1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. Oh yeah I ordered my doll blank and normal skin so that's probably why it's earlier? I hope you guys see your shipping notifs soon though!!

2. Mine is blank but yeah, i'm gonna assume they'll do the normal skin ones, the beauty white and THEN the baked, depending on how many baked orders they got.
      I believe most companies tend to batch cast so they mix up one big batch of resin in the most requested colour, cast those, move on the next. Which makes sense from a production perspective, it'd be far quicker and more efficient to batch cast than run down the list in order.

Still, hopefully soon.

My DFH order shipped a few days ago unexpectedly (another I wasn't expecting till July) so hopefully BF can surprise me with a June dispatch too heh.

3. Oh, they really did mean the second monday. The June sculpt is BF Alice Valentine!

I do wish they’d show more/varied pics of these new sculpts... it’s hard to make a decision from just two pics. :?

4. She’s sooo pretty…. does anyone know if she’s a size up of another sculpt?

5. I think she’s her own sculpt, but she does have a mouth similar to Louis, and with the Valentine eyes, those are more similar to Louis now, too. However, I think her face is more rounded/flatter? Than most of the Tiny Fairy sculpts.

I think the only “real” sized up sculpts are Miley/Sarang (and we don’t know why they changed her name lol), May, and Olive. When they introduced Blue Fairies, it was Lunar, Henry, Daniel, Alice, and Diana... it seemed like they wanted to have entirely new sculpts for their new line? But since they’ve added their three most popular Tiny Fairy sculpts to the BF line... maybe they found that people weren’t terribly interested in big brand-new faces?

6. My Sean arrived this morning! I haven't really taken any photos since she doesn't have anything of her own yet LOL but she got here safely! Does anyone else have a doll on the blooming body and know what clothes would fit best..?

7. From your box opening thread, it looks like you sew your own doll clothes? You’re doing better than I am, lol!

If you don’t mind loose clothing, Volks brand clothes for MSDs are quite roomy and will accommodate large chests, but if you’re hoping for something more fitted... try Luts?

Luts is having their big summer sale event, and their Kid Delfs are comparable in size to Tiny Fairies, so you’ll have some luck there, too. Just watch out— their Model Delfs are the same height as Tiny Fairies, but they’re a “slim MSD” size, so their clothes are much tighter and won’t fit, but they file their Model and Kid clothes in the same category. There’s also the new Kid Delf 45 that I don’t quite know if they’re just taller? Or taller and slimmer? So stick to Kid Delf clothes specifically (if you’re interested in Luts’ clothing.)

Nine9 also sells nice clothes, and they sell a lot of their stock through Luts, but they do have their own website. And that’s the extent of my knowledge lol.

8. It’s me... the double poster XD

It looks like Blue Fairy opened up pre-orders for their friend’s company dolls, Celestyn’s “Nina” and “Graham” are open for orders!

I do have Nina, the shiny fairy/yosd size doll... she’s really cute!

9. Hmmm are they back to their old schedule? Or maybe they got a lot of requests to make the old sculpts available again.
      I just hope they are doing this to be free to release whatever they want and not because they are struggling. It could also be desperate reorganisations. But I am not familiar enough with the (local) market to say.

Reminds me that I was considering getting a Heemang this spring.

10. Blue Fairy's schedule just bewilders me honestly.
      I can't make heads or tails of it.

Anyone got a dispatch notice yet by the way? I'm impatient for my Rudy dangit!

In the meantime, I won a Robin head on ebay and he's now painted up and waiting for a body lol. He gave me some trouble, i've never painted an open mouthed doll before and he was fighting me.
      I'm also substantially more accustomed to painting dolls with more defined features. BF, much like Luts, have quite soft features and not overly defined lips which is a challenge for me.

So i'm a bit nervous about painting Rudy now.

11. Okay, so this isn’t their regular lineup... but All Smiles for July is cute! I’m glad to see them selling their regular dolls... a brand new face every month was giving me a serious case of FOMO-itis!

And Of D’s one and only doll Garnet is available, too, if you’re interested in shiny/junior fairy size. She comes on a Blue Fairy body; Of D only sculpted the head. Also, her head is a little smaller than regular yosd heads— with a little bit of stretching, she can wear a 5-6” wig, rather than 6-7”.

12. I know right? This is the perfect line up for me. I'm lucky I don't like the jointing on the neo bodies otherwise I'd be in trouble.

13. Awwww Judie looks so cute :love. And this time I absolutely love the outfit. She might be one if my new favourites.

What do you think?

14. Judie reminds me of Louis, they could be sulky siblings lol.

15. Judie looks a lot like Dylan, I think.

I also just want the outfit, lol.

16. I noticed they've made an annoucement about order delays:

Hello, This is Blue Fairy.

I'd like to say sorry to you today, so I'm greeting you with an announcement.

We are currently producing baked skin of April order made.

Since baked skin is harder to produce than regular skin, delivery is being delayed a lot.

Therefore, May orders after April order made are also affected and are expected to be slightly later than the set delivery date.

I'm so sorry that I couldn't repay you for ordering Blue Fair's children with fast delivery.

We're doing our best to deliver faster, so we'd appreciate it if you could wait a little longer.

I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting so long.

Blue Fairy.

I'm one of the April Baked Skin orders so yeah. Dangit. Hopefully though, this means soon as they're now actually producing the April orders... right?
      Fingers crossed anyway.

17. oh man hopefully! i don't really care how long it takes as long as they get them out, lol, i have faith in bluefairy. :>

18. BF are such an old company, I can't see them messing things up badly. They know what they're doing.

I mean i'm eager for my boy but i'm okay waiting for them to get him just perfect. Heh.
      I hope their baked will be as beautiful in real life as I hope.

19. I took a few pictures of my beloved today~
      [​IMG]

I've been searching high and low to find the username of her previous owner (before my friend) but I just can't find anything! Here are some photos her previous owner took of her. They're really all I have as a hint. I've looked through flickr, google reverse image search, tineye, deviantart, this discussion thread part 3, the gallery and found nothing. She's been mine since May 2010, so these photos were posted before the image purge. She is a Sarang from approximately 2007 and was on a blossom body. Edit: Her name may have been Viola

imgur.com
      imgur.com

I don't want or need to contact the previous owner, but I really want to keep track of her history (along with all of my other dolls). A lot of photos and posts have been lost to time so I may never find out. Please PM me if you recognize the photos or know the name of her previous owner! I would be so happy to find out!

#539 nyaaain, Aug 8, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    20. I asked for an update on my April order and was told via the Q&A that he shipped today.
      Ooo exciting.

I haven't had any tracking or dispatch email though, but that might be delayed. I dunno how they do it.

Still, my wait might finally be nearly over! I'm nervous though, the longer the wait the more anxious I get about a doll arrival because I wonder if i'll still love them when they actually arrive you know?