1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. It looks like Bluefairy clarified this! The notice now reads:

Due to the limited quantity, cancellation is not possible after ordering, and if canceled, you cannot participate in future order making.

Which makes a lot of sense IMHO. ^^

Looks like the monthly order is sold out now, but it certainly wasn't a click war or a test of one's internet speed. I was able to get in my order without any difficulty. :)

2. Thank you for the update!!! I was wondering the same, good thing that BlueFairy clarified it.

3. glad to hear you got your order in!
      I look forward to seeing some more uncommon dolls heh.

4. Guys! My google photos just told me that 11 years ago this week, I received my first bjd, a jasmine. Just had to share. :)

5. Ah, thanks! I've been wanting a Tommy for ages, so excited to get him. ^^ I wonder if anyone else on DoA is expecting a new TF from this order too! <3

@skyealloway ~ oh, how neat, happy dolliversary! I've seen your Jasmine on Flickr, I really love her unique look! So cute and sassy.

6. @skyealloway Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

@Dolly Congratulations on Tommy, he is cute!

Congratulations for everyone who managed to order new Tinyfairy or purchase any Bluefairy dolls from marketplaces etc. :)

I wasn't paying attention to the order period buuuut I guess I can wait for another opportunity. I will be doing maintenance f.e. cleaning and re-stringing all my current dolls. Girls first and then boys, for some reason I have more girls than boys in all sizes. ^^;;; I basicly have to re-string with old strings after cleaning becouse I already ran out of new elastics after the first ones. Everyone needs at least one new, arms or body elastics. Also what can be seen is some clearly are dirtier and thus handled more.

7. Thank you so much for this update!^^, yes, this makes a lot of sense now XDDD

Congrats on your Tommy!, I hope you receive him soon <3

8. I would love to see your beautiful TFs, can I please get some spam?

@xaya how your maintenance going? <3 I hope we can see your beauties here soon^^.

@NeonLanterns do you have any shipping notice?

I have the feeling it will take very long time until my girls are ready to ship..., this will be very hard..

In the meanwhile I just wanted to share with you my beloved Juana, she is very impatient too to see her sisters *____*

[​IMG]

9. @brighteyes22 there’s still no shipping notice for me yet ):

here’s hoping I’ll get a shipping notice in next month!

10. @NeonLanterns I hope that too! I think it will take longer than expected to get my girls too...

Can I get please get some spam?

Juana enjoying the autumn❤️
      [​IMG]

11. Thank you, xaya! :)

@brighteyes22 ~ Ah, Juana is so cute! :D I love sculpts with that "cat" eye shape, and the autumn scenery is so relaxing.

I hope everyone's little ones ship promptly! I'm not too familiar with BF, but I get the idea that they aren't (?) as glacially slow as some companies tend to be. Let's cross our fingers. ^^

#391 Dolly, Oct 31, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    12. @Dolly Thank you so much! I am so glad you like my Juana! ^__^, yes, I love the cat shape too so much!! <3

Last time I ordered in Bluefairy was much much faster than nowadays, I remember first dolls I bought in october 2009 and they arrived just in two weeks!! Then in 2015 they needed to ship them out about one month, and now as i can see it takes about 3 months, and sometimes longer...

So, yes, we have to be patience, they will arrive at some point :) I cross my fingers too! *___*

Here is another shot of my Juana and the little hand of one of my daughters can be seen too XDDD. When I was taking the photo she was just saying Juana is so beautiful *__*, my daughter will turn 4 years old soon^^.

[​IMG]

13. i wonder what the point of their very limited release schedule is if they're taking upwards of 3 months anyway then. When I ordered my boy a few years ago it took a month which felt right given you had literally 12 days to put an order in and then they could just batch cast stuff.

14. @purple_monkfish yes, I had the same experience like you a few years ago.

I ordered Sarang and Olive and I think they will take 3 months each to be produced. I wonder what could be the reason for this. I do not think honestly that they have massive orders each month like other companies like FL for example, maybe they are a small number of workers, who knows.

15. Maybe they've just had less staff than usual. Hard to say.
      But I was under the impression the wierd short order period was specifically to keep wait times down.

I keep intending to get a friend for my Louis but other things keep jumping the queue lol. Whoops?

16. Hi everybody ^__^. I have a question, I am trying to add a TF May to my shopping card but it is not possible, I have tried many times but it did not work.

I contacted Bluefairy but still got no reply, maybe they reply tomorrow. Do you have the same issue?

Also the skin color option do not have the option for "basic" only "light basic"... is this the same for you?

17. I just tried adding May to my cart, too, and every option i picked, an empty dialogue box popped up and i had to select “OK” to continue. After choosing skin color/makeup/body/etc, i clicked “Add To Cart” and nothing happened.

So it looks like Blue Fairy’s website is having some kind of problem. :( It’s good that you’ve contacted them about it! Just check back throughout the day, and see if you can add to your cart later.

18. Just speculation on the wait time stuff-

Definitely back in 2008 you could order a "basic line" doll and have it within a week, which leads me to believe that they kept them in stock, although I don't know for sure. At the time, there were very few bodies- I believe just girl, boy, and blossom, and at some point, dandy was added, and then gentle and full blossom. At the time, there were only two categories of dolls- Pocket Fairy and Tiny Fairy. They did limited sets also, and those had longer processing periods.

Over time, their offerings expanded. Now there's Shiny Fairy, Junior Fairy, 1/3 Blue Fairy, Milky Fairy, Pocket Fairies with taller bodies, the Friends offerings... There are maaaany more sculpts, parts, and skin tones now, too. They also seem to do a lot more collaboration work with seamstresses and faceup artists. Don't forget that BlueFairy also expanded in terms of having sort of... "sister" sites (not all of these remain)??? Like Minoru World, Sora no Iro, and... Actually, I'm not sure what the Bluefairy/Daydream relationship was? They also have/had some brick and mortar locations, like the BlueFairy cafe.

In short, theoretically Bluefairy could return to a place where they keep a ten doll standard lineup for two doll lines in stock, plus the occasional limited release that requires ~3 months to process. But they would have to get rid of many of the things they offer/their offshoot ventures/their collaborative endeavors/their options, and we might never have seen a lot of the sculpts we have now. There's a tradeoff between offering just a few things and getting them out quickly and offering many things, but never being able to keep any of it in stock.

It seems like they chose diversity, which is... Frankly, the only viable choice. If they only had two lineups with 10 standard dolls each, eventually, collectors would buy them all and... have nothing else to purchase from Bluefairy. The downside to this diversity is increased processing time, even with ordering schedules and limits in place.

Also, keep in mind that everything is delayed this year, due to the global pandemic. For example, in my area, it's very difficult to purchase large appliances right now, and those are mass-produced.

19. @Peppermintsheep thank you so much!, yes this is the same problem with me with options too... I hope they fix this soon.

@bronzephoenix It makes sense all what you say, in fact I guess this is the normal way to produce dolls and of course to keep diversity, so I am fine with long waiting. The first dolls I ordered from Bluefairy are back in 2009 and a lot of things have changed since then ^__^

20. Hey this is strange: i’m Only getting that dialogue box/problems adding to cart is when i pick “Light Basic” for Tiny Fairies. If you pick a different skin tone, you can put the doll in your cart. If you pick a different sized doll, you can choose the Light Basic skin option.

Weird!!