recommend a restringing and sueding of at least the hip, ankle and elbow joints though. The way the hips are constructed makes it a bit harder to balance her to stand, but she is definetly not a doll that will give you headaches to get her to pose. (Compared to minifee and youplas which stand like a house) The arms are a bit kicky if the elbow is not sueded. They come pretty loosely stringed so a restring might also do the trick but haven’t found the time or guts to do that yet. When I do I can make a full series of the body posing

#17 Luna_and_Stelladolls, Aug 31, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    17. Thanks for the response and the pics @Luna_and_Stelladolls . Some of my dolls won't sit unless their legs are spread-eagled like a very small child would sit. I guess I'll deal with her stringing when she gets here, although given a choice between a doll that is loosely strung or one that is too tight, I'll take the loose one. I purchased a doll in early 2018 who is still so tight I can't open him up to restring him. He curls up in a tight little ball as if all he wants in the world is to be left alone.

By the way, we are only allowed to post one photo per post in the discussion threads. There's a way to have one photo visible and hide the others so that we can see them by clicking on a button. Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. There must be instructions on here somewhere.

18. Thanks for letting me know, didn’t know that there was a limit on pics. I figured out how to make them spoilers (its in the faq how to post how to) so they can be hidden and can be opened.

#19 Luna_and_Stelladolls, Aug 31, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    19. You're welcome. The limit is posted on the page with the list of threads for each size. More pics are allowed in the Galleries. I'll have to look at the FAQ to see how to make the spoilers.