1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. I bought my first bjd— a Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy Jerome— in 2006! Except for 2 dolls from Blue Fairy’s “friend” companies (Celestyn and Dear Belle) and 1 lonely Luts Kid Delf, all of my dolls are Blue Fairies. (Oh wait, I have a few Daydream dolls from when Chloe left Blue Fairy. But still, except for the Kid Delf, all my dolls are “cousins” haha)

It was surprising that Bert wasn’t offered! And there were three dolls that were introduced that sort of never really made an appearance again; Isabell, Allan, and Berry. (Allan showed up with the glam makeup recently, but the other two disappeared, and Berry wasn’t even offered in this last call. Odd!)

I did order Tiny Fairy Liva, but as a girl, with the company faceup. I wish they had posted more pics/blank head pics of everyone. (Otoh, then I probably would have been crying a whole lot more because the decision would be too tough! Lol)

2. woooow 2006 omg? that's one ancient doll!!!! :aeyepop:
      i always forget if i have more bluefairies or fairylands, tho for full dolls it's definitely bluefairies.... FL just hands out those event heads like candy, you know? :lol:
      i'm wondering if they're going to make bert a regular, since he wasn't available and is still new. :oa
      bluefairy sure likes to break out new sculpts and then bury them lately..! O_O
      a shame about berry, though. i do hope they bring her back.
      tho i'm lucky, i was finally able to get my grail!!!!!! a tan allan!!!! ToT<3 (and a tan diana, but she's a size up so OT for this thread but i'm almost equally as excited! :P)
      is liva lisa? i noticed bluefairy has some.... interesting spelling inconsistencies LOL lisa is high on my bf wants list.... i think i'll be going after her next once i get my money in order, if bluefairy ever deigns to bring her back LOL (tho i want her as a boy, for my OC with braces, so that'll be interesting to figure out how to do that on that tiny tiny mouth!! :sweat)
      i'm excited for you to get her, i hope you post lots of pics cuz i don't think i've ever seen anyone else with her ToT
      gosh i'm on a quest to collect every blue fairy and this is all just too much, it's really reinvigorated my collecting spirit! (bad for wallet LOL)

3. Congratulations to everyone that made an order! :)
      My current order with BlueFairy is for other sizes, I'll wait for the new order method to order a new TinyFairy. :D

4. @mangameow oh hey haven’t seen your name in a while! How are you? No, Lisa and Liva (Riva?) are different sculpts! Here’s a pic from their special “Bluefairy Boys Season 3” he’s the brunette in the middle. He looked sweet and I like the smile, but also I get girl dolls bc there’s more clothing and wig options lol

I’m trying to get good at photos so I can post nice ones! Unfortunately, i’m really impatient, so if I don’t get a good pic in the first 8 or so pics I take.... nyeh! :sweat

5. hiiiiiiii hey how've you been..? ^o^
      and yeah the last year or so has been not too great for me unfortunately, though it's been rough for everyone i think u.u
      and ohhh omg?!?? i'm gonna have to addend the bluefairy collectors guide i'm working on...! (i can make that public if anyone wants to work on that with me? it's just a sub-page in my personal wishlist google doc right now, but i can make a public copy! :) ) i've been using BlueFairy Order-Made System but they don't have everything i guess! i was pretty sure but when you're already amassing like 40+ sculpts.... it's pretty easy to miss things! T__T
      and lol that's so true..... all my characters are boys but i always end up playing with my girl dolls more because you can just grab some clothes and wigs and go whereas all my boys need custom everything LOL

that's exciting still, i hope your liva comes soon! ;w;
      did you get her in that ever elusive bluefairy tan? :Da

and omg.... maybe you're taking pics the right way, sometimes i spend an hour taking like 100 and then hate them all ToT

yes congrats to everyone!!! it'll be exciting to see a bunch of new exclusive bf scults! ^o^<3
      does anyone know exactly what the new order method is going to be? i'm having a lot of trouble figuring out exactly what they mean between all the news posts. *_*

6. Yeah congrats to everyone else who ordered!! Hopefully the wait isn't too long...

I was under the impression that BF hasn't announced any kind of new order method yet?? Hopefully I'm wrong tho

But about Bert, I'd be surprised if they offered him again unless they really do some kind of major revamp in the future? I had a friend ask about him in Korean at... the start of March and the way she translated their response made it seem like he wouldn't be coming back — again, really hoping I'm wrong!!

