1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Fairy Pocket Fairy Discussion part 2

Dec 18, 2012

1. Pocketfairy came both ways with S hook and without...definitely easier with S hook for changing eyes...also easier for changing bodies

2. @xaya Thanks for the info!
      I was planning to get a sugar body for my girl, but now I'm wondering if it's better to wait or to get the "old" style body!
      I haven't seen one for selling in the marketplace in the last period! >__<

3. Is anyone taking advantage of the lower price for the Pocket Fairy? I'm going back and forth over the body renewal. If I want one more of the classic style I'll have to choose now.

4. I'd really like! But I don't know what kind of renewal will be... So it's hard to decide what is better...
      Has someone infos about the new bodies?

5. I have no info on the new body...the suspense of it all...

6. These dolls are so cute! Would you recommend them as first-time dolls? I like the tiny dolls much better than the big heavy ones btw :love

7. If you like the minimalist look, then yes, I'd recommend them. My preference is for the taller Sugar/Pepper body as I like the longer leg proportions but the regular PF body is more childlike. If you prefer dolls that are more on the realistic side or gymnastic in their posing then you may want to look elsewhere.

8. I'm mainly looking for a small doll, since I don't have much storage room. Also, the tinies are so cute! :kitty1

9. Yes, they are! They also work so well with all the dollhouse props so there's no shortage of things to buy for them but it all stores away easily.
      PFs have a unique look -- most other tinies in this range have a bigger 'bobble' head, but they are more proportional. If you like their look, they're actually a good deal right now since Bluefairy will be revising the bodies soon.

10. Take your time and look around. There are a lot of adorable tines. Supia has released new baby sups. Withdoll has cute little ones also. You might want to look through the Comparison photos of tiny ABJDs (tinies)

11. I need help, how do you restring a pocket fairy?
      She needs sueding but I don't know how to unstring her since she doesn't have hooks...

12. I saw it but I don't understand how to do that backwards, and those black and white pics aren't very clear anyway.

#554 ninive, Jun 7, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    13. Lots of the older little dolls did it that way. The elastic goes through the foot and the the foot goes through the loop . To undo it, you must get a hold of the little piece of elastic going around the the two sides of the loop using something like a small crochet hook and pull it out until the loop is long enough to go over the foot. I would start with a foot as there aren't little fingers to break!

If you are going to restring with new elastic, I would just cut the elastic!

14. Does anyone have any new photos to share?

15. thank you so much :)

Here's a behind the scenes shot with Charlie:

[​IMG]Untitled by Melissa, on Flickr

16. Adorable!!!