1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Shiny Fairy/(MW) Junior body discussion part 1

Mar 22, 2010

1. Your Koume is adorably cute with those eyes looking up! Now you've got me wanting to hunt down the latest Dollybird edition because of that cute mini kuma.

2. yoake- wow, your girl is really adorable! :D Is that the standard BF faceup?

3. reggie: Thank you! X3 Hee, it's volume 14. A glorious book on Alice in Wonderland!

skwerlie: Thank you so much~ X3 Yes, she has the standard BF faceup. I love the way they painted her little mouth.

4. yoake, your Koume is adorable little girl. ^^

Here is a picture from my Nikolas. ^^ He is a cute little boy.

[​IMG]

5. Here's a picture of my Benjamin, Christoffer. I will probably end up re-doing his faceup... or at least parts of it.

[​IMG]

6. Ooo timchener, your Christoffer looks so cute! I love those button eyes. ^^ <3

7. xaya: Nikolas looks adorable! He has such an innocent gaze and I like the way you posed him!

timchener: What a manly boy he is! Love his cute black ruffled hair~

8. Ah! I was wondering when they'd get around to making a 27cm doll! I'm glad they finally did, I think they are fabulous!

9. I have a BF SF May boy and I'm really not that fond of either the style (nothing like the company photos) or fit (covers the top of his ears) of his default wig. Does anyone have any recommendations for which wigs fit Shinyfairies well?
      He's a gorgeous little boy, I just don't like his wig.

10. Alright, I have a couple of Shiny Fairy-related questions.
      I'm considering buying an SF Benjamin sometime in the near future (To be my first doll). Firstly, how flexible are they? A friend of mine has a doll that's slightly bigger, but she wasn't very flexible, which bugged me. I know you can do sueding or whatever it's called to make them hold positions better, but I'd rather not have to do something like that. (I don't trust myself to do a good job...:sweat)

Secondly, how portable are they? (Weird question, I know...) I'd like to be able to carry the doll around easily. Like, in my purse or something. That way it would make outings easier. :3

The reason I ask this is because I'm caught between two sculpts: Benjamin and a PukiPuki Cupid. From what I've seen, the Pukis are very flexible and very portable (people apparently carry them around in eyeglass cases??), and are less expensive. (The basic Cupid is around $150, while the basic Benjamin is $230.) However, I like the way that Benjamin looks over Cupid. So I'm torn. *_*

Any help would be appreciated! :lol:

11. LeChibi
      1. No, all of Bluefairy dolls are not flexible since they are single-jointed but I found them great at sitting and standing straight if they're well strung.
      Tho, all of them have such adorable faces and BF's resin is very smooth and has beautiful color.

2. No, they are not that portable as PukiPuki. Shiny Fairy is 27 cm tall and won't fit in a purse. But can fit in an oversized hand bag.

Hope this helps you get the picture.
      The biggest girl in this pic is Shiny Fairy May. The two tiny boy and girl there are Pocket Fairies which are slightly bigger (3 cm taller) than PukiPuki.
      [​IMG]

12. LeChibi - I would have to second what Turbow has said. When comparing a ShinyFairy with an FL PukiPuki (and I have one of each) the PukiPuki would win for flexibility due to their double joints and portability simply as far as size and weight are concerned. Howevver, their smaller magnetic parts such as their hands and feet are a little more fragile and might be more easily fall-off and be lost in a handbag if you're not careful, whereas all ShinyFairy parts are strung on with elastic.
      In the end it comes down to a matter of aesthetic preference - and personally I love all of BFs ShinyFairy sculpts and FLs PukiPukis... they are all little resin cuties in their own right. :)

13. Stilll hoping someone might help me with my wig dilema - anyone have a non-BF wig on their ShinyFairy?

14. Oh, right! I was meaning to answer you also but somehow forgot. Sorry!
      So far I have had my ex-SF May wore wigs from LeekeWorld Dollga and RosenLied Tuesday's child, and she could wear them beautifully :)
      And my friend have had her SF May wore wigs from Luts and they fit also.

15. Thank you, turbow. So the Leekeworld 6-6.5 wigs are a good fit? Wonderful! They have one of the best ranges in that size too.
      So with regards to the Luts wigs, though, is that the Honey Delf size wigs that fit, if you mind me asking?
      Thank you so much:)

16. Yup, LeekeWorld 6-6.5 wigs fit perfectly as well as Luts Honey Delf size :3

17. Wonderful, thank you so much turbow. I think I will try a Leekeworld W111_D in Eve-cream then to see how that goes then. ~ >-< Thank you :)

18. Man, if they made a pocket fairy Benjamin my life would be complete. DX Would sueding help improve his flexibility at all? Or at least help hold poses better? (sorry for all the weird questions, I'm still a newbie to all this stuff. XD)

19. JenKat, sounds like you have made up your mind on Leeke wigs (must post pics!) but for anyone else interested I find the Minoru World Junior Fairy wigs fit them nicely too, actually. Worth checking out the Fairyland LittleFee ones too, they also work well. I've been planning to upload pics here. Also, just a note, but I found Luts Honey Delf wigs didn't fit too good, but maybe I was just unlucky. I really like the Luts ones, so Turbow, you have given me hope to try again!

LeChibi, I haven't tried it myself, but wiring is supposed to help on BF dolls. They don't pose as well as Fairyland dolls ( I did a review here if it's of any use to you > http://angeldolls.co.uk/blog/?p=587 ) but they are lovely quality & have extremely cute molds. Haven't you seen any Pocket Fairies you like then? I think they pose pretty well actually (compared to SF & TFs) & if you are looking for a very small doll then that's the way to go maybe...or have you just fallen in love with Benjie? ^_~

20. SarahRachel: wiring? Seems to ring a bell. I'll need to find a tutorial for that. *searches*
      anyways, I considered the Pocket Fairies, but for some reason they don't show pictures on the BlueFairy website? On my computer, anyways. And I haven't done any real digging to find pics around DoA. I LOVE Benji (I think I'm going to use that name from now on...:D), especially the face and skin tone. I fell in love the second I saw his face on the BF website. XD But the reason I'd like to get a Puki or Pocket Fairy is because of the sheer portability. I love the idea that I can just keep one in my purse, and whip him/her out whenever I want for a quick photo-op. If I get Benji (and I will, eventually), I'd use them to make outfits for/photograph. I'd like to get both Benji and a smaller one eventually, what I'm trying to decide which one to get first. Especially since I'm in a weird financial situation right now (college).

Oh well, I've got plenty of time to decide. The earliest I can probably buy a doll will be around Christmas. :/