1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. Not a fan of Sean, so I feel safe, hahaha.

2. I was wondering that too! He looks funny as a preorder by himself.

3. Sean isn't a part of the standard monthly rotation (according to their schedule), so he has his own separate ordering time frame. If you want him, I would either try to get him now or contact BF about his future availability.

ETA: I wonder if Helen on the rotation is supposed to be Ellen? Also, have we met Ein and Gray yet?

4. I'd guess they mean Ellen and I believe we haven't met Ein and Gray, besides, out of the 12 TF listed on their schedule, only 10 are shown in the TF section of the website.

5. I’ve never seen Blue Fairy so disorganized... and if Sean is a special, then it’s strange that he’s not the Monthly Special for July? And that he doesn’t come with a limited outfit? He’s just a naked Tiny Fairy?

Also, they just had a preorder for BF Friend dolls (Nina and Garnet) last week, and now a preorder for Sean this coming week, and then it’ll be July Monthly Preorder in two weeks??? Strange....

And you’re right, we haven’t seen Ein, Grey, or Shiny Fairy Mirae yet. Ellen is probably Helen, because there’s a “Chalie” in the lineup that is also a typo.

6. Oh wow, that's a very mature shape. Very broad shoulders. The elbows look nice , but I'm so far behind on the newer bodies I don't know what is improved.

7. I'm not so sure about those broad shoulders and pinched in waist, it looks unnatural.

i do wish we'd get a few more happy looking sculpts. All the recent ones look so melancholy.

8. Thank you for posting this. Recently I was curious about the Knight and Blooming Body, since I haven't seen owner picture of those; now a new body type... I don't know, I would need to see a comparison before considering those new bodies seriously

I would love more happy sculpts <3

9. Oof, the new body.... :sweat i don’t think it matches well with the soft/sweet/youthful faces that comprise their lineup.

And i agree with the comment about melancholy faces lately! They’re all so sad and serious :(

10. Aw, double posting again.

Over on Instagram, Blue Fairy announced a new Tiny Fairy “Aiden” who will be on sale July 20-24. It’s another weird one, like Sean, in that it’s not part of the lineup they talked about at the end of last year, and that it’s a Special Preorder, instead of part of the monthly preorders.

I can’t link the pic, but I can link the link! Aiden preview on Instagram

(I reeeeeally hate the makeup style they chose!)

11. He is kind of cute, but yeah the faceup is quite different from their usual natural style.

Did anyone end up buying Sean?

12. I'm not a fan of open mouth sculpts and that faceup is quite um... over saturated which I don't think helps. The lips bug me, a lot.

See Sean I think is kinda cute but Aiden? Big nope from me.

Seriously though, bf, when you gonna do a new HAPPY looking doll? I mean I like a sulky doll but I feel sorry for the tiny fairies because pretty much all of them look miserable now.

13. Don't like it at all. I don't know if the makeup style makes him look bad, but I'm not interested...

Maybe his cuteness could be appreciated with the natural faceup :( but now I'll pass

Let's wait for that happy doll!!

14. The new Tender body and Aiden are both up on Blue Fairy’s website.

What is Blue Fairy doing??? That mature body looks so at odds with the sweet baby face of Sean on it! And wow, the dramatic vampire-style makeup on Aiden.... is Blue Fairy changing artistic direction, or something? I like the sweet, understated makeup and youthful faces they’ve been giving us this whole time!

15. I think it's great that they offer different body types (I'm not a fan of the new mature ones), but I'm afraid that they will discontinue the older bodies, just as they did with the classic ones.
      If they are pursuing a new artistic direction, I think that the new face-ups shouldn't make them look like baby-faces in super mature bodies.
      Honestly, I don't know, BlueFairy is my favorite company due to their childish and natural aesthetics; but I agree that they are making some weird decisions.

16. I kinda wish they’d adopt the Daydream version of different bodies— the shorter boy and girl with the “regular” sized boy and girl. I think the mature bodies are at odds with the soft/youthful faces. Like, if I wanted a “mature mini”, I would pick a company that specializes in that. I don’t even like the Full Blossom rack :sweat:sweat

The childish faces/bodies are why I like Blue Fairy so much! They’re cute/pretty, but any more realistic or mature tips them into the Uncanny Valley for me. When they stop looking like “dolls” and start looking like little art sculpture people (idk does that make sense?), that’s when I’m outta there.

Also, this is awful of me, but Aiden looks like a doll who is a split second away from sneezing.

17. I actually like the way the new body looks, a way to get a broader body but it's still very stylized and not super realistic, and Sean looks fine on it to me? I suppose I've never seen BF sculpts as BABY faces and their bodies aren't childish to me. They're just like anime characters to me, who could be 13 or they could be 29 and still have the same face.

Aiden is cute, though I don't like the way they overpainted his lips. I do like that they've got some color in the faceup, though.

18. Hi guys! Sorry for barging in but I need help identifying a Tiny Fairy on BF’s official site, it is this wig model:

Bluefairy International-I will always be here for you

Is it Tommy? I can’t tell but she is sooo cute! :D I am still so enamoured with the Tiny Fairies even after many years. I only own one so far, a beautiful white Sarang, but haven’t taken any new pictures of her in quite some time. I feel the need for another one though and am thinking about another girl in the “true” white skin.
      Oh and I have another question: I see that BF now sells the classic TF hands, does that mean that they sell the classic body again...? I am confused about the body options in the drop down menu, there are so many different bodies but no pictures! :doh I remember having trouble when I ordered my girl some years ago because I couldn’t tell what body she would come with. She came with the then new doublejointed body but I’d REALLY like the classic body for my new girl. Can anyone explain the difference between the body options please? And maybe link some pictures of the bodies somewhere? I wish Bluefairy was better organised! :sweat

#279 Zomboid, Jul 17, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    19. Looks like Tommy to me :)
      I didn't know about the classic hands. My guess is that only that part is available, but I haven't seen the classic body available for a long time.
      A few weeks ago, I was trying to figure out the current body types, but I think that some pictures are missing; I'll check again after work.