1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Shiny Fairy/(MW) Junior body discussion part 1

Mar 22, 2010

1. Check out Nine9Style Bunny9 line, it should all or almost all fit Junior dolls. The shoes are a perfect fit too!
      Nine9 Style (clothes of ball jointed doll, BJD)

Angell-Studio also has their own 'tall YoSD' doll size, so some of their clothes in their 1/6 section seems like they'd fit too. I bought the Mori Retro fullset, for example, and it all fit fine, though the leg-holes for the calves were a tight fit. A-S dolls' legs in general seem very skinny, so be careful of pants. I think their shoes are a no-go for them; just some of the clothes.

Check the notes at the bottom of the clothing page along with the pictures to see if it looks Junior-compatible. Their 'tall YoSD' is the 'starry body' I believe. So for example:

"1. Suitable: AS starry body; AS 1/6 normal body, Yo-sd size . Pls check the measurements for its ability to other brands. (PS: it would be a little bigger for 1/6 normal body, so we add two pins for you)"

AS- 1/6 Baby Angell Studio En

Good luck! Glad to see people ordering tan Juniors! I'm ordering a tan JR May girl myself and SO EXCITED. If Bunny and A-S weren't here to help supply her with clothes, the decision would have been a lot harder for me!

<3 ali

2. Thanks so much Ali for the info! I appreciate it! do you know if the Iplehouse KID clothing fit them as well?...I love the May sculpt...had a hard time deciding which one to choose so I finally decided on Clare and a Minoru for my daughter:)...can't wait for them.<3!

3. Yay, Tan Jrs!
      Can anyone tell me if Bluefairy accepts Paypal and if so, do I do a manual payment and notify through their Q&A? I'd prefer that since I could choose Paypal credit as I know BF doesn't offer layaway and this is a short release time frame for me.

4. You can definitely pay with Paypal. I think there is an automatic link at the bottom of the order page.

5. When you place an order, you get their paypal adress, and the order number. You will then have to go to paypal yourself, and put in the correct amount and info.

6. Oh goody, that's exactly what I was hoping, thanks!

7. I'm excited to see everyone's Baked Shinies and Juniors! *o*
      I'm jumping in on this late. I have been second-guessing my choice of sculpt.. But now it has been settled - Leila will join my collection!
      Her character calls for a short body, so the standard girl body will be my choice, even though Leila's face looks a little more mature and suits the Junior body better in some ways.. I think it will work out nicely anyhow! :D

Yes, the shipping is a bit of a painful price jump. EMS rates are increasing in June, and of course they have to charge according to when the completed dolls will be sent out, so unfortunately this is the first time a lot of us are seeing the new, higher rates.

8. What size shoes does everyone buy for their Junior bodied shinyfairy? Do they fit into MSD or Yo shoes?

I just got my Jaden girl in yesterday! I'm very in love with her but I'm not crazy about the size of her eyes (not sure what size they are but her pupil fills up the entire eye) Does anyone have pics they could share of different sized eyes on shinyfairies? Thanks!

9. Their feet are too large for YoSD and too small for MSD; they're basically right in the middle between the two. The only shoes that I know fit them are BlueFairy's Jr size shoes themselves and Nine9Style's Bunny9-range shoes. The Bunny9 shoes luckily have a good variety and they fit absolutely PERFECTLY, so I highly recommend them. They are quite nice quality as well!

As for eyes, if they seem too big, just try going down a size, that should probably do it. Each SF face sculpt is different and may have different eyewell sizes; May has some of the biggest, for example, being so wide-eyed. Even the heads themselves can be slightly different sizes from each other. Jaden I think is one of the slightly smaller-sized heads, being from the original JR line of sculpts from MinoruWorld.

<3 ali

10. Gosh it took me ages to find this thread! I keep coming back to Bluefairy dolls but I've yet to but the bucket and buy one (I have two pocket fairies). It's nice looking at everyone's photos.

11. Glad you found us, @smudge ! My Baked Shiny Faiy Leila just arrived in the mail yesterday, but I wasn't expecting her until early September! I'm assembling her this morning and can hardly wait to share photos. Her faceup is so pretty, and so far the body seems to be really nice despite Bluefairy's concerns about their new baked standards. Should have her all assembled soon :D

#831 Lokinta, Aug 12, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    12. Hi all,
      Been ages since I was active in the doll community, and obviously a lot has changed since then :) I was looking forever for the MW Junior discussion thread, but now I understand that it is this one :) I have some questions though as I don't find any info on the Bluefairy site, I am terrible at searching ...

