1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. Hi, just updating my prior post -- Dolk just notified me that my TF May has shipped from Korea today.

2. I just got the email notice that mine shipped, too! Hooray, I didn’t have to ask :sweat

3. Since the OrderMade sale is about to open, I was wondering how exactly the payment/ordering process works at Bluefairy?? Do I have to make an account on their site? Sorry if these are kind of silly questions I just want to make sure I do it right and when I saw the talk about how to pay through Paypal earlier I got a little confused haha

4. @huiaiz hi there! Yes, you’ll have to make an account with Blue Fairy to make an order. And paying through Paypal is easy, but the option is not very straightforward. Go ahead and make an account if you're interested, because it seems that Blue Fairy is going to be on an irregular schedule soon.

5. @huiaiz
      from what i remember you just make your order with your account and use the private payment option on the sidebar?
      i think it seems more complicated than it is, but bluefairy is very nice and will help you on the Q&A board if you're having any trouble. :>

also did anyone else see the layaway option at checkout?????
      i'm asking bluefairy about it because i wanna order a bf and a tf in tan but without my stimulus check coming in it's hopeless T___T
      i've been waiting since his first release for a tan allan option and if this falls through because of some bureaucracy nonsense i think i'll pass out! T____T

6. Yes, I've used their layaway option. The deposit must be 30% of the final ammount and you have 4 months to finish all payments. You need to notify BlueFairy that you made the payments or the order status won't be update (I include the transaction ID so they can find it quickly).
      I've completed one order with layaway and now I'm paying a new one with this option, I highly recommend it.

7. Thank you guys for the answers!! I'm about to order a TF Sean in normal skin but I just want to make sure that it'll go through correctly... The private payment button that @mangameow mentioned doesn't seem to do anything for me no matter what page of the site I'm on, but when I click 'Bank Deposit' on the checkout page there's a drop-down that says paypal so I'm just going to do that. And aaah very sorry but I have one last question — if paying through Paypal, do I still need to post on the message board once I've sent the payment or is that only for layaway payments?

8. If you are paying the whole payment, you don’t have to post a message on their message board (i just include my order number in the message to Paypal). But you can if you want, for your own peace of mind! If you’re doing layaway, leaving a message is probably best.

I wish Blue Fairy had posted photos of all the sculpts they’re offering.... I don’t remember Aiden and Vino very well? I remember they had fierce makeup...

9. oh man, a chance to get rudy? I really like his blank sculpt.

Can I scrape together the money though?

How long do we have? does anyone know? BF tend to do these things for a pretty short window.

10. Alright, I made the order but can someone please talk me through the layaway system? I haven't recieved a confirmation email but the site has my order sitting there waiting for payment.
      Clicking the "private payment" does nothing and I can't see any other options, am I blind?

I understand I need to pay 30%, tell them I have done so, then pay off the rest within 4 months yes? Which is fine, I just need to know HOW to start that off and where to send the money.

11. You have until Thursday end-of-day in US time... Blue Fairy closes Friday in Seoul, and that’s usually middle of the night for US residents.

I’d order sooner rather than later, just in case. Best of luck, @purple_monkfish

12. I'm so confused. Sounds like i did things wrong clicking "layaway" rather than "bank transfer" at checkout. I can't change it now or cancel the order so I suppose my only option is the Q&A and email them if they don't get back to me on that?
      MAAAN, now i remember why I ordered my Louis through a dealer, this is a headache.

13. I just know that Blue Fairy’s paypal email is bluefairyint (at) gmail (dot) com, and the name that pops up is June YoungJoo. Calling @hobbywhelmed for layaway help!!

I think you just send them your 30% payment, with a message saying “First layaway payment for order #” and then a message on the board to confirm that you’ve started layaway. Let us know how it goes— I’m looking i to layaway this time too :’)

14. Hopefully I can get them to clarify, i asked on Q&A. I would very much like this baked skin Rudy. Sounds like it may be the only option to get such a combination if they're stopping regular baked events and i'm very bewildered about their intentions with the "new sculpt" theme specials like Rudy and Vino etc. They seem to not be planned to roll into the regular rotation suggesting we may only see them in special events.
      But we'll see.
      I've decided i'm not gonna risk it though, I missed out on a doll last year because the company wasn't clear about their discontinations and he wasn't on their list and it made me super grumpy so i'd rather make the order now and if they release him some other way, hey cool, but if not, well then I haven't missed out.

IF I can get the order to work.

Fingers crossed!

If they haven't gotten back to me by tomorrow on Q&A i'll email them for clarification. I dunno what time it is there atm, probably not a sociable hour.

15. @purple_monkfish it happened the same to me the first time I selected layaway, I asked them through the Q&A and they said that I have to make the direct payment to their paypal account with the 30% and notify them in the Q&A (just as @Peppermintsheep mentioned). :)

16. Good luck with you order @purple_monkfish :).

Man i really wanted a baked skin Heemang but as this is the month Volks will open their preorder for Charlotte and or Lucia I can't afford to get her too. Plus other annoying "grown up stuff" - bills :eek:.

But I am really looking forward to seeing everyones beauties :).

17. I put my deposit in. I think I messed up shipping and picked the wrong option as it wasn't clear I couldn't use that option for a full doll, but i'm hoping they'll catch that and we'll just add the extra little bit to bump it up to EMS or whatever.

I'm a bit nervous because I do try not to spend over £300 on a single blank doll but ahh well. Life is short, buy things you enjoy right?

What's Blue Fairy's wait time looking like right now? I've only ever ordered via a dealer and only their standard rotation dolls, never one of their specials.

18. @purple_monkfish the wait could be the longer end of 4 months, or it could be as little as 2 months! I don’t know what’s going on at Blue Fairy HQ, but they seem to have become disorganized. I hope they’re alright.

Considering this is their (very scary-sounding) “Last Call” for special dolls... I think they’ll probably be inundated with orders, and the wait times will definitely be on the longer side of things.

Congrats to everyone who ordered! Who did you get? Did you opt for the company faceup, or do you have an artist in mind who will paint your doll? Let’s chat! <3

19. YES, my status updated to "first payment completed"
      That's a relief.

I do my own faceups because I enjoy it heh. I think what i'll probably do is take down my only other BF and redo him as well because I was never totally happy with how I did his lashes.
      Heh.

BUt I now have a first payment on a baked skin Rudy on the Gentle body. My other boy is on the dandy body is quite nice but I like variation.

It should be interesting anyway. Blue Fairy is the first bjd company I ever stumbled across way back in the early 2000s and kinda got me into bjds so I have a special place in my heart for them, despite not having many of their dolls.

20. I got a normal skin Sean on the Blooming body! I'll be doing my own faceup but I picked up one of the random long wigs. I really wanted that last limited sculpt (Bert) but since I missed that order period I figured I might as well get my hands on a Bluefairy while I still can... and Sean fit the character I was thinking of best!

Like @purple_monkfish BF was one of the first BJD companies I found at least five years ago so there's almost a nostalgia factor even though I've never had the chance to own one of their dolls before.