7. I ordered a surprise wig too. Heh. Saves me the hassle of deciding on one.

I don't quite understand why BF do these sculpts and then just... abandon them. I mean the investment of sculpting that, making molds, why wouldn't you get every penny you could out of that work? Maybe they plan to use those ones as special "theme specials" or "monthly specials" instead? So they retain some exclusive element? It would be very odd NOT to reuse them just because of the investment you know?

I'm curious about the new order method and whether it'll be more arcane than their current one lol. Honestly I find their order periods quite stressful because it's such a tiny window of time (when I got my Louis it was literally a three day window that month. THREE DAYS!?? what?) I mean I get it, taking all the orders right at the start of the month means you can work on them through that month without interuption but it does mean as a buyer you need to be super organised.

I'm now trying to rejig my doll plans for the year. I didn't really have a plan as such, or rather, I DID but Doll Chateau scuppered it by discontinuing a sculpt with no notice at all (just poof, gone). But another BF wasn't really on my radar lol. They snuck this one up on me for sure. But i'm pleased anyway because i've been wanting to get a companion for my Louis for a while (he's the only doll in that style in my collection. All my others are more modern slim msd who stylistically are quite different to bf's more simplistic faces) and was umming and ahhing over it.

If my maths is correct and BF are as efficient as they usually seem to be, I should be seeing this boy and the body I ordered for my DIM floating head (it's a dfh body) around the same time. Which will be cool.

8. I jumped to order a TF Elliot. Would have wanted a Lin too, but even a layaway obligation has to have limits!

I did ask about future ordering. My concern was if from now on the sales would be dolls only sold as full-sets. (Their clothing is lovely, but I'm not that elegant. My lot go into jeans and tees and other casualwear I can find, for the most part.) This was the reply. It's not entirely clear, seems to be saying there will be some kind of monthly sales, but what do you make of it:
      @Peppermintsheep - my Kyle dates from 2006, and is still doing well, although he went from being an initial blond to a brunette! I also have a Jerome, but he is from pre-2006. It appears that the earliest BF normal tone was the same yellow-ish tone as Angel Region, who they also casted (and designed?) and switched to pinker in 2006.

9. So what do you think of TF May (clothed mouth)?
      She's lovely and I am happy to see the option for baked skin :). I was worried they might stop offering it.

10. Oh no she’s cute :love I love the curls on the bangs/fringe of the wig, too!

11. She's really cute!! I wonder if this is how they're going to be doing order periods from now on?

12. if this is how they're doing order periods now (limited fullset every month?) i think it's an interesting idea. i'm very glad they're offering baked skin, hopefully they'll be finally joining the modern age of offering it for all releases! TwT
      i have a milky fairy minimay closed mouth and they're ADORABLE, i'll be interested to see the TF size if anyone here grabs one! :>

13. She is interesting, but I'm definitely prefer the classic version with open mouth (my wallet is safe).

14. I am telling myself “She looks like other Blue Fairies you have... besides, you just out in an order last month!”

I think that offering a limited fullset every month is probably what it’s going to look like from now on... tbh, I don’t understand the business model, but I wish them the best.

Also: the little head stand “for boys”? I think it’s strange to offer it *now* that they’re not selling option/blank parts. I imagine it would be useful for faceup artists, but.... now? What do you all think?

15. I am seriously tempted by her but I really shouldn't *_*. But I mean it's going to be pure luck from now on. Yet eventually they are going to release another Tiny Fairy I love (and who is available in baked skin).

And I agree that it's kinda weird they are selling the head stand now. It would have made more sense to release them a few months earlier.

16. Well, May is a classic with the teeth for me. I love her, but I don't think the closed mouth May is for me. She's cute tough. :) I've not done much with my Tinyfairies for ages but I should get back to sewing soon and sew some clothes for them too. I bought a really pretty necklace for Kaisla (Midsummer Night's Dreaming Lin) and should make her a dress to go with it.

17. Does anyone here own a baked skin doll from Bluefairy? Would it be possible to get an accurate picture of the skin tone?
      That would be so appreciated :love.

18. I think the same way.
      I hope BF will back to selling TF heads option/blank parts. This head stand look sooo tempted!

19. How can I pay with credit card or Paypal? I am trying to order May but I can only choose between Paygate (whatever that is), bank transfer (way too expensive) and layaway plan.

20. I'm apparently all paid up for Rudy so now I am just waiting to see how long it takes for him to get made.
      exciting.
      Kinda.. nerve wracking because they have absolutely no time scale.

If you have an account you can click layaway plan and then contact them via the Q&A, they'll give you the paypal address and you can pay either in one large sum or up to three payments. Hope that helps!