Are they still selling the Junior body or only the smaller SF body?
      And, anyone know how the resin for the newer bodies matches the older MW Junior heads? And I'm thinking about heads from 2009/2010...

13. Hi, @Katrine ! It's so nice to see more new faces in the thread! ^o^ Welcome!
      The Junior body is still available in the same form as it originally was. It is still single-jointed, the same sculpts (boy, girl, and blossom/larger bust girl) and they are now sold in the original "Normal" resin color along with Bluefairy's Beauty White. You can order Baked (tan) color only during "Baked Preorder" periods.
      On the BluefairyInt website, click on ShinyFairy to go to their department, select a sculpt you would like to view, then choose the Junior body. You might have to use the email address at the bottom of the page to inquire about ordering a body without a head, if that is your preference.

I own one Junior, a Minoru, who I thought was older, but she is from 2014 after all. Huh! Hopefully someone else will have an older Minoruworld and can offer some insight about your question!

Here is a photo of my Baked Shiny Fairy's default faceup! I love the orangey colors a lot!
      I assembled the body but her legs are a bit floppy. I couldn't pull the strings tight enough because I hurt the thumb of my dominant hand at work last night. I will have to tighten up that elastic a little bit later. The assembly kit seems to have been short by one small s-hook, so that is the final hangup to having her all complete. That's such a minor thing, I wouldn't even call it a complaint. She came so early I don't have any of her clothes ready yet! But how could one complain about that either? Positively thrilled! :D

[​IMG]

#833 Lokinta, Aug 12, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    14. @Lokinta the default face up really looks nice on the baked skin! oh I wish I had a doll in that gorgeous color :D!!!

I have no experience with the junior body, but I did play with my new Shiny fairy body enough to do a little review. Can't figure out if I need to tighten the elastic a bit more or not,, but you can read my impressions on it here:
      Review: BF Shiny Fairy body – Fantasy woods

15. @Lokinta thank you for the welcome:-) once upon a time I was more active in the old Minoruworld Junior thread, but then I sold my Minoru junior girl in 2011 :-(

Anyway, it is great to be back! Thanks for clarifiying - it helps a lot! I love your baked version doll. Amazing color!!

@Ellesmera Thank you! I read the review of the SF body, it looks really cute! And as I remember the Junior body, it looks about the same when it comes to pose ability. Perhaps even better:-)

16. She's gorgeous! Which sculpt is she. Did you request for her to be sent out loose or are they not putting the dolls together now?

17. Thanks! I think so too, and can take credit for none of it so far! ;D
      I ordered her without the assembly option on the order placement page. It was a $20 additional charge for assembly, and since I kind of know how to do it, I opted to put that money toward other items for her.
      When I ordered a TinyFairy back in February, the option of assembly came with a carrying case. In this ShinyFairy order, though, a case was not part of the assembly option. There was no motive for me to spend those extra dollars.

I also agree with everything in @Ellesmera 's review, right on! Nice little write-up! As always ^_^

The Junior body which I have seemed more poseable than the ShinyFairy body in my mind, so I checked it out. As far as joint mobility and angles:
      • Their shoulders, hips, elbows, knees, hands, and torso joints appear to have completely the same maximum angles and range.
      • ShinyFairy looks up higher than Junior (this may be due to wear on my Junior, the difference is nearly negligible)
      • ShinyFairy can raise her toes higher than Junior (Again, it is a slight difference of only a couple of degrees)

My hypothesis is that Junior's longer arms, hands, torso, legs, and feet make their poses look and feel more dramatic than the short-limbed Shiny. The joint structure and functionality of each of the two bodies is rather similar, it's only that extra length that makes their motions bigger. :thumbup

18. @Lokinta The carrying bag was included in the assembly option. But since I chose that option I didn't get the doll box and pillows.
      [​IMG]

19. Huh! I didn't get a box either, just the cardboard shipping box and bubble wrap. I wonder how people get the box, then! Had I known the carrier was included I would have bought one.. :XD:

20. Is that assembly or not assmebled option just for baked dolls? When I ordered my normal skin May there was no such option.

@Lokinta thanks for sharing your thoughts on the junior body!