1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue resin yellowing (Bobobie, Resinsoul)?

Jan 6, 2009

1. I'd like to know how yellowing affects the blue skinned Bobobies/Resinsouls. Does it turn them into a greenish color eventually? Has anyone had one long enough to say?

Thank you. :candycane

2. they have only been making the colour about a year ?not much longer
      I have a Blue Moona and a Blue BonBon
      tiny Moona is the oldest of my blue girls , she was one of the first blue resin batches that came out from Bobobie ...she is always out and on display ..in fact she is never far from me
      admitedly NEVER in the full sun ...
      and she is still the same colour as the day I had her , even her finger tips ..and the tinys have very delicate and tiny hands .
      I also have pink and green ..they are all true to colour too
      hope this is a little help

3. I've had a blue bobobie March for almost a year and she's still the same color. I don't put her out in the full sun all day, but I'm not overly careful about it, either. My friend has an MSD bobobie that is also blue and she's never had any problems either.

4. I have a Tinybear Moona, my Myfanwy, she is a year old, blue, always out as well, and no change what so ever. She's the one on the right in my avatar.

5. I just got a blue resinsoul Lan, and this is my first asian bjd ever, so hearing about this concerns me. (Naturally.) If there is any other news, I will try to be on top of it.

6. resinsoul and bobobie are one of the same ..so you should have no problems with her either
      by the looks of things ..were all pretty happy with our blue resin girls :)..and boys ..I have a blue resin Bracken too over a year old and he is fine

7. I'm sure they'll yellow eventually, like all dolls, but if nothing problematic has popped up so far then it's probably not something to worry that strongly about. The only coloured dolls that have had major yellowing issues (Bambicrony misty elves) were made of french resin which is known for its fast yellowing, and the Bobobies use normal urethane resin as far as I'm aware- it's much more stable in terms of yellowing.

8. Bobobie and ResinSoul are partners. Bobobie Dolls' resin is stated to be made with a five year yellowing resistant additive. I've had a normal skin boy since 2007. His color has not changed much at all. in other words he does not have any sort of t-shirt tanline. : P

"Yellowing" is not banana yellow anyway, from what I understand. It is more like a light yellow to the surface. It would probably simply turn the doll's exposed parts a light aqua or something. : )

I have a blue March since summer last year, and I have not noticed any difference in coloration at all.

T

9. My blue Sprite, who I got from junkyspot in June (not sure how long they had her in stock) has changed colour very, very slightly. It isn't noticeable unless you take her headcap off and compare the inside to the rest of her. The colour change is even all over, so you can't tell she's changed unless you know that she started out a little less aqua than she is now. Honestly, it isn't enough of a colour change to really worry about.

10. My blue Weylin is from the first batch of colored dolls that Bobobie made. He has yellowed but it isn't a drastic change. It's only noticeable if I look at the unexposed part of his torso, headcap, etc.

11. I've had the same as Aunesty. I have a blue Mei, and once I undressed her the other day I noticed color change. It's not that bad but maybe that's just because it doesn't bother me that much. It;s definately not "yellow yellow" but there is a color change, which is impossible for me to capture with my camera.

12. All resin will change somewhat over time no matter what, but Bobobie's resin doesn't seem to be particularly reactive. I have a NS, blue, dark tan and BW and the only one that has any noticeable change is the BW, but I've had her for a year and am her third owner. Even then, the yellowing is faint changing her from a stark paper white to a mellower off white. So far all the others look good, though I'm sure my NS could use a good bath, lol. I think as long as you use the same precautions as you would with any doll (don't display them in a sunny spot, don't expose them to extreme heat, keep them away from cigarette smoke), then you should be just fine.

13. This is so good to know! The Resinsoul and Bobobie blues are so vibrant and enchanting, I'm thinking of getting a Resinsoul Mu and turning him into a frost giant